Skip to comments.Robert Welch's 1958 predictions about the U.S.-Video
Posted on 06/09/2010 11:13:23 PM PDT by 51773photo
Things that are going on today with the economy, and how the goverenmet is handling all of it, was specifically predicted back in 1958 by Robert Welch.
Pretty accurate predictions and great action plan - most tea partiers would identify with that.
Why has the JBS been so vilified?
Does anybody happen to know the composer of the music in this video?
I have no idea. Growing up as a military brat, certain ideals were spoken of as the devils own. One of them was the John Burch(sp?) Society. No idea what they stand for, no idea of who they are. I just know if I ever mentioned their name, I would be put up in front of a firing squad.
In 1959 we could see where this country was headed and made the decision to never have kids that would have to live through it.
What we have now would have been 15 years ago +- if it hadn’t been for the fighting by conservatives to stop it.
“No idea what they stand for, no idea of who they are. I just know if I ever mentioned their name, I would be put up in front of a firing squad.”
Here’s an intro:
I can remember people laughing at him. The sheep do not like to be awakened, they would rather face the future with their eyes closed.
I still have a copy (my grandfather’s) of the 1959 “Blue Book of the John Birch Society”. It is, 50+ years later, some very interesting reading. It’s like a window to the ‘50s.
The LMS certainly demonized Welch.
Because the media, academia and the political system has been taken over by progressives/socialists/communists/Marxists/Maoists-ALL “birds of a feather”.
from Amazon get the books “ None dare call it treason” and “None dare call it treason, 25 years later”
I have never found the answer to that question.
When I was younger, much younger, I had the impression that the John Birch Society supported communism. I don't know how that impression came about. As I reflect on that, I see that instilling false notions is possible. Once instilled they are nearly impossible to change.
A short time ago I came across a short video that contained a very concise description of various forms of government leading to an explanation of The American Form of Government. The video pointed out that America is not a Democracy but rather the Republic guaranteed by the Constitution. I had no knowledge of the source of the video; I was far more interested in the clear and concise message than who was the messenger.
I posted the link on Free Republic and another Freeper pointed out that the video was actually one of a series of videos created by the John Birch Society. This startled me a bit and caused me to visit John Birch Society web site. I found nothing Un-American or Anti-American. On the contrary, I found just the opposite.
I wonder what false impressions the socialist and Marxist elements in our society and government are instilling in young people today. The young are not going to listen to an older person who is obviously out of touch regardless of that persons passion for the vision that was once America.
The reason I mentioned the fact that America is a Republic and not a Democracy is because of the Marxist elements effort to persuade young people that America is a Democracy. It may appear a simple exercise in semantics but it goes far deeper.
Socialism can only prevail in a Democracy because in a Democracy the majority can elect to ignore the rule of law by ignoring the law. You can see this in real-time by observing the Congress, Executive, and Judicial branches of our government ignore the Constitution in order to achieve their agenda.
These words are in Americas Constitution.
Article 4. Section. 4. The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government
As an added note neither the word Democracy or any of its derivatives ever appear in Americas Constitution or in The Declaration of Independence or in the Constitution of any of the fifty states.
How is it that in a “1958” speech he is mentioning President Nixon, and didn’t we leave the gold standard in 1971?
A 1974 speech labeled as being from 1958 could sound like predictions, but that is misleading.
a 1974 speech, referring to his remarks of 1958
Richard Nixon was Vice-President from 1952-1960.
The first I ever heard of the JBS was in the early 60’s when The Chad Mitchell Trio recorded a song ridiculing them. Liberals like Bobby Kennedy made jokes about them.
When I finally read some JBS literature, I found I agreed with them. Time has proven they were/are right.
Right, Nixon was not President in 1958.
There were parts of two different speeches in that video, one from 1958 and another from 1974.
In 1958, Robert Welch lists ten things as evidences:
“A part of that plan of course is to induce the gradual surrender of American sovereignty piece by piece and step by step to various international organizations of which the United Nations is the outstanding, but far from the only, example:
1. Greatly expanded government spending for every conceivable means of getting rid of ever larger sums of American money, as wastefully as possible.
2. Higher and then much higher taxes.
3. An increasingly unbalanced budget despite the higher taxes.
4. Wild inflation of our currency.
5. Government controls of prices, wages, and materials, supposedly to combat inflation.
6. Greatly increased socialistic controls over every operation of our economy and every activity of our daily lives. This is to be accompanied naturally and automatically by a correspondingly huge increase in the size of our bureaucracy and in both the cost and reach of our domestic government.
7. Far more centralization of power in Washington and the practical elimination of our state lines. There is a many faceted drive at work to have our state lines eventually mean no more within the nation than our county lines do now within the states.
8. They study advance of federal aide to and control over our educational system leading to complete federalization of our public education.
9. A constant hammering into the American consciousness of the horror of modern warfare. The beauties and the absolute necessity of peace. Peace always on communist terms of course.
10. The consequent willingness of the American people to allow the steps of appeasement by our government which amount to a piecemeal surrender of the rest of the free world and of the United States itself.”
That was straightened out almost two months ago, what is your point?
actually, I watched a different video, so am not sure if you saw the same thing.
I don’t care, why are you bugging me on this old dead thread?
Sorry, but I didn’t see those ten items listed anywhere in the thread.
BUMP- John Birch Society...They were right!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.