Skip to comments.LulzSec Exposed
Posted on 06/26/2011 8:48:13 AM PDT by Bad~Rodeo
Shouts - Jester, Awinee, FakeGreggHoush, Black Kidder, Asherah, DustLava and many others.
It's been a week we have started our blog and we have accomplished so many things, Let's list few of them
- A week back, only few of us like Ninjas, Jester, Awinee and few others in close circle knew who were Lulzsec but now whole world knows who are the leaders and members of this group.
- We have provided enough evidence to prove that LulzSec were Anonymous
- We have published the chat logs of LulzSec so that Security Analysts, Investigative reporters and other Enthusiasts can work on the logs and confirm for themselves. We are 99% sure that our dox are correct but still there would be 1% error in anything.
- We made LulzSec accept that the logs are real and not fake or disinformation campaign as many thought earlier.
- Media guys can now reach out to the top members of LulzSec (For e.g Wired)
- We neither wanted fame nor publicity, then why did we publish their dox and chat logs inspite of sending info to security agencies? - We did this to humiliate them in the same way they did with hack victims.
This is HUGE! Thanks for posting
Can someone translate from GEEK to English?
The bad guys thought they could do bad things with impunity under the guise of anonymity. They were exposed by these guys.
Once your Dox is out the FBI cannot be too far behind (especially for those in the US). It is interesting how it took another loosely associated hacker group to go after Lulzsec. The only problem is this ...the next iteration of Lulzsec will be extremely good when it comes to maintaining operational security, and taking them out will be hard. I think these guys were very good hackers that owned various powerful botnets (although having a botnet is no longer that special ...one can even rent them easily if you know where to look), but the next iteration will be people who have learned from the dox dissemination of Lulzsec, and will consequently be operating under several layers of obfuscation that would do a holiwood film proud. It’s already proven that the best institutional defenses (be they corporate or Fed) cannot stop the better hackers and ciders, and only whitehat hackers could affect the current Lulzsec or Anonymous. The next generation will be better. Whether one calls them cyber activism, cyber warfare, or cyber terrorism, it is about to get quite big. Two things - you ain’t seen nothing yet, and as we go into cloud computing .....like manna from heaven for White and dark practioners.
Holiwood = hollywood
Lulzsec was probably a govt op to give Obama justification to take over the internet. He already wants an internet ID and a “killswitch”. I’m sure both parties will assist him in making the internet safe for all.
If found guilty execute them.
They have given excuse for increased net regulation.
The best defenses are not found on some random gov websites or corporate sites that were cracked. If lulzsec or anyone else is dumb enough to go after the sites that really matter they’d find it much more difficult and be in jeopardy for their very lives.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.