Skip to comments.What is OTSD
Posted on 08/25/2010 7:21:35 AM PDT by Newton
I believe there is a new anxiety disorder that many of us are experiencing now. It's Obama-Traumatic Stress Disorder - OTSD.
Obama-traumatic stress disorder is a type of anxiety disorder. It can occur after you've seen or experienced a traumatic event that involved the loss of a job, lowed standard of living, or just constant nonstop threat of government intrusion into your life as a direct result of the Obama regime's policies and actions. Symptoms
Symptoms of OTSD fall into three main categories:
1. Repeated "reliving" of the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity
* Flashback episodes, where the election seems to be happening again and again * Recurrent distressing memories of the election * Repeated dreams of the election * Physical reactions to hearing Obama talk (such as twitching, the desire to vomit, or throw an object at the television)
* Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you dont care about anything * Feelings of disbelief that "this is really happening" * Inability to forget or get over the trauma * Lack of interest in normal activities * Less expression of moods * Staying away from places and people that supported Obama * Sense of having no future
* Difficulty concentrating * Exaggerated response to things that startle you * Excess awareness (hypervigilance) * Irritability or outbursts of anger * Sleeping difficulties
You also might feel a sense of guilt about the event (including "voter remorse"), and the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:
* Agitation, or excitability * Dizziness * Fainting * Feeling your heart beat in your chest (palpitations) * Fever * Headache * Paleness
The best outcome, or prognosis, depends on how soon the socialists can be voted out of office and Obamacare ever other unconstitutional act can be repealed.
The best method of prevention is to fully vet and research a candidate before electing them into office. Elections do in fact, have consequences.
No. Sounds like something I would hear at the DU.
good point.... maybe we can make sure they feel like we have felt for the past 18 months!!!!
Yes. I have this disorder also. Every night, I wake up with awful nightmares and then get out of bed to check the internet for news. I am also having a hard time concentrating during the day. No appetite. Profound feelings of loss and sadness.
Exactly. I’m not going to give them the satisfaction.
Profound feelings of loss and sadness, that says it well.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.