Skip to comments.Why the poll showing military support for ending “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” is bogus
Posted on 12/08/2010 5:36:56 AM PST by jmaroneps37
The recent report from the Pentagon heralding a change in the views of our military personnel toward ending the Dont Ask, Dont Tell (DADT) policy is bogus.
It was constructed using junk research methods and would be laughable if it were not for the seriousness of the damage ending DADT will do to the cohesiveness of our fighting forces.
Now that Obama has capitulated on his promise to end the Bush era tax cuts, ending DADT and passing the Dream Act are the hills he has been forced to fight and maybe politically die on. This explains why this survey has been cooked but doesnt make it easier to accept. Here are the problems with the Comprehensive Review Working Groups (CRWG) report.
While the questionnaire CRWG used never actually asked if respondents favored repeal of DADT, it presumes to know the answer. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates confidently opined, a strong majority two-thirds, do not object to gays and lesbians serving openly in uniform.
The report asked whether the presence of homosexuals in a unit would affect its ability to get the job done. The report offered the fact that 70% answered to the affirmative. This answer can very defensibly be construed to mean a substantial 30% foresee problems ... end of DADT.
"...400,000 active and reserve military personnel surveyed via E-mail, just 28% responded. This universe would be scarcely acceptable if there were only 400,000 personnel in our armed forces, but it is dubious given the fact that we have 2.2 million people in uniform. Based on the actual number the response was just 5%.
The report includes no explanation of how the selected respondents were chosen or any defense of the sample as being a true random sample.
(Excerpt) Read more at coachisright.com ...
If 60% of women are OK with men secretly video taping them in the shower, should the other 40% be forced to accept it? The most bogus part of the poll is the notion that this is a consensus issue to begin with.
The issue is simply this, should any individual be forced to disrobe in front of someone who is sexually attracted to their gender? It can’t be OK for some and not OK for others.
This is also the crux of most ‘homophobe’ claims. A homosexual man isn’t allowed to take teenage boys into the woods for the night for the same exact reasons that heterosexual men aren’t allowed to take teenage girls into the woods for the night. The discrimination that homosexuals claim is in fact equal treatment.
I still think that the ‘RAT idea of turning the military into a jobs program for homosexuals and illegal aliens is a terrible idea. The commie ‘RATS just won’t be satisfied until they destroy the finest military in the world.
Just why any clear, correct-thinking individual would believe that the PC crowd and LIB crowd would manipulate the poll and the data is beyond me. We don’t need such cynicism and sarcasm in this society...do we?
Some of the same people who tout this poll respond to criticism of it by saying we shouldn’t base policy on polls in any event. But they can’t have it both ways. No pun intended.
Thanks for the post/commentary and link to McGinnis’ OUTSTANDING 10-point article. When amplifying BS the propagandists never speak about what is not seen.
If this “survey” was skewed to reflect what the Bamster wants to do to our troops and the country, how can the military leaders - Mullen, Roughead, Gates - look at themselves in the mirror every morning, knowing that they are crippling and emasculating the force they have sworn to uphold?
I mean, are they going to stand by proudly when, at a change of command, Adam gives his “wife”, Steve, a kissy after the ceremony - which they would have every “right” to do so.
I weep for the future of our military and our country...
Of course it's bogus...Stephie Wonder could see that. The vote-whores skew everything to suit the outcome they want. Bastards!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.