Skip to comments.Birthers waste millions in taxpayer dollars
Posted on 09/25/2009 12:36:14 PM PDT by pissant
Youve heard, Im sure, the claim that Obama has spent some large amount of money (since the amount is a wild guess, specifics vary widely) keeping his birth certificate a secret. Those who follow these questions know that nothing Obama can do will make the Conspiracy Theorists withdraw. If he was born in Hawaii, then hes not a natural born citizen anyway. If a court rules the against them, it just means the judge is traitor. If nothing Obama can do (short of resigning) will have any effect on birther activity, then it is certain that the birthers bear all of the responsibility for all the public funds spent in dealing with birtherism.
What are those costs?
* Members of Congress are flooded with emails, letters and phone calls asking questions and making demands related to birther theories. Their staff read and answer the mail.
* State officials, including secretaries of state, are pestered with birther questions.
* FOIA requests (which in most cases are free to the requester) have been filed, and must be researched and responded to
* The state and federal courts have been flooded with cases (at least 60 actions!) and many of the plaintiffs have asked that the filing fee be waived.
* Many of the cases involve government defendants (state secretaries of state, Nancy Pelosi, the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Elections Commission, Vice President Cheney, Secretary of State Clinton, Vice President Biden, Secretary of State Gates, various military commanders, the US House of Representatives and the US Senate not to mention Barack and Michelle Obama). All of these are defended at public expense.
Add up the time and effort of congressional staff, judges, law clerks, state officials and federal agency staffers. Its got to be in the millions. Birthers are not harmless
Blame Obama...not the citizens!
Right? And who is the Øne who’s spent over a million dollar$ fighting it’s release?
Does this mean Obozo will have the manhood to step down and save the country from these costs? After all Sarah Palin did the right thing, will Obozo?
Obama spends millions delaying the inevitable...
“FOIA requests (which in most cases are free to the requester) have been filed, and must be researched and responded to”
If only - We still haven’t seen any information.
Is that obama's answer to those who request his BC?
I guess upholding the law has a price (for the left).
That may be true, but considering how much more is being wasted by the guy they’re going after, you don’t need to be a birther to say “So?”.
Birthers waste millions in taxpayer dollars
Finally! Something my tax dollars are being spent wisely on.
If these anti-birthers have the panties in a wad now...
I can hardly wait till a Special Prosecutor is appointed to begin official investigations.
If, if, if ...
Just provide the birth certificate and see if those “ifs” come true.
So this persons logic is that it’s the people who are questioning Obamas citizenships fault that all this money is being wasted. What kind of logic is that? It’s Obama’s fault and his responsibility to stop this daily waste of money by showing us the goods.
“nothing Obama can do will make the Conspiracy Theorists withdraw”
uh...other than producing his actual birth certificate..what’s the problem with that? Wouldn’t that be easier than wasting our money trying to hide it?
The solution is simple.
Enact a policy of “Loser Pays” and if a court case proves that Obama is not qualified then he and Michele will have to pay all the plaintiff’s legal fees.
And if the plaintiffs fail to prove that Obama is not qualified, then the plaintiffs can pay Obama’s and the government’s legal fees.
Your post is very logical. The Left never use logic.
Gee, by today’s standards, only a million or so is pretty good...considering Obizmal throws around billions and trillions now like it’s monopoly money!
A 25 cent photocopy would end all this.
Blame the Demonrat Party, which refused to properly vet their candidate.
(And I do mean "refused" rather than "neglected".)
I agree! They have assisted in this fraud from the beginning.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.