We have never, ever had a President with such an internationally divided loyalty. Yet, most Americans think he’s just some black kid that overcame a broken home.
Leo is a good guy. He, Cort and others are really sticking their necks out to protect the Constitution. We should all call “conservative” radio talks show hosts and ask them why they are not talking about these cases.
COnsidering 0bama’s assistance including monetary to Raila Odinga, while 0 was in the Senate, is certainly evidence of divided loyalty.
Ping to use in letters to Senators.
ping ... you’ll enjoy the Scalia talk before the Federalist Society on the 20th.
Regarding conservative media silence:
I believe staying off the topic, and utterly silent, until the EC votes on 15 Dec. is simply the smart strategy:
1. The blowback of a pre-EC disqualification would be uncertain, e.g. Electors re-directing their votes for Hillary or Biden (with unclear legality vs. DQ of the Electors themselves)
2. The MSM remains fixed into silence: no way to start the spin machine if the topic is not raised the first place (the counter-articles may already written and ready to be published when this finally breaks out into the open, as it surely will).
3. SCOTUS has no traction at the federal level until the Governors certify the EC results. The State-level appeals only play into the pre-EC DQ problem.
4. The real show will be the joint session of Congress on 6 Jan. and whether Cheney will open the EC letters or leave them sealed and cross the street for a SCOTUS ruling: he only needs two objections, one House and one Senate member.
5. The Constitution has a clear path for handling a DQ between 15 Dec. and 20 Jan., the process is much less clear if the DQ occurs before 15 Dec. (e.g. a stay on the entire election, imagine the damage to all parties, the stock market and the country).
Summary: My own belief is the smart money, including conservative media, are waiting for 15 Dec. to pass before starting a full court press. I also believe that SCOTUS will find the means to make the DNC be the primary actor, for instance by forcing a reasonable disclosure after 15 Dec. (not before the EC) but before 20 Jan., essentially making Pelosi, Reid and the DNC the fall guys in the media. The MSM will have a hard time over the holidays with any spin control leading up to the 6 Jan. vote for President-Elect. Checkmate.
You might want to read the article and watch Justice Scalia’s presentation.
kerping ... the Scalia link is worth the time, too.
“Natural law is gone”? I would expect that from some Harvard Law professor, but I’m sorry to hear if from Justice Scalia.
Yes, the activist justices have been busy driving out natural law ever since the time of Oliver Wendell Holmes. But it would be disastrous if a people living under a Constitution based on “Nature and Nature’s God” just gave this founding principle up and consented to the resulting damage to our freedoms.