Skip to comments.This Week's Politicization of Interrogation Techniques
Posted on 04/21/2009 1:56:17 PM PDT by Seth_Stuck
After White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel told ABC in an interview on Sunday that President Barack Obama will not pursue the prosecution of Bush-era officials who devised enhanced interrogation policy for terrorist detainees, I made the mistake of actually believing something an Obama official said.
As I've pointed out on this blog before, it's important to note that Bush policies prevented at least 20 potential terrorist attacks. Yet, the Left would have Americans ignore that fact that we've been safe since 9/11 and prosecute Bush-era leadership for employing the very techniques which kept us safe.
Arm yourselves with the appropriate information folks, this is going to be one hell of a brawl.
...Lots of links, copies of interrogation memos and videos from Karl Rove and Dick Cheney included...
(Excerpt) Read more at conservativebrawler.blogspot.com ...
If they actually prosecute, the defense will be able to get the memos released that show the interrogations prevented further attacks.
That will never happen.
That may not be the standard which will be used to determine their legality.
Plus they would request similar documents from the Clinton era, showing that the Bush policies didn't just materialize from thin air.
it will never end
As long as we have tossed our security to the wind, I would like the public to know:
- the location of each of these 20 attacks that were prevented.
- estimated deaths toll had these attacks not been prevented.
- estimated dollar cost had these attacks not been prevented, both at the target locations as well as the impact to our overall economy.
- the names of every business and list of the jobs lost in the areas had the attacks not been prevented.
- time frame for each of these prevented attacks, so that the public could check their calendars to see if they or their loved ones may have been victims.
Information about those 20 attacks is hyperlinked in the article.
Agreed. This is all chaff and flares. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.