Skip to comments.Socialist take over of psychiatry
Posted on 09/28/2010 10:57:26 AM PDT by mainestategop
I have been away for 3-4 months from my blog and I had a lot of articles I wanted to publish. For one, The anniversary of the Mutiny on the Bounty was around that time and a friend of mine who is a historical scholar was going to help write an interesting article about mutiny and include some facts about Captain William Bligh and the bounty crew that is not generally known. He would cut away some of the fiction and non fiction that sadly has seeped in thanks to popular fiction and Hollywood influence.
I was also going to discuss the so called theory about death panels and how sure enough, Obama care will be rationing medicine and denying life saving treatment to people who are perceived as being useless and a social burden. Also, I was going to show more articles about SSI scams against about the collapse of Social security and California liberals invading free states with their failed Marxist policies that ruined their home state.
However I felt compelled to bring up an issue I have been taken to task about which concerns psychiatry. In a lot of my articles I have written about abuses involving the mental health system. I have been accused of being a Scientologist even by those in conservative forums for my attacks against psychiatry.
Well let me be frank, I am not an opponent of psychiatry. I do not deny that mental illness exists, ETC I certainly am not a scientologist.
I am against psychiatrists making up disorders and diseases out of thin air without physical proof. At the APA for example they simply take a vote and boom! The illness exists.
I am against psychiatrists using traits and distinctions that have nothing to do with mental state and nothing to do with anything neurological. Some psychiatrists diagnose people as mentally defective simply because they were victims of persecution or because of religious or political beliefs.
With that in mind I want to point out that as I detest such diagnosing of mental illness on such absurd grounds, what is even more absurd is that such diagnosis OF a mental illness that freedoms and liberties guaranteed by the constitution should be suspended for such as person diagnosed.
It is the later that I and others who have been involved in the anti-psychiatry movement have been most concerned about. Those of you who have followed my blog for the past two plus years are aware of atrocities that have resulted from abuse at the hands of mental health officials. SSI scamming, guardian abuse being the worst of these atrocities. Not to mention defending abusive relatives.
With that in mind, these same individuals most of whom are perfectly healthy and productive members of society are persecuted by leftist doctors while those who are truly in need of treatment and intervention are ignored.
Just a few months ago I took a trip to Los Angeles, one of the homeless capitols of the country. (California in of itself is a homeless capitol. A testament to the welfare state and illegal immigration.) While there were plenty of people who were out on the streets because they were down on their luck, I noticed many of them were visibly demented and deranged. Downtown I saw homeless people who were talking to themselves and invisible people (in English AND Spanish.)
I noticed a man who had white and red make up with crosses on his face who was singing and shouting Christian hymns and oldies. He looked like a clown. I saw an old woman who was cursing on the side walk. In Hollywood, I saw crackheads and other insane people. I recalled an incident in Modesto where a woman who was living independently was declared bipolar, sterilized and had her assets confiscated not to mention similar cases. Surprisingly, these doctors left skid row and the Streets of LA Hollywood and elsewhere untouched.
Men and women who are a threat to themselves and others, who are clearly incapable of caring or feeding themselves, who are living on the streets are ignored. Elderly and ordinary citizens however are targets of communist minded psychiatrists who are after their assets and property isolating, medicated and robbing them then dumping them on the streets.
Psychiatry itself is not the problem. The problem is the socialist worldview that has crept into the practice for over a century; the abhorrence of property rights and the rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and in its place a collectivist dictatorship run either by a single tyrant or multiple tyrants elected or otherwise or a tyranny of 51% or more of people who are childish, selfish and naive. Here is were Rob Hubbard and the Scientology church fails in finding the errors of psychiatry. It is not psychiatry itself but socialism.
So... so summarize the APA’s current stands:
Men wanting to stick their pecker into another man... normal
Boys with lots of energy... abnormal
I thought that the queers had already taken psychiatry over, and proceeded to declare themselves not mentally ill.
DSM 3 look it up.
If there’s a point in there somewhere, it’s elusive.
The point is psychiatry in itself isnt the problem its that its been over run by socialist powermongers.
You need to get out more.
look at 38 and 39
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
I didn't see much compassionate interest in helping people with problems.
This is the most important article I have read on FR. He is absolutely right - they don’t care about the suffering of the lunatics loose in the street but they can’t wait to suck the pensions of the elderly who are ill.
Very appropriate to this thread, thanks for re-posting.
If you think that’s scary check out some of the articles on my blog about SSI. I knew a guy who is now homeless in California all because he was forced against his will to quit his job, empty his account and go on SSI. He only gets 500$ a month. Half of what he used to earn and he is now homeless.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.