Skip to comments.Our road to redemption begins now!
Posted on 11/05/2008 12:48:59 AM PST by xuberalles
In the midst of our shock and sorrow, someone immediately posted what do we do now? How do we win back our own country? My answer? Simple. Wake the hell up!
We have to become energized, better organized, and bring vibrant and new faces to the forefront of our cause. We need to convince young people that we are the party of ideas...of staying true to our founding fathers sacred ideals of diligence...God...love of country...compassion...civic duty. We will seek to empower people...to improve their lives and that of their families through education and a staggering array of opportunity...and not merely patronize them with the promise of nothing more than a menial existence on welfare. We must reach out to Latino voters and convince them we have far more in common with them....work ethic, Christian values, love of family, hope...than the Democrats who support abortion, gay marriage, and excessive taxing on those who dare to work hard and dream of a better tomorrow. We stay true to our core beliefs, but shape the message to reach new demographics by sounding relevant in an ever-changing and fickle world. We need to strengthen and rebuild our entire network...from rural America to inner cities to the limitless power of the internet. If we are determined, passionate, positive, and articulate, we can restore conservatism to the mainstream of a country which was so easily cajoled by an empty suit who is more concerned about a bankrupt, leftist ideology, than the soul and future of the greatest nation on earth! And when the word Republican is no longer a dirty word and instead one of great aptitude and bearing...then we will have once again filled the pews of progress with patriots who feel the burning of optimism in their blood, and not the gelid hand of intolerance...otherwise known as Liberal fascism. We are Americans...we do not wade in the stagnant cesspool of socialism and communism...rather we baptize ourselves in the clear waters of reason and freedom! That journey begins now...who wants to join me?
I will join you. I started tonight by finally explaining the truth about Global Warming to my online students. I had been putting it off, because I have a pre-fab curriculum and would basically be saying that everything in the course is garbage.
Thank you! Every lie we expose is a step in the direction or redemption! Together, we can overcome this ridiculous con.
Sign me up, the battle to redemption begins now
Absolutely and thank you!
We are with you. We need to get personally involved. This has been a heart breaking night but I feel a tremendous comradeship with all of the great people on this great site.
There are more smart people with good ideas and a greater sense of selfless community spirit than in all of Washington. This country will be saved by people like you and me or not at all. What are we going to do? I don’t know yet but we are going to do it.
Read my tag.
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Now, just as the Communists have infiltrated for the past forty+ years, we must start with education from the ground up. Christian homeschoolers have been doing this for years. Support charter schools as well as vouchers. It’s not the solution, but it’s a start. Remove kids from government indoctrination institutes.
With Hussein in office, parents may lose more freedom in raising their children. Never forget what Hilter said: “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.”
Support homeschoolers. Support colleges like Patrick Henry, and other schools sharing like minded goals. Radical changes must start now.
Sarah did a heck of a job but the libs in the media weakened her the first 2 weeks and McCains stupid handlers did everything wrong with Sarah that they could have. She should have never given the interviews with Gibson and the stupid Couric woman.
Beside the fact that America is most likely going down the crapper, the next saddest thing is that Sarah Palins career is probably ruined. She is a brilliant shining star who is now damaged goods. That is a tragedy.
I couldn’t agree more. I know people on here have the fire in their blood to make this happen!
Impressive post. Great work!
Palin is without a doubt a leader of this movement. The MSM went out on a seek and destroy mission and we must somehow find out how to reintroduce her to much of America. We simply cannot let her become irrelevant. The fact that she never shys away from attacking Liberalism for what it is should give us all hope and motivation. They fear her more than anyone else right now...and that’s a good start.
Its amazing really. I’ve been on edge for weeks but now that the worst has happened I feel a tremendous peace and sense of purpose.
In 100 years, I think that free people will see the next couple of years as the beginning of the decisive battle where human freedom won one of its greatest battles. We have the means to make it so if we fight hard enough. I think we will.
Thank you so kindly! I know our day will come again!
We must also start by never using the words, “comradeship”, and, “community”. I understand your sentiments, but these are terms (as well as the philosophy behind it) generally used by Communists/Socialists.
“fellow ....”, “group”, “conservative base”, or, “brothers” are a better start.
some great points but i think palin is made of stronger stuff. the reality is she is a shining example of what could have been. lets not loose sight of the numbers she pulled for mccain. i think palin should be moved to cleanout the gop of the hangers on, the fakers, the gropers, the failures. the gop is stale, she most definitely is not...palin ftw.
Freedom lost is not regained.
Only one way, civil war and a purge. But I don’t advocate that.
With billions in tax dollars going to ACORN we have seen our last free election.
Once the national police force comes about the re-education camps start.
The goose is dead, now they will bleed the nation dry.
And I don’t ever want to hear “reach across the aisle” coming from the mouth of a Republican ever again!
“Sarah Palins career is probably ruined.”
I believe in pragmatism, but there is a time and place for everything. Your assumption is defeatist. Let us see what the future holds for Gov. Palin. Lord bless her and her family.
And Lord have mercy on America.
Sometimes defeat clarifies the mind and helps us focus on the bigger picture. There is obviously an enormous gap in this country’s ethos that allowed a man like Obama to fall through it. Now we must seal that cavern with our unyielding desire to defend our principles, and with it, our country’s future.
Most people who have lost an election never recover from it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.