Skip to comments.In Hawaii in 1961, there were three different birth certificates
Posted on 05/12/2009 11:46:25 AM PDT by cycle of discernment
Townhall.com May 12, 2009
Generally, folks don't know that Hawaii law, even in 1961, provided for multiple kinds of birth records, most of which are not what people think of when they think of birth certificates. The following is a description of those, including certificates for people not born in Hawaii. Go figure!
1. In the State of Hawaii, back in 1961, there were three different birth certificates that were obtainable: a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a Delayed Certificate, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).
2. In 1982, the vital records law was amended to create a fourth kind of birth certificate for children born outside of the Territory or State of Hawaii. HRS Chapter 338 was amended to add a new section authorizing the Director of the Department of Health to issue a birth certificate for a person NOT born in Hawaii either as a Territory or State, upon sufficient proof that the legal parents of such individual had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth of such child.
3. The language of the statute clearly applies to births in the days of the Territory of Hawaii, so also births in 1961.
4. A press release concerning numerous questions raised across the country as to whether or not Obama was a natural born citizen was issued on October 31, 2008 by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino.
5. In that very carefully worded press release, Dr. Fukino said that she had personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obamas original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
6. The intentional ambiguity of that statement raises more questions that it answered.
7. That statement failed to resolve any of the questions being raised by litigation across the country over the issue of Obamas birth and qualifications for the office of the President of the United States, including: a. The specific type of certificate was not identified. Could it be the certificate for someone born outside of the State of Hawaii? b. Being on record could mean either that its contents are in the computer database of the department or an actual vault original. If the latter, those are the words used to describe what is there. The data base record could have been entered based on a birth record for someone born outside of Hawaii. c. Therefore, the value as prima facie evidence is limited and easily overcome if any of the allegations of substantial evidence of birth outside Hawaii can be obtained and verified with a Court Order.
8. It should also be noted that in the face of all this litigation, the simple presentation of Obamas vault birth records would put the questions to rest.
9. Obama has not taken this approach to a single one of the cases, but instead has hired legal counsel across the country at no small expense to defend the claims with motions to dismiss on standing and similar procedural grounds.
10. Such response to the request for proof that he is qualified to serve as President of the United States of America only serves to raise more questions about this election.
I hope this issue continues to hound him until we get resolution on it.
Well, once 0’s handlers tire of him they’ll likely dig it up.
Maybe the GM bondholders can sue to see his birth certificate. One would think that since they are being damaged financially that the suit couldn’t be thrown out for lack of standing or whatever that legal term is.
I have no idea what a "long form" even looks like compared to the COB.
Actually, O should be wearing a RED diaper.
Mine is in my home safe and is required when I apply for a job or go to school.
This has always been a bugaboo for me and illegals going to school or work. My daughter had to produce hers and her shot record and SS#. How can an illegal waltz into a school and not a word be said?
Just like Animal Farm, some pigs are more equal than others.
What people should do is continue to sue. Force Bambi’s attorneys to spend spend spend on defending this.
That’s what Reagan would have done. He bankrupted the Soviets and we all saw the result.
Perhaps they are not the only ones who have a copy of the true documents.
Remember Bill Clinton's abrupt trip to Africa as soon as 0bama became a real threat? Why was that, do you 'spose?
As long as 0bama is pointing the country towards the status they want it to have when they take over he's safe. They get a dictatorship with that most precious of things - someone else to blame!
Why on earth is Barry fighting this so much. The more he resists, the more I think something is there. Maybe it wouldn’t disqualify him - but maybe it would be embarassing. Perhaps Barack Obama Sr isn’t his real father. He may have been born in Hawaii, but that someone else was his father ?? He would be still qualified to be Prez, but it wiould raise more questions.
I have this url from 1963
” If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year.”
The “Original” birth certificate that “O” posted on his campaign site had “Date filed by Registrar” as August 8, 1961, so I wouldn’t see how he could get by with going over as an adult to create what was supposedly in existence in 1961.
I do, however, think they will trial float whatever scam they are going to try on venues such as FR, just to see what kind of holes people will poke in it.
Oooops gotta go, black caddy in front of the house.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.