Skip to comments.The 10 Worst Inventions of the Century
Posted on 03/22/2009 2:49:49 PM PDT by Notoriously Conservative
1. The Detachable Dog Sack. Enjoy a drive with man's best friend, but hate the hair he leaves behind? Then the detachable dog sack is for you. Now your pet can ride outside the car in a pouch attached with rubber-padded hooks to the open window of your vehicle. Because, let's face it, who needs safety when you have a sack? Click here for more. Not to mention the added benefit of deflecting blows from other people's car doors in busy parking lots.
2. The Cat Wig. It's pretty difficult to decorate a cat, but with a kitty wig, it's easy! Click here for more. When your neighbors just won't believe your crazy, there's always Cat Wigs!
3. iPhone Fingers. Ranging from small to extra large, one Austrian company offers only the best in latex digital protection to keep your iPhone smudge-free. Click here for more. Stings when you pee? Well say goodbye to those awful I-Phone STD's!
4. The Pedal-Powered Wheelchair. For those who can't stand ... but can still pedal. Click here for more. Faster Grandpa, Faster!
5. The Inflatable Dartboard. Completely collapsible, the inflatable dartboard could amazingly be stuffed into a space the size of a small cup. Great for use in tight spaces and for those looking for a quick, single-player, single-hit game. There's no need to worry, though it comes complete with a "puncture repair kit" in case anything should go wrong. Click here for more. Ah, a 3! Blow up another one, I can do better.
(pictures and links on site)
(Excerpt) Read more at notoriouslyconservative.com ...
—I nominate the cell phone—
gangsta rap didn’t make the list?
Didn't Romney use this for a 12 hour drive to Canada once?
btw I pick up my new puppy Joyce in 2 weeks when she will be 8 weeks old...
Isn't she Greeeaaat?!
The teleprompter. Without it, Obama would not have been president.
Was it invented, or did it evolve?
The Cue Cat.
>Isn’t she Greeeaaat?!
She has spots...
Birth control pill
I second that!
You’re right. Gangsta rap’s more of an evolution. Late 70’s to early 80’s rap was pretty tame i.e. Sugar Hill Gang, Grand Master Flash, Run DMC, FatBoys, etc. Then mid-to-late 80’s started getting grittier with the arrival of groups like Boogie Down Productions, Public Enemy, Erik B and Rakim, NWA, et al.
Seems the increase of violence and deviant behavior glorified in rap music has some correlation to the length of time that the cities from which it hails, remain under Democratic control.
Who’d a thunk it?
I still have a few of those, one I actually use semiregularly. I use a video and CD database that will use it to get the UPC code to fill out all the fields so I don't have to type. It was a lot cheaper than a real bar code scanner.
Now the idea of giving millions of them for free to try to get people to go through CueCat's website to advertise to them was pretty dumb. Doubly so was expecting that hackers wouldn't figure out the weak encryption on it to turn it into a general purpose bar code scanner.
Of the stupid inventions listed here I could use the iPod finger to convert from fat finger to fine tip. I would rather have a stylus, but the stylus I've seen for capacitative screens costs $15 compared to a pressure stylus for a Palm computer at 3 for $8.
If you’ve named her Joyce, she’s already spoiled. What breed is she?
So is it ShamWow, the guy selling them, his rather obnoxious headset, or all three?!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.