Skip to comments.Influenza as Bioweapon: Difficult to Counter
Posted on 04/25/2009 9:29:22 PM PDT by FreedomFighter1013
Although the CDC has not explained whether the current swine flu outbreak in Mexico and the United States is bioterrorism, influenza can be very readily manipulated and may be one of the best candidates for weaponization for several reasons:
1) Terrorists can prepare a vaccine to protect themselves and their host populations in advance of its release.
2) Influenza is airborne, it is transmitted through either solid or lipid aerosol, therefore its easy to spread.
3) There is a normal period of incubation during which time the carrier displays no symptoms, but can infect others. Therefore, dispersion is very efficient. The virus can spread out to a wide geographic area in a short period of time.
4) Its difficult to trace. The genome of a human-engineered strain of influenza can be manipulated by its author to make...
more here: http://gregcontreras.blogspot.com/
Makes you wonder if this suddenly appearing possible bio-weapon is Cuban.
I really, really doubt however that this Swine Flu is a bio-weapon. It is the usual mutation, albeit a big leap of a mutation.
Why would they start it off in Mexico though?
How big a population is the blogger talking about. Conventional vaccine manufacture techniques require months to manufacture millions of doses. I doubt that number of doses could be prepared without tipping off the CIA and other intelligence organizations.
“Terrorists can prepare a vaccine to protect themselves and their host populations in advance of its release.”
Any country or group been doing a lot of new vaccinating lately?
Lots of people who cross the US border to transport it throughout the US. Lots of people with marginal health to act as vectors for the disease.
Lots of missing lab created viruses in the world. CDC & WHO are troubled they could be in the hands of terrorist or “incompetants”.
I doubt it too, but this would be a much more effective way to cause widespread disruption that say anthrax IMO.
This disburses so easily, and wide spread infection is all but a foregone reality. There is no cure for it. For anthrax you can give an antibiotic, and alleviate the problem. The flu more or less has to run it’s course. If it’s a lethal enough strain, good luck.
With all the upheaval in Mexico lately, if you were a terrorist, wouldn’t it be the perfect place to..hang out? Here is something from 2006. What must it be like now?
Hezbollah Invading U.S. From Mexico
It is probably coming from the area in the following article (if it is bioterror related). Perhaps it was not intentionally spread by it's transporters on the way to the U.S.A...... .
Having just returned from a week in Puerto Vallarta one day ago, this is very disturbing news.
Poor hygiene and sanitation on the part of the general population, a dense population per square mile in places like Mexico City, lack of adequate advanced health care, lack of vaccines, lots of interior rot and confusion within the government that does not engender swift and unpopular action, gang wars that hinder the government to act even if it wanted to, direct and easy access to the US, popular tourist destination that allows ease of spreading the disease.
Mobile community. Mexico City has a large test population, and no law or Gov. to speak of. Large numbers travel at will in and out of U.S. undetected.
A few years ago, weren’t there a lot of virologists disappearing and being killed under mysterious circumstances, many of them staged to look like suicides?
Below is a list of 11 of the worlds leading microbiologist that have died 2001 - 2002
2. Nov. 16, 2001: Don C. Wiley went missing. Was found Dec. 20. Investigators said he got dizzy on a Memphis bridge and fell to his death in a river.
3. Nov. 21, 2001: Vladimir Pasechnik, former high-level Russian microbiologist who defected in 1989 to the U.K. apparently died from a stroke.
4. Dec. 10, 2001: Robert M. Schwartz was stabbed to death in Leesberg, Va. Three Satanists have been arrested.
5. Dec. 14, 2001: Nguyen Van Set died in an airlock filled with nitrogen in his lab in Geelong, Australia.
6. Feb. 9, 2002: Victor Korshunov had his head bashed in near his home in Moscow.
7. Feb. 14, 2002: Ian Langford was found partially naked and wedged under a chair in Norwich, England.
8.and 9. Feb. 28, 2002: San Francisco resident Tanya Holzmayer was killed by a microbiologist colleague, Guyang Huang, who shot her as she took delivery of a pizza and then apparently shot himself.
10. March 24, 2002: David Wynn-Williams died in a road accident near his home in Cambridge, England.
11. March 25, 2002: Steven Mostow of the Colorado Health Sciences Centre, killed in a plane he was flying near Denver.
research by H.W.M.McKinlay
If it's deliberate, it's the Chinese. They're the least damaged nation on the planet, if it has major impact. They've got too many people, people to spare (in their minds). They would do it as easily as they export toxic pet food. They would do it, just to see how it goes over. And they would do it in Mexico, because that's our sore spot.
That’s exactly what we thought, that the virus could mutate and become more deadly, especially because living arrangements in Mexico are different (larger families). Also, illegal immigrants tend to live in large groups ...it’s all speculation, but....
M.O.O.N. that spells SCARY.
...Or from a MidEast country, say, Iran?
Perfect timing...AFTER spring break!
Not just dog food...a whole host of things..from toxic children’s products to toxic wallboard. Seems they’ve done a whole lot to make American’s sick.
It’s unlikely to be the Islamists or China, as they would have HUGE populations to inoculate, plus the flu is not that deadly. And if we find out about mass inoculations of conveniently pre-manufactured vaccine, there may be hell to pay.
I read because of dietary laws, Jews and Muslims have a natural immunity to Swine Flu. Is this true anyone know?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.