Skip to comments.Old Antiquated Constitution is just too hard for Progressive Liberals to Understand
Posted on 12/31/2010 7:47:22 AM PST by Alaphiah123
click here to read article
Communist goal number 29 as read on the house floor in 1963.
“29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.”
I have a set of history books written by 19th Century historian Charles C. Coffin. They were written for elementary school children, as he addresses his readers as “boys and girls”.
The writing style, the syntax, and the vocabulary would present a challenge to most of the college educated people I know. Even I had to acclimate myself to the dense prose and rich literary textures.
The Constitution was brief, because, by my reckoning, most people had a richer, broader language and a deeper understanding of words, thus fewer words were necessary to convey precise meaning.
To the average Leftist, even Marx or Darwin would be too dense a read, and I regard both as simpletons when compared to other authors and thinkers in their day.
This is exactly what is going on!
Yes West, America has been dumbed down by Liberals, me thinks
Its because we allowed men like William Ayers to slink away into the shadows when they should have been crushed, imprisoned, or allowed to flee the country in fear for their lives.
In addition to a public reading of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, it might also be instructive to the American people to have a public reading of the Communist Manifesto’s ten principles in order to see how closely they align with the positions of the American democrat party.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
Along with the communist goals.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
The communist manifesto was written over 150 years ago, in 1848. But I bet this POS journalist knows it by heart. Or whatever black organ resides in his chest.
Oh they understand it very well. But it interferes with their agenda.
Bingo. That says it all. End of story. Period. These people are nothing but the same old communists
That pesky Constitution just keeps getting in the way of the Brave New World.
LOL. That's a good one.
Ah the father of the JournoList. Is he admitting that he’s as stupid as we know he is?
HR Herlong read that on the floor of the house in 1963 as a means of exposing the left as the source of the strife that was going on at the time.
It needs a reading again and I suspect there would be a great many official objections from democrat representatives.
...and the recent Health Care bill was so easy.
Liberals do suffer from mental illness and there is even a book out on that. Ill just say in this case the illness displaying itself as premeditated ignorance and practiced irrationality.
Alexander Hamilton explained how to read the Constitution in the Federalist Papers. The essence of our Constitution embodies positively allowed actions. Intentionally, the multitude of actions not allowed by each government branch remains unexpressed. Therefore, Hamilton in Federalist Paper 78 uses the term manifest tenor meaning clearly visible direction of thought, and in Federalist Paper 81 rejects a popularly acclaimed spirit when explaining judgment. With his guidance it is not that difficult to figure out.
What a dork, and I usually don’t attack a person’s appearance unless, of course, that person is Michelle Obama.
He looks like Pinky Lee.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.