Skip to comments.KT McFarland: About Those Missing Afghans
Posted on 06/21/2010 10:19:52 AM PDT by jazminerose
While everyone else was beguiled by the BP show trials, the always astute K.T. McFarland was posing a few intriguing questions about the AWOL Afghani soldiers who have evaporated someplace in the United States.
1. Why are we just hearing about this situation now, when some of the people on the list have been missing for 2 years? And when the most recent person to go missing was 6 months ago. Has something changed? Whats happened to make us all of a sudden become more alert?
2. Was there a previous notice about this missing men? The Be-on-the-Lookout (BOLO) notice released on Wednesday was given a wide distribution it was distributed to local and federal law enforcement officials and joint terrorism task force members across the country. Was there previous military to military notification that went out earlier this year through military security?
3. Heres a simple but important question: Are these guys all on the no-fly list? They better be! But if theyre are not, why not?
4. Has there been an explanation about why all 17 of these men appear on the list, especially if 7 of them have already been accounted for?
5. Going back to Monday night, when a couple was arrested for trying to enter Madill Air Force Base, we learned that they were picked up in 90 seconds. Ive been going to military bases for 40 years, believe me, nothing happens in 90 seconds on a military base! The lightening fast action on the base doesnt make sense. Either the folks at Madill are lying about it or the base was on a VERY heightened state of alert. Remember these Afghan deserters had full access to bases.
Excellent points all. It is far too easy to disappear once youre in Americastudent loan defaulters not withstandingVISA overstays are a favored antic of jihadis. McFarland correctly observes that the political posturing about immigration is setting us up for future disasters.
Question number three is especially disconcertingare these guys on the no fly list or not? Or is the administration planning to continue to rely on that cant-miss strategy of hoping the bombs dont explode?
Who would have guessed that seventeen Afghans trained by the U.S. and given high level security clearances would be this agitated over ObamaCare? Or, as McFarland muses, maybe theyre overwrought about their mortgages.
“Excellent points all. It is far too easy to disappear once youre in Americastudent loan defaulters not withstanding”
student loan defaulters will be tracked down no matter where they are....
Obama just sees them as illegal-immigrants. No problem in his mind. It is states like Arizona who are trying to enforce immigration laws that are the problem. That is where the Justice Departments forces are spending their time.
The writer needs to learn the other base in question is MacDill, not Madill.
And, it will be very easy for them to hide out in plain sight:
Sanctuary Cities in Texas:
# Austin, TX (
# Baytown, TX
# Brownsville, TX
# Channelview, TX
# Denton, TX
# Dallas, TX
# El Cenizo, TX
# Ft.Worth, TX
# Houston, TX
# Katy, TX
# Laredo, TX
# Mcallen, TX
# Port Arthur, TX
They came unraveled in the wash.
I wonder if a couple more of them were picked up at Lakehurst today?
I’ve always wondered why those guys aren’t working for the CIA.
“Ive always wondered why those guys arent working for the CIA.”
Heh heh...our worries would be OVER if they were...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.