Skip to comments.Top 10 Obama Leisure Activities
Posted on 03/19/2011 1:24:03 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Amid Americas economic doldrums and as world events careen out of control, President Obama will not let a crisis deter him from unwinding. This same President, advising the American people how to deal with the financial crisis, once said, If youre a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, you might put off a vacation. Here are the Top 10 Obama Leisure Activities:
1. Golf: A lot of Americans wish they had the time, let alone the money, to hit the golf links twice a month. The day after the Japan earthquake and tsunami, Obama played his 61st round of golf, fewer than 26 months into his presidency.
2. Foreign travel: All modern Presidents have taken foreign trips, but President Obama knows how to combine pleasure with business, often picking hot vacation spots such as this weekend's trip (with his family) to Rio, where sightseeing will be mixed with meetings. And Michelle Obamas extravagant summer trip to Spain with an entourage of friends and security (but not her husband) during the depths of Americas economic woes invited comparisons to Marie Antoinette.
3. Vacations: The Obama clan likes to spend time on tony Marthas Vineyard in August and go to Hawaii for a lengthy family visit around the Christmas holiday. Theyve taken a long weekend in Chicago. And a trip out West to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. And time at a beach in Florida. Plus several jaunts to New York for high-society events. In fact, he has taken nearly a dozen vacations since becoming President.
4. Dining out: Whether dining high-on-the-hog or slumming it at Bens Chili Bowl, this is a President that likes to eat. After all, his culinary exploits once inspired this headline on a blog following the first family during a Marthas Vineyard vacation: "Obamas Depleting U.S. Lobster Supplly."
5. Playing basketball: At times it seems that Obama would rather be an NBA star than President. He has a regular pickup basketball game with friends, and even played some hoops last summer with NBA stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. But his passion comes with some danger: Last year an opponents elbow cut the first lip, requiring 12 stitches.
6. White House concerts: Nothing like inviting famous singers and musicians to your house for a little concert. The first couple has been serenaded at the White House by the likes of Paul McCartney, Joan Baez, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Bob Dylan during performances honoring Motown, Broadway, and "Music that tells the story of America," including Songs of the Civil Rights Movement."
7. White House theater: The Obamas have been getting good use of the White House theater in recent months, having guests over for a Super Bowl party, movie screenings, and sporting events. During a screening of Thurgood, an HBO film about Thurgood Marshall, he shared popcorn with Al Sharpton, and for a Chicago Bulls-Charlotte Bobcats game he invited Illinois and North Carolina lawmakers over for Chicago-style hot dogs and pulled pork, with Dove bars for dessert.
8. Sporting events: Obama likes to take in a ball game from time to time. He often snarls Washington traffic while attending basketball games at the Verizon Center or baseball at Nationals Park. Once, when attending a Georgetown-Duke basketball game, he was interviewed at courtside and briefly called the game for the TV audience. "After retirement, I'm coming after your job," he told CBS announcer Clark Kellogg.
9. Youth sports: During a crisis, Obama can act decisively and selflessly. He stepped in when his daughters basketball coach couldnt make it to a game and coached the team himself, even though his daughter Sasha was on a ski trip to Vail, Colo., with her mother.
10. NCAA brackets: As Japans nuclear crisis neared a meltdown and Libyan rebels were being routed, Obama found time to videotape his NCAA basketball tournament picks for ESPN to air later in the week. To his credit, the President did pause long enough to urge Americans to think of Japan while filling out their basketball brackets.
Look, Barry. I know you love basketball and all that, but you have more pressing matters to attend to than making NCAA picks.
Also I have to ask if you’re going to Brazil on official business or just to work on your tan at Copacabana Beach.
All the classic symptoms of trash that hit the lottery.
Probably looking out for the kickbacks from the money he sent Petrobras.
We still get two more wonderful years of 'the recovery.'
Barry must be thrilled. Time for some hoops. Time for some ice cream. Time for a swim. Up yours America.
There's so much to hammer on here with this administration.
Time to step up Republicans!
This thread needs the bracket graphic.
I believe the TOP leisure time activity for nobama is Attempting to Destroy Free America.
nobama hates you, hates your children, hates Americans, hates Free America and hates the Constitution. nobama is a hate crime aginst America.
President party animal.
(1) On March 18, 2011 Rachel Rose Hartman of Yahoo! News reported: "The Barack H. Obama Elementary School in Asbury Park, NJ will be shuttered this summer, largely due to low enrollment."
(2) This means B-i-g trouble for Obama.
Obama invokes religious themes as 2012 campaign nears
washington examiner | 2/05 | julie mason
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2011 by RummyChick
"When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to give me the strength to do right by our country and its people," Obama said. "And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to forgive me my sins, and look after my family and the American people, and make me an instrument of His will." Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/white-house/2011/02/obama-invokes-religious-themes-2012-campaign-nears#ixzz1DEJ DFIhg
LAST YEAR'S OFFICIAL DNC POSTER
THIS YEAR'S OFFICIAL DNC POSTER
"Voters, Obama is baptized in the fire of faith."
"Obama's been saved. Thank you, Jesus."
"Voters, let's hear an Alleluia and an Amen."
(3) THIS SAYS A LOT Obama's recent Boston fundraiser started out as a $5,000 a plate then dropped to $500 a plate ... but he still could not fill the roomended up talking to a little over 100 people. Ohaha's between a rock and a hard place. In a word----l-o-s-e-r.
(4) Wisconsin (with other states following) has got the Dems scared big time. A key provision of Walker's WI law is not just to eviscerate unions' bargaining power but ALSO the state's obligation to collect union dues out of employee's paychecks---(most of which goes to Dem campaigns).
(5) The libs are paranoid that Obama did not join them in WI as he promised he would during the campaign. He couldn't go----B/C he couldn't appear to side with violent union workers intent on keeping collective bargaining "rights" ...rights Ohaha's army of federal employees do not have.
LOL how true when his term is up he plans to sell bottles of Ghetto-B-Gone.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.