Skip to comments.THE GENIUS OF BILL COSBY. LOOKS LIKE HE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!
Posted on 10/25/2009 11:17:45 AM PDT by American Dream 246
Bill Cosby has a great way of distilling things. Looks like he's done it again!
I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE. HERE IS MY PLATFORM:
(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language. Speak it or wait at the border until you can.
(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the Wal-Mart policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'
(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.
(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens..
(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state.. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. Neither the president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.
(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.
(7) Professional Athletes--Steroids. The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.
(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There are no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.
(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.
(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.
(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.
(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Doesn’t sound like Bill Cosby. Maybe the Bill Cosby who’s a truck driver?
Snopes.com reports this as an INCORRECT ATTRIBUTION (See: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/platform.asp)
Oh, forget it.
Now now, that would mean solving the problems, not letting them fester.
Nope, doesn’t pass the smell test.
Genius of Bill Cosby: Vote your race.
Sorry but this doesn’t sound like Bill Cosby!
Need a double check on this.
If this faux platform actually reflected Bill Cosby’s attitudes, he would not have embrace the affirmative action fraud int he Oval Office. But oh how I wish this DID reflect Cosby’s perspective ...
Only an idiot would seek to ban exports.
You need to provide a link showing that Cosby really said this. It sounds pretty bogus to me.
Most of these are just plain stupid. The anti-trade stuff is a recipe for another great Depression. Or worse.
The anti-crime stuff is unconstitutional. Really unconstitutional, not just according to liberals.
Like most populists, whoever wrote this vastly overestimates how much is spent on “foreign aid.” It’s a drop in the ocean compared with the annual deficit, let alone the national debt.
I don’t even have to check Snopes for this one.
Strange to drop Wal-Mart’s name while making a point about banning imports and exports. Last time I checked, most of the stuff at Wal-Mart had “made in China” stamped on it...
Also, it really bothers me that these “incorrect attributions” (that term makes it sound almost accidental) are done intentionally, for some reason (not benign, I’m sure). Liberals do this nonsense all the time.
You can see at the end of the message some made sure to actually sign it.. “Bill Cosby.” Intentional to mislead.
I sure didn’t hear Cosby coming out indefense of the police officers in trouble for writing citations to those who can’t speak english.
If they can’t speak it, can they read the roadsigns?
“I sure didnt hear Cosby coming out indefense of the police officers in trouble for writing citations to those who cant speak english. If they cant speak it, can they read the roadsigns?” (sic)
Cosby still didn’t write that Internet hoax, which has been around for decades (before there was an Internet).
Second, they “read” the signs the same way we’d “read” the signs if we drove in Europe. It’s not that difficult.
Maybe this was from Ted Nugent? Oliver North? Some Indonesian prince?
Thanks for checking.
Yep, that does not sound like Bill Cosby. He isn't stoopid enough to think banning imports and exports will straighten out the economy.
So now we post 10 year old email chain letters?
Give me a break! 100% fake, they didn’t even try.
You mean this wasn’t Nugent’s?
Sounds too much like the “genius” of Ron Paul... [I hate insulting real political geniuses]
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.