Skip to comments.Glenn Beck Responds to Bette Midler Attack that He Could Spark Rwanda-like U.S. Civil War - Audio
Posted on 09/30/2009 11:33:53 AM PDT by Federalist Patriot
Here is audio of Glenn Beck today responding to Bette Midler's attack on him yesterday, where she said that he is "terrifying," and that Beck could spark a "civil war" in America like what happened in Rwanda.
Beck plays the clip and then responds by hammering her for displaying the "progressive movement's" disdain for anyone who disagrees with their worldview.
Beck said it is Midler's "progressive" kind of thinking that has led to genocide all over the world.
He also said liberals are trying to "whip up their base" by constantly saying conservatives want to "kill people."
(Excerpt) Read more at freedomslighthouse.com ...
She’s still around?
I could never stand her “singing”. She’s always flat.
Conservatives really don’t want a civil war, but we have a breaking point....just like our founders. I think when you take away guns or general free speech...then you’re pretty-much asking for it.
Not flat enough, still standing! Maybe throwing herself in front of the conservative movement is her way of making sure she get ran over!
Which side are you on, boys, which side are you on. (an old song lyric)
ya the old hag is still around
I know that I was a little rattled when all this “thought police” crapola was being touted just after the President's election but, eventually, it wore off and I'm back to business as usual. I truly believe if the President weren't African American, he'd be having a much worse time than he has.
Everybody needs to take a deep breath and cleanse the mind. Deep breath, relax. Let it out, relax Deep breath, take your time, let it out S L O W L Y. Relax.
Education is a good thing. But its not about education.
Its about reeducation. The reeducation of America by the liberal establishment.
Its not about hate on the right for liberals.
Its about hate from the left for America.
There will be no civil war in this nation. A second American Revolution, maybe, but not a civil war. And that Revolution will not be sparked by Beck or Rush or Savage, but by the leftist thugs currently trampling on the Constitutional rights of the American people.
The left has recognized that for the first time in 40-50 years, our side has decided that enough is enough. And the left can sense that change and they are scared to death. And they should be, because there’s about 40-50 years of anger built up and ready to be let loose........on them.
funny how liberals don't extend those same thoughts towards fellow Americans...
bookmark for later
Asking for what, exactly? A Constitutionally-permitted change in government? Yes, it’s called an election, and we have one next year.
And if people are as fed up as you believe, then they will overwhelm the polls and vote the bad guys out.
The Dem base is low IQ poorly educated easily led people who take direction from emotional cripples and sociopaths.
Anatomy of a goal:
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Ain't that the truth. I never thought I'd hear wholesale cries of "racism" and assassination. But even Carter and Clinton have jumped on the bandwagon.
The “bad guys” are the folks who vote for the marxists...
You cant vote those bad guys away... All you can do is come up with a way that they have no influence over your life and liberty. When “overwhelming” them doest work, separation is a justifiable alternative.
Of all people... she says this stuff? She supports the party and the President who put Isreal on the chopping block?
Since when is taking away constitutional rights...constitutional!? Elections aren’t the mere means of remove the constitution. Changes to it require the process endowed.
Never mind the laws for a minute...where would this country be if it ignored it’s own common sense!? Would our founder have even broken off if they just accepted limited control over their destiny and what sort of government could exist if free-speech was wholly eliminated!?
Rwanda, is she referring to the Clinton administrations refusal to call it genocide? Or is she referring to the Clinton administration send blow up rafts so they could pull thousands of dead bodies out of the water or is she talking about pulling UN peace keepers out so they could finish off the job.
The Question of Genocide The Clinton Administration and Rwanda
Holly J. Burkhalter
The Rwandan genocide, which claimed the lives of upward of a million people in a three-and-a-half-month period beginning in April 1994, will be remembered as one of the greatest human rights disasters of our time. However, the Clinton administration, facing what was the clearest case of genocide in 50 years, responded by downplaying the crisis diplomatically and impeding effective intervention by U.N. forces to stop the killing. The reasons for its stance include a lack of leadership within the Clinton ad- ministration’s foreign policy bureaucracy; its refusal to deal with the crisis as the human rights disaster it demonstrably was; Ameri- can distrust of peacekeeping in Africa fol- lowing the loss of American servicemen in Somalia last year; bureaucratic inertia at the United Nations ; and a general U.S. withdrawal from engagement in countries for which there is no strong domestic constituency.
U.S. policy throughout the Rwandan genocide can best be understood by looking at the five phases of the crisis. Interestingly, the Clinton administration responded with vigor and creativity to the fifth phase, the mass flight of Rwandans to neighboring countries. Several thousand U.S. soldiers were deployed in Zaire and Rwanda itself in late July to break the back of a massive cholera epidemic and to provide food, water, medicine, and shelter to refugees and dis- placed people. Top Clinton officials visited the refugee camps, and humanitarian issues there were a visible priority for the White House, the State Department, and the Pentagon.
This vigorous approach during the refu- gee p...
Wonder how many gazillions Joy Baher makes?
Lets see 200 million murdered under Communism vs Zero under Democracies and Freedom.
Pray for America and Our Troops
I don’t recall ever caring what Bette Midler thinks.
If we revere the Constitution, then we should use it to change things in our government that we don’t like. If you feel that a law or government decision is depriving you of a Constitutional right, then you take it to court - all the way up to the Supreme Court.
The reason that we have the Constitution structured the way it is is because our Founders didn’t want to have to resort to a war or an insurrection every time there were grievances against the government. They created the Constitution to deal with those grievances. They didn’t include a “Civil Unrest” clause - but they did include insurrection against your elected government as an offense called “treason.”
If you can prove that you have had a Constitutional right stripped from you - you can find lawyers all over the Yellow Pages. There are probably a few here that will take your case. Our founders gave you the tools to control your destiny. What have you done to use those tools - have you ever run for an elected office? Did you go to Washington on 9/12? (I didn’t see any water cannon or other weapons being fired at the crowds - did you?) Were the marchers rounded up and thrown into “Free Speech Areas” like we saw at the National Conventions in 2004? No, people went and had their say.
And now it’s time for them to put that say into electoral action. Are you working to get your candidate elected in next year’s Congressional election? Have you volunteered yet?
“Changes to it [I assume you mean the Constitution] require the process endowed.” And what exactly IS the process that the Constitution gives its citizens to change it? Elections, Constitutional Conventions, and the passage of amendments. They are work, but they are better than government changed by the pointing of guns.
Maybe that’s the reason the Founders, in their wisdom, developed such a carefully balanced system. They wanted only those ideas that people were willing to work for to become the law of the land. Or are you saying that civil war is a better way? Then why didn’t the Founders sanction civil war in the Constitution?
Because they thought Americans could solve their problems without violence. Do you agree with them or not?
I used to be with Laura Ingraham on “Shut Up and Sing.” Now it’s just SHUT UP!
I’ve been to a Bette Midler show, years ago. I was ok, no more. Today you could not give me a ticket.
I’m in favor of civil war because I know who would win. Bring it on Bette!
Look up the phrase ‘Fag Hag’ in Websters and there will be a pic of Midler with Barry Manilow playing keyboard in a NY bathhouse. Never could understand the media hype that surrounds her.
Take away the college professors and celebrities and spoiled rich punks and what you have left is lower IQ folks, poorer folks, richer but still un-educated UNION folks...all who BELIEVE the ridiculous LIES of the left and continue to vote for the fake promises.
The elite liberal democrats are EXPERT and causing race issues, inciting the poor and un-educated and MANIPULATING these good Americans into voting for them....the liberal elite ruling class is so low and dirty and full of crap that it is no wonder the sides are FINALLY starting to rip apart.
There, fixed it for you..
I dunno, folks, I'm just not seeing all of this hysteria, but I'll grant you, I don't live in the armpit of the country, either. I'll also admit that when our family was under siege, I started to get VERY paranoid, but I'm over it.
Honestly, is there anyone here who is that far gone? I may be wearing my rose colored glasses, but even the most hard right person I've encountered wants this guy defeated in the lawful elections (frankly, I'd settle for his puppet masters — Nancy and Harry). I'm just not getting it. Bette really needs a chill pill and so does Nancy.
This is the old Liberal / Leftist Double Standard at work... Big Time.... yelp, scream, screech, yada yada yada.
The Left can say and do anything - insult Republican Presidents, hurl outrageous accusations at Conservatives ...they have no limits in their outrageous behavior.
But we fight back with a strong counter-attack - hitting them where it hurts... with facts and revelations (ACORN, Van Jones, and more) — AND since they have no defense of logic and strong facts to come back and defend their position — then then attack -— Conservatives are RACISTS - Conservatives are Right Wing Extremist ready to start a civil war... and other such puke.
The Liberal/Leftist movement is just losing the argument - no hope of wining the argument - so they fling insults - we’re all racists, haters and worse ...
... when in fact the real Intolerant HATERS are on the Liberal/Left.
I say - Pour it on !!! Just keep it up until every neighborhood is marching with signs “throw the bums out”...
Pour it on... never - even stop fighting Obama-Reid-Pelosi (the ‘ORP’ and their GANG OF DEMOCRAT THUGS.
I wonder where they were when a certain Columbia University professor called for a million Mogadishus? We let Moore and Sheehan ramble on until she became a laughing stock. While the Left work to crush dissent because they fear the truth.
Immaculee Illibagiza is a survivor of the Rwandan genocide. Her entire family was killed, but she survived because a local pastor harbored nine women for three months in a 3 foot by 4 foot bathroom. Because they could have been found out at any moment, they basically could not talk, or move, for those three months. “”For example, when I remember what went on in Rwanda, I think a call - just a telephone call - from the White House, would have stopped the genocide in a second. If the president or somebody had just called the country, and called the people who were doing it - because they were saying it on radio, it was not something they were hiding - if he had called, with a phone call and told them Stop it, otherwise we are going to punish you they would have been scared. They would have stopped it. They did not even need arms, or soldiers to come stop it. They would have stopped the radio, and the genocide would have stopped in a second.
She may be right. All the President needs to say is Those of you who are doing this will be hunted down and prosecuted. It may take us a year to get a force over there that can stop you, but rest assured, we will hunt you down no matter how long it takes. The U.N. Will convene a special tribunal to prosecute these crimes, and we will get you.”
-— Clinton may have been able to save 400,000 lives with a phone call. Just the threat of future assured punishment might have stopped the whole thing. And also interesting was the comment that “they would have stopped the radio” - this I take to mean that instructions or incitement given over the radio was instrumental to keeping the hatred flowing. And a radio station is something that could have been taken out with a single cruise missile.
“Because they thought Americans could solve their problems without violence.”
The Founders FOUGHT a war to make our government!? <—Read that again, please. I guess they don’t live up your standard? I guess we should label them under treason and remove them as heroes in our history books.
This is silly. I’m not saying one shouldn’t exhaust the options available. In fact, I would say I’m very very hesitant on the idea of civil war. It in my opinion would require those options to be exhausted and to be eliminated in some sense.
Historically it’s obvious that people can and sometimes should fight to remove their government (AS WE DID), and so I leave that option. Personally I think we’re a long ways away from that. I may not like Obama and the current admin, but nothing remotely wants me to see violence.
It’s very workable from here, but you seem to think I’m walking around with my bayonet on.
oh goodness are you calling bette a jew hating jewish person?
If the “rich” white landowners in Zim had gone to war against Mugabe and ran him out of the country instead of letting him take and “redistribute” their land and wealth there’d be a lot fewer hungry people there right now.
Thanks! But, actually, she’s both!!
She’s stupid, too!!!
Yes, our founders took part in an armed struggle to create the nation. And they created a governing system where designed to prevent war if you needed to change government. They knew the problems inherent in the balance of power between the government and the governed, and they attempted to solve that in a non-violent way.
When they had a chance to create their own government, they debated. They didn’t fight duels or have knife fights to decide points of governance, statement and civil rights. They didn’t have a shootout over the 3/5ths rule.
They talked. They voted. They had a set of rules to govern their constitutional convention, and they followed them.
They set an example for us, and they enshrined that system in their nation’s Constitution.
They left violence behind and founded a nation on laws and following those laws, and that is why I propose we fight to change our government through elections, lobbying our reps, marching, writing, speaking in public, petitioning, and seeking amendments. They gave us these tools.
They didn’t include a section in the Constitution on the “right” way for citizens to use violence or lawbreaking to settle their disputes.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.