Skip to comments.Mass Evacuation From Gulf Coast?
Posted on 06/16/2010 4:09:49 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
In the last couple of days, theres increasing chatter on the net that the Obama administration is planning a mass evacuation of residents from the Gulf coast. Fellowship of the Minds endeavors to avoid posting sensationalist alarmist material, but Im posting these alerts for the following reasons:
1. We cannot trust either British Petroleum or the White House because, from the very beginning of the oil rig explosion and the subsequent oil leak gush, both had known the true extent of the spill but both deliberately downplayed the number of galllons spilled per day, as well as the devastating impact on wildlife, the economy of the Gulf coast, and human health. See Rolling Stone Indicts Obama for Gulf Oil Disaster.
2. Each day, we find out that the scope of the disaster is much greater than we are told. Independent scientists have sighted multiple oil plumes. The latest is that the ocean floor of the Gulf itself may be damaged all of which is denied and unacknowledged by BP and the White House.
3. We are also not told about the deadly oil dispersant, Corexist, that BP is using, which is highly toxic to marine and human life.
4. Knowing that a mass evacuation cannot be lightly undertaken but requires much planning, I note with interest these three recent developments:
* Late last Wednesday night, the FAA announced its closing the airspace over the Gulf coast to all planes except those flights authorized by ATC, routine flights supporting offshore oil operations; federal, state, local and military flight operations supporting oil spill recovery and reconstitution efforts; and air medical and law enforcement operations.
* The U.S. Northern Command recently conducted a training exercise at Naval Station Norfolk. USNORTHCOM was established Oct. 1, 2002 to provide command and control of Department of Defense homeland defense efforts and to coordinate defense support of civil authorities. As described by NorthCom, the exercise was Citadel Protect 2010 (CP10): a U.S. Fleet Forces Command and Navy Installations Command-led training event designed to assess the Navys capability to protect ships against various potential threats in Navy ports. The training presented Sailors with different scenarios, which required them to respond quickly and effectively. The use of realistic simulations and Hollywood-style special effects, including pyrotechnics, added to the authenticity of the training experience. Capt. Sam McCormick, director for fleet antiterrorism at U.S. Fleet Forces Command, said This exercise was a tactical-level exercise specifically focused at testing our tactics, techniques and procedures at the waterfront scene.
* On April 30, 2010, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal sent letters to the DOD and the Dept. of Homeland Security requesting funding for at least 90 days of military duty in Title 32 USC 502(f) status for up to 6,000 Soldiers and Airmen serving on active duty in support of our response to the threat of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill to the State of Louisiana. Jindal explained that the purpose of the National Guard is to provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat. Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill. (To read Jindals letter, CLICK HERE.)
A mass evacuation from the Gulf coast will mean disruptions and upheavals on a scale that is unimaginable. Hopefully, the rumors will be proven to be baseless. But it doesnt hurt to be forewarned. At a minimum, Americans living in the Gulf coast should ask their local and state governments about this. Do not rest until you get a clear answer from those who are supposed to be our servants.
I can’t imagine why they would have a legitimate reason for blocking the airspace over the GOM. It smells of cover up.
I’ve also watched clips, and read stories of BP blocking access to PUBLIC BEACHES... How could they have the authority to do that? I wish I lived in the area, I’d dare them to attempt to stop me from going to a public place.
Was this it?
Yea....wheres this crap from?
There’s been a few articles, some sensational, about the toxins in the oil causing health issues. That several of the boaters assisting early on in the cleanup were hospitalized is a cause for concern. Looking for that kernel of truth in all that’s out there. Having said that, if Homeland Security (haven’t heard from Big Sis in a few days) hasn’t at least planned/run a number of scenarios, they would continue to be derelict. I have relatives on the East Coast of FL., including my elderly parents. And yes, I’ve thought about making arrangements for them if needed. Keeping a very close eye on any developments.
Here's the original thread:
I only watched one or two. Scroll down and find the one done by george4title. He usually talks about the displaced person situation in CA, etc., but decided to focus on the oil spill.
If you live in the gulf and think it's imminent, if you can, best to take supplies and get out on your own w/your pets B4 the roads get clogged and not get trapped somewhere you might not like like happened during Katrina.
I hope it doesn't come to this as some will never be allowed or able to go back like Katrina.
No, but I think that’s probably similar—see post #26 on this thread—found the links.
ANYONE within 500 mi of the gulf coast-yes, 500 mi-needs to head north/northwest, but NOT AZ,NV,CA, and NOT the east coast...I researched operation deadly tide and discovered that the gulf evac is only phase 1, which will begin 6/16. phase 2 will involve the ENTIRE eastern seaboard from FL to Cape Cod, MA. If you dont leave before then, you will lose what little freedom you have. Pack NOW,and include a winter wardrobe, sm.cookstove, water purifier, and FOOD.Not canned, dried or freeze dried(rice,beans,fruits). May God bless us all.
From an inside source working in the field. (I have been in this industry for 15+ years......and done alot of hydraulic mud pump applications & top head applications,) QUOTE:
FYI................(Source) just called me from work. 4 guys in his office are gone today, they got papers late yesterday afternoon to deploy out to unspecified area here in the U.S. for Disaster Drills training. Another thing.....hubbs drives 71 home & he called round 6 pm last night on his way home to say there were at LEAST 50, white, cargo type vans....no windows, with gov tags flyin down 71. He said the line of vans was at least 1 mile long exiting onto 270, so his est # was surely low.
Now, I have been watching the fedbid.gov sight really closely the past month. The majority of the ammo is being shipped to Columbus & Idaho.
Just keeping everyone informed of what we are seeing around here as far as weird activity..
no..no..no. Let's keep the conspiracy going. They are evacuating the coast and clearing the air space because their going to try
We should really let ELF know..
Must be on Coast to Coast with Nooridiot.
Could be the conspiracy minded John Batchelor.
Dunno, vet, I think we will be able to tell how serious this thing may get over the next few months. If BP can’t regain control with the activation of the relief wells, I would really start to worry at that point. I personally do not think that we are there yet, but we could potentially get there. Let’s see what happens.
More conspiracy nonsense.
LOL, Alex Jones is one of the sources they cite- that pretty much confirms it is complete BS.
Nuke the thing or pollute the world's oceans for the next thirty years according to geologists. In addition, every time there is a hurricane or tropical storm, the polution will be sucked up and sprayed inland, poisoning crops and drinking water. This option is a no go with other nations that will suffer from it. I think the Kenyan would not care about US but he will care about pressure from other Nations - especially Cuba.
If the well has collapsed and they can't sucessfully drill into the existing well and capture the spew, nuking is their next option.
They are going to evacuate the coast before possibly setting off the earthquake/tsunami. When they announce the latest "attempt" (stall tatic) to drill a new hole fails, hit the road before military rush hour.
Couldn't it just have done one of those human abductions things, with the ray that sucks the person up in the beam and head back home? It'd solve a multitude of issues....
folks could always choose to stay - and breathe in the toxic fumes accompanying the oil spill
the OilDrum blog has a discussion thread about this
Can I be honest?
I'd rather trust a corporate broad room full of drunken British Petroleum executives that have taken up cannibalism and voodoo, than trust those in D.C. and this administration/government.
For the damn spelling police...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.