Skip to comments.Who Broke the Ceasefire? CNN's "Fact Check" Falls Short
Posted on 01/04/2009 10:08:19 AM PST by SouthTexas
In recent days CNN has been playing an interview with Palestinian politician Mustafa Barghouti in which he claims that Israel broke the ceasefire with Hamas by launching an attack in November, and that the current fighting is therefore the fault of Israel rather than the Palestinians. Barghouti also charged that Israels supposed blockade of Gaza was a further violation of the ceasefire agreement with Hamas.
(Excerpt) Read more at camera.org ...
Rush says we are in a sitcom. I can’t find this funny, though. The media has created a parallel universe from reality, and the vast majority of Americans and Europe are living in an alternative reality.
Israel broke the cease-fire (According to the UN)
* 18 mortars were fired at Israel in this period, beginning on the night of June 23.
* 20 rockets were fired, beginning on June 24, when 3 rockets hit the Israeli town of Sderot.
* On July 6 farmers working in the fields of Nahal Oz were attacked by light arms fire from Gaza.
* On the night of August 15 Palestinians fired across the border at Israeli soldiers near the Karni crossing.
* On October 31 an IDF patrol spotted Palestinians planting an explosive device near the security fence in the area of the Sufa crossing. As the patrol approached the fence the Palestinians fired two anti-tank missiles.
Of course, it’s Israel’s fault and of course the protesters have to add in Bush’s fault too.
Them Arabs are good liars. It helps that the MSM doesn’t challenge them on their “facts”.
I understand the media’s bias, not that I like it, but the ignorance of the rest of the world is appalling.
If someone shot rockets into your neighborhood, what would you do?
‘Bammy’s on Israel’s side, or at least he was last summer:
Obama said : “If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I’m going to do everything in my power to stop that. I would expect Israelis to do the same thing.”
Guess someone needs to remind the media, he’s their candidate.
That sh~ty little video of course won’t allow comments.
Thou shalt not rebut the media.
I don’t know what the hell is going on with the media, but I am about sick and tired of people blaming Israel for this bull_hit!
I have a few lib friends, but if I hear one more time that Israel started this I’m going to punch someone in the mouth.
Try to speak to a lib about Gilad Schalit or the tunnels used to move arms in and out of Gaza. Waste of breath.
The media is anti-American, anti-Israel, anti-common sense.
And it is up to us to try and keep them honest. OK, that’s a losing battle, but I will not surrender.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.