I think many would be surprised to know that the un is pushing 'Healthy People 2010'? Has been for some time. WHO. I may be off, but I don't think so.
You are correct. From my Healthy People 2010 link:
World Health Organization http://www.healthypeople.gov/Implementation/Consortium/Annual_Meetings/1996_consortium/kickbusch.htm
* Division of Health Promotion, Education and Communication
* 12 indicators of GLOBAL HEALTH FOR ALL strategy that were to be assessed by all countries in the world
* At least 5% of the Gross National Product to be spent on health; A reasonable percentage of the national health expenditure devoted to local health care; Equal distribution of resources; (snip)
* Same with the Model School Nutrition Program http://www.state.nj.us/agriculture/PolicyQA.pdf which falls under 7. Educational and Community-Based Programs and 10. Food Safety programs listed above. Our state just mandated it. So what does that mean? Our state took the grant money. Now, agents of this program get to enter our school systems to gather data and have auditing rights to the schools records.
* They have now criminalized the peanut butter and jelly sandwich so these agents can come in and gather information on our children in public and private schools.
* Target Setting and Assessing Progress for Measurable Objectives