Skip to comments.JournoList: 75 Names Confirmed (with news organizations)
Posted on 07/23/2010 1:07:17 PM PDT by BuckeyeTexan
The following 75 names are confirmed members of the now-defunct JournoList listserv.
1. Ezra Klein - Washington Post, Newsweek, The American Prospect
2. Dave Weigel - Washington Post, MSNBC, The Washington Independent
3. Matthew Yglesias Center for American Progress, The Atlantic Monthly
4. David Dayen - FireDogLake
5. Spencer Ackerman Wired, FireDogLake, Washington Independent, Talking Points Memo, The American Prospect
6. Jeffrey Toobin CNN, The New Yorker
7. Eric Alterman The Nation, Media Matters for America
8. Paul Krugman The New York Times, Princeton University
9. John Judis The New Republic, The American Prospect
10. Eve Fairbanks The New Republic
11. Mike Allen - POLITICO
12. Ben Smith - POLITICO
13. Lisa Lerer - POLITICO
14. Joe Klein - TIME
15. Brad DeLong The Economists Voice, University of California at Berkley
16. Chris Hayes The Nation
17. Matt Duss Center for American Progress
18. Jonathan Chait The New Republic
19. Jesse Singal The Boston Globe, Washington Monthly
20. Michael Cohen New America Foundation
21. Isaac Chotiner The New Republic
22. Katha Pollitt The Nation
23. Alyssa Rosenberg Washingtonian, The Atlantic, Government Executive
24. Rick Perlstein Author, Campaign for Americas Future
25. Alex Rossmiller National Security Network
26. Ed Kilgore Democratic Stategist
27. Walter Shapiro PoliticsDaily.com
28. Noam Scheiber The New Republic
29. Michael Tomasky The Guardian
30. Rich Yeselson Change to Win
31. Tim Fernholz American Prospect
32. Dana Goldstein The Daily Beast
33. Jonathan Cohn The New Republic
34. Scott Winship Pew Economic Mobility Project
35. David Roberts - Grist
36. Luke Mitchell Harpers Magazine
37. John Blevins South Texas College of Law
38. Moira Whelan National Security Network
39. Henry Farrell George Washington University
40. Josh Bearman LA Weekly
41. Alec McGillis Washington Post
42. Greg Anrig The Century Foundation
43. Adele Stan The Media Consortium
44. Steven Teles Yale University
45. Harold Pollack University of Chicago
46. Adam Serwer American Prospect
47. Ryan Donmoyer - Bloomberg
48. Seth Michaels MyDD.com
49. Kate Steadman Kaiser Health News
50. Michael Scherer - TIME
51. Laura Rozen Politico, Mother Jones
52. Jesse Taylor Pandagon.net
53. Michael Hirsh - Newsweek
54. Daniel Davies The Guardian
55. Jonathan Zasloff UCLA
56. Richard Kim The Nation
57. Thomas Schaller Baltimore Sun
58. Jared Bernstein Economic Policy Institute
59. Holly Yeager Columbia Journalism Review
60. Joe Conason The New York Observer
61. David Greenberg - Slate
62. Todd Gitlin Columbia University
63. Mark Schmitt American Prospect
64. Kevin Drum Washington Monthly
65. Sarah Spitz NPR
66. Jonathan Stein Mother Jones
67. Daniel Levy Century Foundation
68. Ben Adler Newsweek, POLITICO
69. Avi Zenilman POLITICO
70. Suzanne Nossel Human Rights Watch
71. Nick Baumann Mother Jones
72. Ryan Avent Economist
72. Greg Sargent Washington Post
73. Gautham Nagesh The Hill, Daily Caller
74. Foster Kamer The Village Voice
75. David Corn Mother Jones
They are listed in the order in which I was able to confirm their participation through the following sources.
The Death of JournoList: Does Privacy End at the Edge of Your Thoughts?
JournoList: Inside the echo chamber
The Secret Liberal Journalist Cabal [Hot Air]
JournoList Revealed! Inside the Secret Liberal Media Email Cabal
Who Doesnt Love The JournoList?
On Journolist and Dave Weigel
The Inside Scoop on JournoList
Math Lesson For The JournOList: 60 More Than 50
Responding to John Hawkins
Obama wins! And Journolisters rejoice
A few excerpts from JournoList journalists
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright
When McCain picked Palin, liberal journalists coordinated the best line of attack
Tucker Carlson: We will not publish full J-List emails
You shall know them by their work
The Tucker Carlson Journolist-Disclosure Email Exchange
Confessions of a Journolister
Wow you beat me to it, I was just thinking the same thing. Do these people have Stockholm Syndrome?
Poor old republicans that send their children to college only to receive back idiots that hate their parents beliefs and way of life..
Republicans allowed this to happen.. when the feds took over the schools..
And they literally DID NOTHING about it.. to this day...
I know this because.. I'm not very smart.. I'm a republican..
Thank you, that was a lot of work!
Great list. Thanks. Ping.
There are some profoundly conservative Jewish news people out there too. Especially if you count the commentators like Dennis Praeger, Mark Levin, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, and Charles Krauthammer. Matter of fact, there is Phyllis Chesler, David Horowitz, Aaron Klein (Shmoozing with Terrorists), as well as those who report for the Israeli based "Arutz Sheva", the Jerusalem Post, The Jewish Press, and many who work for the JTA (Jewish Telegraphic Agency).
A minority to be sure, but it is not "all".
The Elite Left will be gored with their own arrogance.
At least he admits that attacking the person rather than their message and trying to figure out how to use a Downs Syndrome baby to make his mother look bad are “progressive ideas”.
Is there a possibility that JounOlist itself, was racist?
Not being anti semitic, but we need a whole lot more Christian reporters in the media. Seems the Jewish ones are unable to think independently or in an American fashion.
Well American Secular Jews, like the ones listed here have a mindset that being Liberal is protecting them from another Holocaust. Being played for chumps once again..you can even hear the same arguments Jews in Berlin made in 1933..”Oh why would he do that, he is such a nice man, they need us...”
Unless it happens to be convenient, advantageous or profitable, American Jews have less to do with Judaism than the Amish. They are LEFTISTS, first and always. Typically arrogant, self absorbed, self important leftists, imbued with the notion than some sort of innate superiority grants them the right to rule the rest of us. The holocaust has nothing whatever to do with their actions except as a convenient excuse.
purty good sized cabal.. and growing it seems..
I see it all the time in the articles I read. I pointed it out once and got called names (moron, bigot) by some of the folks on here.
Just pointing out the obvious...Keep an eye on who keeps hammering Sarah Palin.
And they are all kickbutt conservative Jews would that we had many more.
Journolist is meant to serve a very specific purpose thats actually related to my experience building this blog. The work of this site has always been to illuminate standard political reporting with expert policy commentary. In that, Ive been helped by the many experts who have adopted the medium as their own: Mark Thoma, Brad DeLong, Paul Krugman, Matthew Holt, Peter Orszag, Andrew Gelman, Larry Bartels, Dani Rodrik, John Sides, among others. As a journalist, its hard to always know who to call or which questions to ask. The joy of those blogs is that I dont have to guess what experts think is important: They simply explain what they think is important and I can use, or follow-up on, the information.Of the names mentioned above, only Paul Krugman and Brad DeLong are confirmed members of JournoList. The American Thinker indicates that Marc Ambinder admitted he was member of JournoList. I can find no such clear admission and the article doesn't provide a link to it.
Note number 75 = 75. David Corn Mother Jones
Ta-Nehisi Coates from The Atlantic admitted today that he was a member of JournoList. I suspect Oliver Willis was on the list, but I haven’t yet confirmed it.
So much for the “spin” (LIE) that they were only a gathering of “bloggers.”
Election ‘08 was handed to the Marxist by MSM, just like I and a whole lot of others have always claimed.
I took him to the woodshed for that posting first off..lol...BEFORE I saw this list.
David Corn has always been one of the most dishonest and nastiest around.