Skip to comments.What is Wateree Community Actions?
Posted on 02/23/2010 10:15:37 PM PST by Jet Jaguar
Wateree Community Actions Is
· An Empowering Facility in the Community
- It builds, rehabilitates and weatherizes houses for clients.
- It introduces its clients to the political process.
- It brokers for clients to help them gain access to services and information.
- It sponsors employment training, hands-on work experience, and does job development for clients.
- It teaches clients self-help and life skills to become self-sufficient.
- It exposes to clients opportunities available to them.
* An Economic Enhancer in the Community, an Added Value
- Annually it brings into the area over 11 million dollars, which translate
into forty-four million dollars after turning over four times more. These dollars impact lives of citizens, taxes, governments and businesses of the community.
· A Helping Hand to the Poor
- It provides and helps clients obtain food, clothing and shelter.
- It helps them purchase prescriptive drugs.
- It helps them pay utility bills and house rent.
- It provides books, educational supplies, health screenings, and developmental opportunities for youth and children.
· A Spawning Ground for Leaders of Tomorrow
- Young children are tomorrows leaders in the making. The pre-schoolers
of the Head Start Development Program are our youngest clients. Our emphases with these future leaders are sociable and cognitive development, nutrition and health care, family service and parent involvement in the life of their children.
· A Source of Information and Referral
- It collects, complies and disseminates printed information and informs the
- It displays information exhibits to teach, educate, and instill appreciation
- It coordinates and collaborates with other community entities to exchange and share ideas and resources.
· A Source of Inspiration to those Involved
- It has inspired many clients, employees, and volunteers to acquire career
credentials and job advancements.
- Several board and advisory council members have been inspired to private
and public office on local and state levels. Their first exposure to the large picture of community needs was through involvement with Wateree Community Actions.
· In Summary:
Wateree Community Actions is a necessary unequivocal asset to this community.
Many branches of WCA according to google.
Horry County, S.C.
$31,048,796 to the Transportation Dept. created/saved 32.56 jobs
$381,910 to Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. created/saved 2 jobs
$849,833 to Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. created 0 jobs.
$1,196,224 to Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. created 0 jobs.
$3,719,833 to Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council, Inc. created 0 jobs.
So $6,147,800 to WEOC to create or save 2 jobs.
Charleston County north:
St. James-Santee Family Health Cehnter (sic) Inc.
Jobs created/saved = zero.
Great stuff in this thread ... fascinating to read it. Thanks to all.
Doug @ The Patriot's Flag
Look into the coffers of those mentioned in your last question and you may find your answer.
An article I put together.
Walking around money. The Wateree group was funding Alvin Greene.
It seems so.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.