Skip to comments.$1.65 TRILLION IN SPENDING THAT DOESN’T BENEFIT AMERICANS – AND WE CAN’T AFFORD IT!
Posted on 12/03/2010 5:25:48 PM PST by Whenifhow
Essential is defined as something that is necessary, indispensable or unavoidable. When money is tight and debt becomes unmanageable, families cut spending on non-essential items so that they dont end up on the street, right?
The President and Congress tell us their spending is essential and they have to impose the largest tax hike in history on businesses and individuals whose yearly gross income is $250K and above. They threaten that if they cant take more money from these hard working Americans, theyll need to cut teachers, firefighters, police, military and programs that Americans have already paid into and rely on like Social Security and Medicare.
Lets see what type of spending President Obama considers essential does it justify a huge tax increase on hard working Americans?
Below are 44 items totaling $1.65 Trillion that the President is planning to spend this fiscal year (FY2011). The question is whether or not you, a taxpayer, consider these items to be essential at a time when millions of Americans are unemployed, businesses are being forced to close their doors, and our economy is on the verge of collapse as our debt, and the cost to service that debt, is exploding.
Our government sends hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to other countries every year and weve been happy to help when were doing well at home. Do you consider these spending items to be essential?
* $1 billion to Mexico so that they can drill in the Gulf (while Obama caused 23,000 Americans to lose their jobs because of his ban on US drilling in the Gulf).
* $2 billion to Brazil for OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING!!!!
* $63 billion US Global Health Initiative.
* $30 billion of the $100 billion per year for UN Climate Change Policy; the UN admitted global warming is about wealth redistribution, not climate change policy.
* $430 billion from TARP that Timothy Geitner stated will be recovered by January 2011 (90% of $700 billion minus $200 billion already recovered) of which the Fed spent $350 billion in taxpayer funds to save 35 foreign banks.
* $1.9 billion International Agriculture Programs.
* $54.1 billion USAID to other countries for FY 2011 President Obama already sent $173.5 billion for international/foreign assistance ($90.6 billion in 2010 a 60% increase compared to FY2008; $82.9 billion in 2009 a 47% increase compared to FY2008).
* $8 billion US pays to IMF for Greece Bailout.
* $147.3 million US pays Brazil each year in cotton subsidies to keep its mouth shut.
* $665.7 million International Family Planning & Reproductive Health Programs.
* $5.96 million U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2010 Awards (i.e. mosque restoration overseas). NOTE: Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for inherently religious activities.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a FY2011 budget of $43.6 billion.
* $18.6 billion of the DHSs $43.6 billion FY2011 budget (defund the duplicate organizations DHS created).
* $4.1 billion Half of the TSA budget, which includes a FY2011 $508.7 million increase. Its time to cut TSAs $8.2 billion budget in half and the remaining $4.1 billion needs to be used for private companies who can fulfill the needs of airport security in a professional manner that does not violate the 4th Amendment (Video: TSA Terrorize A 4 Year Old Disabled Boy )
* $734 million FY2011 for DHS to purchase another 1,000 scanners.
* $200 million FY2011 for DHS to pay state and local costs of securing terrorism-related trials; a 10 percent increase. We now have military tribunals which make this spending unnecessary.
Government employees, organizations and programs are paid with taxpayer dollars. The more politicians grow government, the more they must take from American citizens and businesses.
* $228 billion from TARP that Timothy Geitner said has been returned ($200 billion plus $28 billion in profits).
* $236.1 billion from Stimulus that the Obama administration claims will not be spent until 2011.
* $5.468 billion Civilian R&D $61.6 billion, which includes an increase of $3.7 billion for FY2011; eliminate the $3.7 billion increase and cut another $1.77 billion from the $61.6 billion, leaving $59.83 billion to spend.
* $2.2 billion Pay Raises (a 1.4% increase for FY2011 for 2 million Fed employees).
* $44 billion This represents a 28% Pay Decrease for Fed employees (Fed pay increased 36.9% since 2000 while private workers pay increased only 8.8%. Its time to be fair and equal, right?)
* $148 billion loaned to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac these are government operated organizations that are taking control of 90%+ of U.S. home mortgages, and these are the organizations who contributed to the housing meltdown.
* $1.416 billion Serve America Act FY2011 to recruit our children at school and force them into volunteerism (i.e. recruit and train community agitators).
* $1 billion Dead people to whom our Federal government sends our money.
* $1.4 billion FDA to take over our food supply and hire 17,000 more taxpayer-funded government employees.
* $400 million Michelle Obamas Food Deserts to open government food stores that are closer to urban areas to save residents the 5 extra minutes of driving time that it takes to get to their existing, privately owned store.
These are just a few of President Obamas NLC spending priorities for FY2011.
$23.58 billion as follows from the Presidents 2011 Budget includes NLC priorities:
* $10.00 billion EPA; theyve failed for decades to do the 1 task assigned US Energy Independence.
* $1.18 billion Workforce Development (i.e. special interest slush fund).
* $3.50 billion Education increase in discretionary funding (i.e. slush fund).
* $4.00 billion Community Development Block Grant (i.e. slush fund).
* $4.90 billion HUD budget increase for 2011 (i.e. growth of an incompetent government organization).
* $80 billion to Apollo Alliance (socialist/communist George Soros group) to expand community agitation; see this video too.
* $422 million Funding for Public Broadcasting/NPR a private company that doesnt need taxpayer funds.
* $161 million NEH anti-American group which targets our military.
A few spending items planned for FY2011 while our healthcare premiums rise, SEIU halts coverage for over 30,000 children of low-income families, AARP says Obamacare is too expense for them and more than 111 companies that supported Obamacare who have now been given waivers because they say they cant afford it.
* $51 billion Obamacare increase planned for HHS for FY2011, plus $21.066 billion for FY2011 Recovery Act Budget Authorization as shown in the HHS document on pages 3 and 4.
* $5 billion Pre-existing condition coverage. Oops, they found that there are only 8,011 people in entire nation who dont have this coverage, so the $5 billion would become a government slush fund.
* $17 million Obamacare Section 203 for civilian Ready Reserve Corps.
* $657 million Planned Parenthood.
Between MITs research which proves the global-alarmists science is false, the ClimateGate scandal revealing their lies and the recent admission by the UN that its all about wealth redistribution, would you consider these and many other spending items to be essential?
* $1.741 billion INCREASE for critical efficiency and renewables programs this is just the amount of increase to their existing budget.
* $2.4 billion clean tech for energy efficiency and renewable energy programs, a $2.287 billion increase from $113 million in the previous budget [ID:nN01180827].
* $6 billion clean energy technologies.
* $535 million Global warming money for a politically-connected private company, Solyndra, to lay off workers and build a new plant (see video here).
* $611.4 million Bureau of Labor Statistics to gather data on green jobs.
* $123 million DoEs wind program, a $43 million increase over current spending.
* $300 million the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy, or ARPA-E.
These are a couple of the increases to current budgets. Although our government continues to increase spending, the quality of education for our children continues to decline. At this time, would you consider increases and additional spending to be essential?
* $17 billion INCREASE in Pell Grant funding from 2010s $18 billion budget the added $17 billion makes the FY2011 budget $35 billion.
* $1.35 billion Race to the Top challenge.
* $155 billion in YouCut legislation introduced by Republicans wasteful government spending that Americans voted to cut.
Stop Spending Our Future The Crisis
Is Washington Bankrupting America?
Stop Spending Our Future - The Crisis
does the above include the money federal reserve printed for overseas banks to bail them out?
“does the above include the money federal reserve printed for overseas banks to bail them out?”
The overseas banks - is described in the Overseas section ($350 billion)... as part of the TARP. The way I read it, they took it from the TARP money.
Great information despite the fact it makes me mad as hell.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.