Skip to comments.
Mark Ritchie File 3 Who Funds Minnesota's Radical Secretary of State? Socialists, Communists
New Zeal ^
| Trevor Loudon
Posted on 11/17/2010 8:06:33 PM PST by Nachum
Mark Ritchie File 2 here
You can tell a lot about a politician's true allegiances by identifying who funds him.
Minnesota Secretary of State Mark Ritchie poses as a moderate, but is in fact an hard core leftist, with ties to several socialist organizations.
This becomes important, because part of Ritchie's job is to oversee electoral recounts. In 2009 Ritchie gave a crucial Senate seat to leftist and former comedian Al Franken, though his Republican opponent was ahead on election night.
Soon Ritchie will oversee a recount that could put his long time colleague and fellow leftist Mark Dayton into the Minnesota Governor's mansion.
In the knife edge world of U.S. politics, every seat counts.
That is why the left, feeling cheated after George Bush won the 2004 presidential election (after controversial recounts in Florida) established the Secretary of State Project, to fund and elect leftist Secretaries of State. Mark Ritchie was one of the first to benefit from this initiative.
A look at Ritchie's funders lists for his 2006 and 2010 Secretary of State campaigns reveal a whole host of interesting names.
There are members of America's largest Marxist organization Democratic Socialists of America, founders of Ritchie's old socialist New Party and leading members of the Communist Party USA (not surprising given Ritchie's high level contacts with that group).
Others are affiliated to high level leftist think tanks and "non profits" such as the Center for American Progress, Institute for Policy Studies, Democracy Alliance and the Tides Center.
There are also several leaders of the anti Israel, socialist infiltrated organization, JStreet.
A couple of pro-Cuban activists appear on the list as does a former associate of the infamous Weathermen.
Others who wrote out checks to Mark Ritchie's campaign includes a former Vice President of the United States and the man who "broke the bank of England".
Several keen Barack Obama supporters also pop up,
Ritchie's 2006 funders list includes:
2010 added more interesting names to the list:
- Caron Atlas, Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- Barbara Baran A member of Democratic Socialists of America
- Harriet Barlow A founder of the New Party
- Jeff Blum A former Weathermen supporter and long time colleague of Heather Booth
- Heather Booth A "friend" of Democratic Socialists of America and a founder of the Alinskyite Midwest Academy, which has trained thousands of radical "community activists"
- Paul Booth A member of Democratic Socialists of America and leading labor unionist
- Cynthia Brown A VP for education policy at the Center for American Progress and a supporter of Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- Dan Cantor A co-founder of the New Party, now leader of New York's ACORN, and the socialist and communist dominated Working Families Party
- Dan Carol A member of the Tides Center board, also a founder of the socialist controlled Apollo Alliance
- Al Dwoskin, JStreet and Democracy Alliance board member
- Phyllis Eckhaus A Contributing Editor of Chicago based socialist journal In These Times, where she serves with former Weathermen terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn
- Allison Fine A Senior Fellow of New York based think tank Demos
- Ed Garvey New Party founder
- Neva Goodwin Currently working with Democratic Socialists of America member Thomas E. Weisskopf' on a textbook, Economics in Context, for use in the former Soviet Union
- Adam Hochschild A member of Democratic Socialists of America and an endorser of Progressives for Obama
- Michael Kieschnick From Working Assets, a credit card, Internet and broadcasting company that donates a portion of its revenues to "progressive" nonprofit groups. A close associate of Tides' Drummond Pike
- Sandra Levinson A former Black Panther Party supporter and veteran of more than 300 trips to Cuba
- Doris Marquit A veteran leader of the Minnesota Communist Party USA
- Erwin Marquit A veteran leader of the Minnesota Communist Party USA, wife of Doris Marquit
- Larry Ottinger A donor to the Oakland based, Cuban linked DataCenter, which was founded by former Weatherman supporter Jon Frappier
- Max Palevsky A former Institute for Policy Studies trustee, major funder of leftist causes and Progressives for Obama endorser
- Drummond Pike Founder and Chairman of the Tides Center, Democracy Alliance treasurer
- Johanna Plaut Board member of the Rosenberg Fund for Children, founded by the sons of convicted and executed Soviet atom bomb spy Julius Rosenberg
- James Rucker A former Director of MoveOn.org and a founder of the Soros funded Secreatary of State Project which backed Mark Ritchie
- Ellen Shaffer A veteran of the 1969 Venceremos Brigade to Cuba, Co-author of a 1994 book on socialized health care with several Democratic Socialists of America supporters including Barack Obama's personal physician, friend and mentor Quentin Young
- George Soros The man himself. A leading financial supporter of the US and international socialism
- Jonathan Tasini An associate of Democratic Socialists of America and an endorser of Progressives for Obama
- Jenny Warburg A New Party founder and donor to the DataCenter
Why would some of America's leading radicals write checks to support an obscure Secretary of State race in Minnesota?
Would they have supported someone who didn't think like them? Someone who wouldn't see politics the same way they do?
Many of the radicals who backed Mark Ritchie - the Communist Party USA , Democratic Socialists of America and George Soros, are using the Democratic Party as a front to take power in America.
These people want Democrats, preferably "progressive" Democrats to to win every possible race, at every level. A sympathetic Secretary of State can be very helpful to this agenda.
Would these radicals have financed Mark Ritchie if the couldn't trust him to give them what they want?
KEYWORDS: 3; file; mark; ritchie
Mark Ritchie File 3 Who Funds Minnesota's Radical Secretary of State? Socialists, Communists and George Soros
posted on 11/17/2010 8:06:43 PM PST
get a bunch of witnessses
posted on 11/17/2010 8:08:33 PM PST
Thanks for posting. More OUTSTANDING work by Trevor Loudon!
posted on 11/17/2010 8:26:25 PM PST
Part of the war the Republicans won’t recognize. They fight battles, the Left fights the war.
posted on 11/17/2010 10:00:24 PM PST
(No local Communist or Socialist Party Chapter? Join the Democrats, it's the same thing!)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson