Skip to comments.Around the World in 80 Lines - Or Less for April 29th, 2011
Posted on 04/30/2011 3:45:12 AM PDT by deaconjim
The Amish Mafia
Were lucky that the federal government has recently cracked down on the selling of contraband in the US. The Washington Times reports that a year-long sting operation conducted by federal agents has resulted in the bust of an illegal operation in Pennsylvania. The Amish-run Rainbow Acres Farm was selling non-pasteurized milk to consumers who knew the milk was non-pasteurized. The consumers of the illegal milk prefer the taste and say that pasteurization kills good as well as bad bacteria. There have been no complaints or charges filed against the dairy farm previously.
According to Tamara N. Ward, spokesperson for the US Food and Drug Administration, It is the FDAs position that raw milk should never be consumed. We cant seem to protect voters from intimidation at the polls by the New Black Panther Party, write oil-drilling permits that can be acted upon, or protect our borders from illegal aliens by we can sure shut-down the Amish Mafia with their natural milk.
Exciting Events in London
Many of us were excited today about the Royal Wedding in London, where Prince William wed Kate Middleton. Were thrilled, thrilled that it is over. Best wishes to the newly wed Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, but well be very happy to see them exit the news channels to be replaced by real news.
(Excerpt) Read more at thekencarroll.blogspot.com ...
Kinda makes you wonder what the big Amish Bust cost us .
"After all, the human race almost died out before the existence of the FDA's ban on the consumption of raw milk."
I have Old Order Mennonite friends in PA who are very like the Amish. I recently heard that many of them are shutting down their roadside vegetable and bake goods stands due to new laws that make it prohibitive to them to continue. For example, they were all told at a local meeting that if they are selling vegetables, then they cannot sell any produce from fields where , and I am not kidding, someone has passed gas while picking. Because these people are usually completely honest, they would not feel right unless all laws are followed- and how do you, I was told, know or prevent some 12 year old boy from occasionally passing wind while he is helping in the fields? Of course there are other constricting rules, all intrusive and expensive, which which makes selling that green squash more trouble than it is worth. My guess is that the laws may eventually be rescinded since a large part of the area’s revenue comes from tourism, and tourists enjoy seeing and buying from roadside stands.
I wonder if they can provide the source of the constitutional authority for them to tell us what we may or may not consume?
It is vitally important for the government to control your food sources.
The big mistake the dairy made was not hiring illegal aliens. If they did, the Feds wouldn’t have been able to find the place with a GPS.
No. I believe that they cannot.
I can just see a bunch of bureaucratic nerdy lab techs, all dressed in SWAT gear, sitting in an black panel van waiting for their big moment. They probably have been practicing their "hut, hut, hut" for days.
Such bravado is necessary when assaulting avowed pacifists.
Meanwhile, Islamic terrorist training camps are operating around the U.S., while children in summer camp in New York State may lose the right to play Wiffle ball.
Welcome to the wide world of the Food Safety Act. Thank all the skank RINO’s who voted for it. Now the FDA can come on your property unannounced and take what they want and tell you what you can have and not have. Better still the new law says you have no right of judicial review which means you can’t go to court and sue for redress. Welcome to the USSA.
“Welcome to the wide world of the Food Safety Act. Thank all the skank RINOs who voted for it.”
Do you have a link to the text of this law? Thanks.
Here is what I have. You can also Google S.510 Food Safety and Modernization Act.
S 510 is hissing in the grass
Posted on April 24, 2010
by geobear7| 415 Comments
Jan. 5, 2011 UPDATE: Obama signed the Food Safety Modernization Act.
By Steve Green
S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act*, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.
If accepted [S 510] would preclude the publics right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of ones choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God. ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower
It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.
Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsantos Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create without judicial review if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.
In the 1990s, Bill Clinton introduced HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points) purportedly to deal with contamination in the meat industry. Clintons HACCP delighted the offending corporate (World Trade Organization WTO) meat packers since it allowed them to inspect themselves, eliminated thousands of local food processors (with no history of contamination), and centralized meat into their control. Monsanto promoted HACCP.
In 2008, Hillary Clinton urged a powerful centralized food safety agency as part of her campaign for president. Her advisor was Mark Penn, CEO of Burson Marsteller, a giant PR firm representing Monsanto. Clinton lost, but Clinton friends such as Rosa DeLauro, whose husbands firm lists Monsanto as a progressive client and globalization as an area of expertise, introduced early versions of S 510.
S 510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into the United States. Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, entry of food into the US covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and entering into it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed the Five Pillars of Food Safety are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.
For further information, watch these videos:
Food Laws Forcing people to globalize
State Imposed Violence
to snatch resources of ordinary people
Oak snake image at Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, Florida
Ed. Note: Also see this piece by lawyers: Food Safety: The Worst of Both Bills (HR 2749 and S 510).
* Managers Amendment, August 2010 version, prepared by
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.