Posted By: JanL
Date: Monday, 20-Jun-2005 16:17:31
[Here is more showing how Bishop Tutu has been running around the world, much more recently, in 2002, comparing Apartheid to the NAZI death camps. This is such a disgusting, bald-faced lie... that it leaves me almost speechless. Firstly, Tutu is literally making fun of the millions of Jews Hitler killed... and Secondly, he is pretending that Apartheid was something it never was.
Again, I refer to the article in my archive: "Did Apartheid kill Millions?" - which addresses bald-faced lies like this. The following article expresses the outrage of American Jews. Too bad we Whites aren't this vocal in defending our history and our past. The lies about Apartheid are beign accepted as fact - and its complete rubbish. Jan]
NEW YORK - The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) is urging Jewish allies of South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu to publicly protest Tutu's latest anti-Jewish and anti-Israel slurs.
The Israeli daily Ha'aretz (April 29, 2002), reporting Tutu's remarks at a recent conference in Boston, quoted him as saying:
* "Israel is like Hitler and apartheid": "I've been deeply distressed in my visit to the Holy Land; it reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa ... I have seen the humiliation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about
.. "I say why are our memories so short? Have our Jewish sisters and brothers forgotten their humiliation? Have they forgotten the collective punishment, the home demolitions, in their own history so soon? ... The apartheid government was very powerful, but today it no longer exists.
Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Pinochet, Milosevic, and Idi Amin were all powerful, but in the end they bit the dust. Injustice and oppression will never prevail."
* "The Jewish lobby is very powerful": "People are scared in this country [the U.S.], to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful--very powerful."
* "Critics of Israel are being smeared": "You know as well as I do that, somehow, the Israeli government is placed on a pedestal [in the U.S.] and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic, as if Palestinians were not Semitic."
Morton A. Klein, National President of the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), said: "As a child of Holocaust survivors, I am deeply offended by Archbishop Tutu's vicious libel that Israel is comparable to Hitler. He should be speaking out against Yasir Arafat, who has murdered more Jews than anyone since Hitler; who has fostered a culture of anti-Jewish hatred in his schools, speeches, summer camps, religious sermons, and media--media that have been described as 'neo-Nazi' by the leading Reform rabbi in the United States, Eric Yoffee, and as 'worse than the Nazis' propaganda' by Israeli government spokesman Ranaan Gissin. Archbishop Tutu has remained silent as leading sheikhs, his religious counterparts in the Islam world, have openly called for the murder of Jews.
ZOA president Klein urged all Jewish leaders and organizations that supported Archbishop Tutu's fight against apartheid to speak out publicly against Tutu's anti-Jewish and anti-Israel slurs.
The ZOA points out that Tutu's latest anti-Jewish and anti-Israel outburst is consistent with his other comments about Jews and Israel over the years, including:
* Tutu accused Jews of exhibiting "an arrogance--the arrogance of power because Jews are a powerful lobby in this land and all kinds of people woo their support." (Jewish Telegraphic Agency Daily News Bulletin, Nov. 29, 1984)
* Tutu complained about "the Jewish monopoly of the Holocaust." (Jerusalem Post, July 26, 1985)
* During his 1989 visit to Israel, Tutu "urged Israelis to forgive the Nazis for the Holocaust" (Jerusalem Post, Dec. 31, 1989), a statement which the Simon Wiesenthal Center called "a gratuitous insult to Jews and victims of Nazism everywhere." During the visit, Tutu remarked: "If I'm accused of being antisemitic, tough luck," and in response to questions about his anti-Jewish bias, Tutu replied, "My dentist's name is Dr. Cohen." (Simon Wiesenthal Center's Response, January 1990)
* Tutu has claimed that Zionism has "very many parallels with racism." (American Jewish Year Book 1988, p.50)
* Speaking in a Connecticut church in 1984, Tutu said that "the Jews thought they had a monopoly on God; Jesus was angry that they could shut out other human beings." In the same speech, he compared the features of the ancient Holy Temple in Jerusalem to the features of the apartheid system in South Africa. (Hartford Courant, Oct. 29, 1984)
* In conversations during the 1980s with the Israeli ambassador to South Africa, Eliahu Lankin, Tutu "refused to call Israel by its
name, he kept referring to it as Palestine." (Simon Wiesenthal Center's Response, January 1990)
* Asked about the Zionism-is-racism resolution, Tutu complained that "the Jewish people with their traditions, religion and long history of persecution sometimes appear to have caused a refugee problem among others." (South African Zionist Record, July 26, 1985)
Racist Jimmy Carter
An Open Letter to Jimmy Carter Dec 20, 2006 We have read your letter to American Jews. As much as the tone of this letter is different from that of your book, http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/4947_62.htm
Anti-Semitic Reactions to Jimmy Carter's Book: White Supremacists Jan 12, 2007 Many scholars and experts on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict have strongly criticized Jimmy Carter's book, "Palestine Peace Not Apartheid," ... http://www.adl.org/main_Anti_Semitism_Domestic/carter_reactions_ws.htm
Jimmy Carter: So What's New? May 1, 2008 From time to time, someone will ask me: what happened to Jimmy Carter? The questioner is usually someone who thought highly of the former ... http://www.adl.org/ADL_Opinions/Israel/20080430-Op-ed.htm
Jimmy Carter's "Palestine Peace Not Apartheid" reviewed Nov 13, 2006 Jimmy Carter Book - Palestine Peace Not Apartheid - reviewed. Shockingly, Carter largely only see Israel as the party responsible for ... www.adl.org/israel/carter_book_review.asp
Jimmy Carter: Have You No Shame? Oct 28, 2010 It was only nine months ago that former President Jimmy Carter issued an open letter to the American Jewish community asking for forgiveness ... http://www.adl.org/ADL_Opinions/Israel/20101028-Huffington+Post+op-ed.htm
Jimmy Carter's book. Get the Facts from ADL ADL's concerns about Jimmy Carter's book were highlighted in print ads in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, and other leading ... http://www.adl.org/carter/
ADL Comments On Jimmy Carter's Intent To Meet With The Head Of Hamas Apr 11, 2008 http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/5267_62.htm
Deborah Lipstadt - Jimmy Carter's Jewish Problem Jan 20, 2007 Jimmy Carter's book 'Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid' ignores a legacy of mistreatment, expulsion and murder committed against Jews. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/19/AR2007011901541.html
Report: Carter says too many Jews on Holocaust council - Israel ... Jan 28, 2007 http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3357792,00.html
Jimmy Carter: Too many Jews on Holocaust council Jan 25, 2007 Jimmy Carter: Too many Jews on Holocaust council. http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=39878