Skip to comments.VIDEO - Handcuffed man repeatedly kicked, beaten, and tasered by police while in handcuffs
Posted on 07/11/2011 10:53:25 AM PDT by Do Not Make Fun Of His Ears
A Tennessee man sustained a punctured lung and cracked ribs following a brutal beating from a team of police deputies - while he already in handcuffs.
After being stripped naked, the man was kicked and shocked repeatedly with a Taser gun. The January 23 incident was caught on tape by video equipment fixed to the vehicle of a Humphreys county sheriff deputy.
The victim, Darren T. Ring, 34, of New Johnsonville is requesting to be released from jail where he has been held in lieu of bond for more than five months.
Humpreys County deputies descended on Ring after responding to a report of gunshots in Waverly. Ring was not arrested for firing the shots but was drunk when the deputies arrived, reports show.
In a grand jury indictment, Ring was charged with three counts of assaulting an officer, resisting arrest, and a parole violation.
However, the video footage shows deputies repeatedly telling Ring to stop resisting arrest while he is incapacitated laying facedown in the snow with at least two deputies on top of him
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
Video at link
And you don’t think a drunken moron in handcuffs can’t cause injury to someone?
Did the cops forget their iron toes shoes and stub their toes on Ring's ribs?
He was drunk and so is obviously a ‘dead beat’, ‘dead beats’ have no rights are just getting what is coming to them./sarc/
Just beating a few Freepers I know to the punch.
nobody wants to play the good cop role anymore
Drunk, naked, in handcuffs, lying in the snow, with five cops around.
And they can’t take him into custody without beating, kicking, and tasering? Breaking his ribs and puncturing his lungs?
(But what fun would that be?)
Every FReeper who thinks this is acceptable should get such a beating someday soon. Nothing like an actual eye-opening education to alter your frame of reference. Felonous thug criminals with badges are the worst scum alive.
95% of cops give the other 5% a bad name.
You’re right. I’m quick to call out abusive jackboot-cops, but this one is a ‘wait and see’ for me.
"Can't we all just get along."
Couldn’t tell if he was handcuffed or not. I’ve rolled around on the ground with a few guys, and been down in the mud, blood and beer more than once. The kicker needs to be fired and prosecuted. The clubber needs to be fired and prosecuted. The taser guy needs to be fired and prosecuted. If any other cops lied to cover it up they need to be fired and prosecuted.
Drunks are a pain in the rear, but if those guys can’t handle them they need to work as something else.
These thugs in uniform need to get punished just like we ndividual citezens would. This is beyond any justifiable beating by a mile!
I'll save indignation for someone who gets abused by the cops for no reason. This idiot gave them a reason, and I'm sorry, but drunks can be VERY dangerous, even when handcuffed. They don't feel stuff that would stop a sober person.
I wouldn’t go as high as 5%, its really < .00000000000001%. I know what you’re thinking but Im feeling generous today.
The guy was naked in the snow, was drunk and had been tasered already.
You tell me not one of those FIVE cops could sit on his legs, grab them, or otherwise subdue him, AFTER he was cuffed?
Why the beating with the nightstick?
The guy wasn’t kicking anyone or otherwise being aggressive. Why the kicks to the ribs? Really? Why the violence against a naked man whose only resistance was refusing to turn over on his stomach in the snow?
If there is such a thing as “excessive use of force” this is certainly it, in my opinion.
Hate to tell you, but dirtboy beat you to it in comment #3.
I normally don't chime in on the LEO threads. I do agree there are abuses. But I'm sorry, all this guy had to do is roll over. He didn't. And we don't know what led up to him being handcuffed on the ground in winter.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.