Skip to comments.Outrageous!... ABC Host Stephanopoulos Asks Obama About Prosecuting "Gravest" Bush Crimes (Video)
Posted on 01/11/2009 4:06:49 PM PST by Free ThinkerNY
When was President Bush indicted? When were the top officials of his administration indicted?... And, for what?
What were their crimes?... Keeping America safe for 8 years?... Liberating 50,000,000 people in Iraq and Afghanistan?... Spreading democracy?... Fighting Islamic radicals when Democrats voted to surrender?
This exchange on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos was outrageous and Barack Obama's response was equally disgusting.
(Excerpt) Read more at gatewaypundit.blogspot.com ...
When is Stephanopoulos going to be prosecuted? Hell, it’s been over 8 years since the Clintonistas were run out of Washington.
What crimes might those be, George?
I hope we haven’t gone to the political extreme that former office holders will be tried for what they did in good faith. It strikes me as totalitarian, imprisoning your political opponents.
Does that include yourself Obama? Uhuh.
If those people in Peking ever found out he'd probably show up missing or something.
This is exactly the reason why I will openly and gladly piss all over Obama and anyone who supports him.
The want us all to unite?
They can go to hell!
“I believe no one’s above the law.”
Obama is not opposed to prosecuting our civilian and military for violations defending against the Iranian leaders-backed terrorism. Go figure.
Unless I am misremembering the Clinton administration rejected calls by Libya to extradite Ollie North, et al will Obama reject demands by Iran to extradite Bush administration civilian and military personnel? What if that is Irans condition for us getting along? Even I dont really believe Obama would go that far. Would he? I wonder.
The only crime Bush could be prosecuted for is butchering the English language.
> I believe no ones above the law.
Unless it’s a DemoncRAT.
Ted Kennedy - murderer
Barney Frank - male madame, finance corruption FRM & FNM
Charles Rangel - corruption, list too long for this venue
Chris Dodd - corruption, list too long for this venue
Al Gore - selling secrets to ChiComs for campaign funds
Bill Clinton - giving rocket secrets to ChiComs, malfeasance
Maddy Albright - giving nuclear technology to North Koreans
Jimmy Carter - traitor, anti-semite, malfeasance as POTUS
Dick Durbin - traitor, giving aid and comfort to enemies of US
Bill Murtha - traitor, giving aid and comfort to enemies of US
There are many, many more that could be added.
But you get the idea.
You hear these America hating morons talk about Bush War Crimes etc all the time but not a single one ever can gove a specific indictable incident? That the man pissed you off and you hated his guts and everything he did is not and never was a crime...............
If what is reported is true then this Groid is hell bent on starting a Social War.
“It strikes me as totalitarian, imprisoning your political opponents......”
Its ALL about power the Dems...
That’s how these thugs roll. They make the suggestion of a crime and it becomes the truth. The liberals are the ones who commit a crime every day of their pathetic lives with these lies against our nation and the American people are just as guilty for aiding and abetting them by allowing them to get away with it.
Please 0 - please try to prosecute W’s Administration.
Then we could dispatch with the remaining simple pleasantries and get on with the full-blown civil war.
Making Republican Foreign Policy decisions a matter for criminal prosecution is getting old and in our present situation would spark something that would be called “unrest”.
This is NOT a good idea and that it is also being forwarded by Steponallofus shows his zealotry of that equal to the worst this country has ever seen.
I got real NEWS for Steppy - if the Gov is used to criminalize a political Administration, he’ll be first to get on the list of those pressing that provocative use of the Government.
How about Janet Reno and WACO
All remaining Republican leadership must be crushed beyond all recognition. They want fascicommunism and complete, unfettered, generational rule.
Understand, it will go up the chain and fan out to intelligence, military, etc.
“Give me the names of your ___________ and the waterboarding (or fill in the blank) incident will be forgotten.”
Good grief. Odumbo has got to be the most cretinous dolt ever to be elected president. He is wholly incapable of answering even the most basic question. We are soooooo screwed.
That was funny. Its like he believes his own BS.
The election of this man as president is contemptible.
That being said, after watching him stutter on many an interview, it could mean he didn’t want to answer the question and PO the lefties any more by saying “no”. Snuffy’s question put him on the spot. He didn’t expect the question but danced around it. If he really intended to go after Bush, I think he would have had a different repsonse.
If he does go after W, I agree with whoever said it could get ugly in our country.
I share your position 100%!
“Then we could dispatch with the remaining simple pleasantries and get on with the full-blown civil war.”
I now think it is inevitable.
Leftists are depply hateful individuals they cannot be accepted as well meaning political opponents they must be confronted and defeated as the ignoramuses they are.
He faked it there and has been faking it ever since. Why are you surprised this waste of air would be any different?
Why is this chunk of wasted DNA even worth mentioning?
As I wrote on another thread, if this POS tries to prosecute anyone from the Bush admin for waterboarding I think we should storm Washington. Enough with this crap. These Patriots gave their all to keep us safe thru much personal sacrifice and they have done their job magnificently, it’s our turn to have their backs.
>>If he does go after W, I agree with whoever said it could get ugly in our country.<<
It’s going to get really ugly. People are getting more PO’d by the day and the sob isn’t even in office yet.
It is appearing ever more likely that we are, in fact, headed toward some manner of very serious confrontation within our own nation; a clash of ideologies, conservative versus liberal.
It’s time to refresh the tree of Liberty, IMO.
Its pretty amazing that an angry mob with pitchforks and torches hasn't yet descended on the Capitol.
I guess they figure if they keep giving money away it will keep the the inevitable from happening.
The right in this country should be embarrassed , there hasn't been a decent demonstration against socialism in DC ever.
On Saturday I watched President Bush, his family and his dad, Bush 41. The comparison in our President and President Bush 41 to Obama is mind boggling. Here we have a family that has served this country with honor from young men til now. Obama has been a Senator. I don't believe most of what he tells us. I don't know if we can trust him. We have no idea what the future will be. God help Us!!!
Funny, I see a pattern here, apparently conservatives are too busy working and paying taxes to take a day off to go to DC and protest.
This has got to change.
List of protest marches on Washington, D.C.
The following is a list of protest marches on Washington, D.C..
* April 30, 1894 - Coxey’s Army. Protest march by unemployed American workers.
* March 3, 1913, Women’s Suffrage march. 5,000 march to support women’s voting rights.
* 1914 Coxey’s Army Second March
* August 8, 1925, Ku Klux Klan march. 35,000 Ku Klux Klan members march to show support for the KKK.
* June 17, 1932 - Bonus Army. March by 20,000 World War I veterans and their families seeking advance payment of bonuses from the Hoover administration; several killed.
* August 28, 1963 - March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. March at which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his I Have A Dream speech. 250,000 march.
* April 17, 1965 - March Against the Vietnam War. Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) held its first anti-Vietnam War protest rally in Washington. 25,000 attend.
* November 27, 1965 - Another March Against the Vietnam War.
* May 16, 1966 - Another March Against the Vietnam War.
* October 22, 1967 - March on the Pentagon. Major march to protest the Vietnam War.
* January 15, 1968 - Jeannette Rankin brigade. Called for withdrawal of troops from Vietnam.
* November 15, 1969 - National Mobilization to End the War. Vietnam Moratorium.600,000 demonstrate against the war in Vietnam.
* May 9, 1970 - Kent State/Cambodia Incursion Protest. A week after the Kent State shootings, a 100,000 demonstrators converged on Washington to protest the shootings and President Richard Nixon’s incursion into Cambodia.
* April 19, 1971 - Operation Dewey Canyon Three by the Vietnam Veterans against the War. Over 2,000 veterans camp on the Mall, protest all over the city. John Kerry testifies in front of Senate.
* April 24, 1971 - Vietnam War Out Now rally. 500,000 call for end to Vietnam War.
* May 3, 1971 - 1971 May Day Protests. Mass action by Vietnam anti-war militants to shut down the federal government.
* January 20, 1973, Anti-war protest demonstration. Includes the Yippie-Zippie RAT float & SDS “March Against Racism & the War” contingent.
* January 22, 1973-2008 - March for Life. Pro-life demonstration held annually on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade
* April 27, 1974 - Ten thousand marched in Washington, D.C., calling for impeachment of President Richard M. Nixon.
* July 11, 1978 - Thousands of Native Americans finish their 3200 miles long Longest Walk from San Francisco, rallying at the Mall for religious freedom for traditional American Indians and against eleven drafts discussed at the Congress, and considered anti-Indian by native community. Soon, all eleven projects are dropped, and the American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978 is passed.
* February 5, 1979 - Tractorcade. 6000 family farmers drove their tractors to Washington D.C. to protest American farm policy.
* October 14, 1979 - National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights. First such march on Washington drew 100,000 gay men and lesbians to demand equal civil rights.
* September 19, 1981, Solidarity Day march. AFL-CIO organized march to protest Reagan Administration labor and domestic policies. 260,000 march.
* November 27, 1982 - Washington Anti-Klan protest 1982.
* August 1983 - March on Washington commemorating the 20th anniversary of the MLK I Have a Dream speech. Jesse Jackson spoke, among others, and after referring to David felling Goliath with a single rock, talked at length about the number of eligible voters who had not voted in 1980, but who were numerous enough that Ronald Reagan could be defeated in 1984, calling those potential voters “rocks just lying around.”
* March 1 to November 15, 1986 - The Great Peace March for Global Nuclear Disarmament. From Los Angeles, California to Washington D.C. (a.k.a. The Great Peace March) to raise awareness of the growing danger of nuclear proliferation and to advocate for complete, verifiable elimination of nuclear weapons from the earth.
* October 11, 1987 - Second National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights. The second such march on Washington drew 500,000 gay men and women to protest for equal civil rights and to demand government action in the fight against AIDS.
* January 19 and 26, 1991 - Dual Marches against the Gulf War. The National Campaign for Peace in the Middle East estimated 250,000 attended the March on the 26th, but the National Park Service estimated attendance at 75,000. The March on the 19th was estimated at 25,000.
* April 25, 1993 - March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation. Organizers estimated 1,000,000 attended the March, but the National Park Service estimated attendance at 300,000.
* October 16, 1995 - Million Man March.
* October 12, 1996 - Immigrant Rights March - First national march in D.C. for equal rights for immigrants.
* October 4, 1997 - Promise Keepers event titled Stand in the Gap: A Sacred Assembly of Men. An open-air gathering at the National Mall
* April 16, 2000 - Supporting march for the A16 street blockades of an IMF/World Bank meeting.
* April 30, 2000 - Millennium March on Washington. Controversial LBGT political rally.
* Fall, 2000 - TheCall DC for God’s move in this nation- 400,000 gathered.
* May 14, 2000 - Million Mom March. March against gun violence.
* September 26, 2000 - Brides March Against Domestic Violence. Demonstration of several women in wedding dresses marching to raise domestic violence awareness.
* September 29, 2001 - Originally an Anti-Capitalist Convergence-organized protest to counter planned World Bank and IMF meetings, many protesters backed out after the World Bank and IMF cancelled their meetings in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks. The protest was turned into the first of several protests against the invasion of Afghanistan, the first major action of the post-September 11 anti-war movement.
* October 26, 2002 - First of numerous protests against the Iraq War in Washington, attended by over 100,000 people.
* January 18, 2003 - Anti-war demonstration on the National Mall; between 100,000 and 200,000 in attendance.
* April 25, 2004 - March for Women’s Lives - pro-choice march; between 800,000 and 1,100,000.
* October 17, 2004 - Million Worker March.
* January 20, 2005 - Counter-inaugural protests. Demonstrations against George W. Bush’s second inauguration.
* September 24, 2005 - Anti-War in Iraq protest
* October 15, 2005 - Millions More Movement. March to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the Million Man March.
* March 6, 2006 - ProjectMARCH. March for colon cancer screening for all adults
* January 27, 2007 - January 27, 2007 anti-war protest sponsored by United for Peace and Justice
* March 17, 2007 - March 17, 2007 anti-war protest. March against the Iraq War sponsored by ANSWER Coalition.
* June 10, 2007 - June 10, 2007 anti-Israeli occupation protest. Rally and march against the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories for peace and anti-violence.
* September 15, 2007 - September 15, 2007 anti-war protest. March against the Iraq War sponsored by ANSWER Coalition.
* October 19-20, 2007 - October Rebellion. Series of demonstrations protesting the policies of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
* March 19, 2008 - March 19, 2008 anti-war protest
* April 19, 2008, National Socialist Movement protest march against illegal immigration.
* June 1, Jewish Federation of Greater Washington had an Israel at sixty celebration.
* July 11, 2008 - hundreds of the Longest Walk 2 participants and supporters from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Poland, and many Native American nations finish their 8000 miles walk from Alcatraz Island in San Francisco to Washington, D.C. Walkers, gathered to “protect sacred sites”, “defend human rights”, and “clean Mother Earth” by the AIM co-founder Dennis Banks and other native leaders, present their Manifesto for a Change to Rep. John Conyers at the Capitol Hill. Two days of pow-wow and concerts at the Mall follow.
* July 12, 2008, Revolution March Rally and march protesting numerous violations of the US Constitution due to the Iraq Invasion, Federal Reserve, IRS, and the many policies of the Bush Administration. Over 10,000 people marched, participated in the rally, and enjoyed the musical guests. Keynote speaker: Ron Paul, Guest Speakers: Naomi Wolf, G. Edward Griffin, Thomas E. Woods, Jr., Chuck Baldwin, and more.
* July 19, 2008 - Over 9000 Anonymous March. Protest at the Lincoln Memorial by Anonymous against the Church of Scientology.
* January 10, 2009 - ANSWER Coalition protest against Israeli bombing of civilians of Gaza.
“These Patriots gave their all to keep us safe thru much personal sacrifice and they have done their job magnificently, its our turn to have their backs.”
That’s a fact.
Add John Kerry to the list: Criminal Libel of our troops
I agree and this is one step to establishing one party rule. The voluntary co-opting of the media was the first step.
Geez- it sounds like ANYONE can have a ‘march on washington’
Maybe we should get 5 or 6 people to March On Washington to demand O’s birth certificate
Do you think it will get the same coverages as the ‘several women in wedding dresses’ who marched agains domestic violence?
Lots of replies on this thread about civil "unrest". I hear also so much talk on the radio of civil "unrest".
The Bonus March, Major(?) General Douglas MacArthur and Majors Dwight D. Eisenhower and George S. Patton were there confronting the demonstrators.
That one worries me.
Otherwise I figure only the "it all counts toward 30" government employees would follow an administration's orders to suppress fellow citizens' peaceful protests. In fairness though in 1932 there were violent troublemakers among the former servicemen, I believe. Things do get out of hand and will again. Waco and Ruby Ridge along with "it all counts toward 30" government employees come to mind.
Otherwise leave it to the professionals. There are millions here ILLEGALLY with no interest in our heritage, radicals of all colors, radical Muslims, white supremacist groups, just plain nut cases, and who knows what else is out there, it will be an existential disaster. Leave it to the professionals.
If modern America's Man on Horseback is out there, Get on the damn horse already!
.. or at least get ready just in case.
Get ready for a purge.
With all the crap that Obama is going to faced with when he is President, I hope he steps on his dick bigtime trying to prosecute the outgoing administration.
i hope they go after bush and cheney and the rest.
This will use of sooo much political capital and be so contentious, it will leave less energy to mess with world affairs and ruin the economy even more.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.