Skip to comments.What is Wateree Community Actions?
Posted on 02/23/2010 10:15:37 PM PST by Jet Jaguar
Wateree Community Actions Is
· An Empowering Facility in the Community
- It builds, rehabilitates and weatherizes houses for clients.
- It introduces its clients to the political process.
- It brokers for clients to help them gain access to services and information.
- It sponsors employment training, hands-on work experience, and does job development for clients.
- It teaches clients self-help and life skills to become self-sufficient.
- It exposes to clients opportunities available to them.
* An Economic Enhancer in the Community, an Added Value
- Annually it brings into the area over 11 million dollars, which translate
into forty-four million dollars after turning over four times more. These dollars impact lives of citizens, taxes, governments and businesses of the community.
· A Helping Hand to the Poor
- It provides and helps clients obtain food, clothing and shelter.
- It helps them purchase prescriptive drugs.
- It helps them pay utility bills and house rent.
- It provides books, educational supplies, health screenings, and developmental opportunities for youth and children.
· A Spawning Ground for Leaders of Tomorrow
- Young children are tomorrows leaders in the making. The pre-schoolers
of the Head Start Development Program are our youngest clients. Our emphases with these future leaders are sociable and cognitive development, nutrition and health care, family service and parent involvement in the life of their children.
· A Source of Information and Referral
- It collects, complies and disseminates printed information and informs the
- It displays information exhibits to teach, educate, and instill appreciation
- It coordinates and collaborates with other community entities to exchange and share ideas and resources.
· A Source of Inspiration to those Involved
- It has inspired many clients, employees, and volunteers to acquire career
credentials and job advancements.
- Several board and advisory council members have been inspired to private
and public office on local and state levels. Their first exposure to the large picture of community needs was through involvement with Wateree Community Actions.
· In Summary:
Wateree Community Actions is a necessary unequivocal asset to this community.
Home values and such. Realtors swear by it.
Wateree Community Action Inc is awarded $700,000.
Then awarded $1,076,865.
Then awarded $6,435,805.
Then awarded $429,049.
Then awarded $244,800.
Then awarded $2,073,186.
... Hmm ... looks like someone’s getting backdoor reparations.
I just wonder who.
I priced insulation for my old house.
I cannot afford it.
Nobody came and offered it to me.
I would be willing to take $40,000 worth of insulation.
I could do my house right and continue down the the street.
All the houses on Wren would be Obama complient.
And it would create a second job for me.
Get out of bed! There is work to do! LOL
Cmon Freepers, its all there-google the people, look for links! Try to 100% show the judge is or isn’t the executive.
I’ll be off this till after 3:15. Good hunting folks!
My info is correct so far but It should be spelled “Wateree” not “Watertree”
Money was funneled to company called KQC and its president Hal Kaplan. Apparently Kaplan has a long history of this type of construction for the Head Start program there.
Note: You need to scroll to the right side of that newspaper to see the article. Its just to the left of the photo and is entitled “Building A Future”.
Now that we know Bethune’s background is in mental health, it would appear he is in fact the same Bethune mentioned in the previous link in the Pee-Dee mental health lawsuit.
I must be coming late to the party. What is this organization accused of doing? What crime are we investigating? Did I miss an article or news story?
According to the Recovery.org website, the group got about 10 million and created...5 jobs. Jet asked us to check to see who they are/connections, etc.
The "connections" will be interesting, but the basic gist of this is disgusting ... $15,000,000 for 5 jobs ... PLLLLEEEEZZZEE ... and they want a second $timulus? I didn't refer to any "connections" as we are far from confirming anything yet.
The Recovery.gov site is amazing ... every time you click on one of those dots you "light up" with anger. Want to make people angry enough to "do something?" Give them that link and show them how it works.
I hope MANY other bloggers pick this up so we can get this "small" example out to people so they will start checking Recovery.gov for what's happening in THEIR back yard. I'm from S.C. so this one is in MY back yard!
Thank you for getting the word out.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.