Skip to comments.Urban Survival Skills To Keep Your Ass Alive
Posted on 07/14/2011 9:06:55 PM PDT by Kartographer
Even if you are fortunate enough to have a retreat out in the country getting to your safe haven maybe impossible during upheaval. Roads blocked by wrecked and fuelless vehicles will stop most bugouters in their tracks. Maybe you were born lucky and can make it out safely before the balloon bursts, then what? People in rural areas, will start shooting if threatened by mobs of refugees fleeing the city. Dont expect to be welcomed with arms outstretched. Most country folks dont trust outsiders; you will likely be greeted with a load of buckshot and not the cup of fresh coffee and meaningful conversation you hoped for.
(Excerpt) Read more at survive2thrive.net ...
Your ability to conceal a ma deuce onboard the command vessel is impressive. ;0)
One of the reasons I’m so gald I use a septic tank and field lines ... not on the sewer line which will have no pumps functioning to clear the waste being deposited ‘up stream’.
And when one is out in the country, outhouses or some version thereof are always an option. Used some version of them often. Probably several years, altogether.
People have no clue how disgusting life becomes if (when) the sewage system and water systems don’t work.
I wouldn’t live in a city (or near one) for any amount of money. I like living where there are more wild animals than people.
We can see the metamorphosis already, in the news.
I wonder how many folks realize what a bathtube will hold (and there’s a toilet near the bathtub in 99% of the homes) when a 100 gallon bladder is filled to the best? I wnder how many folks realize how long thirty or fifty gallons of water heat water will alst in survival mode. or even how to access it properly? I once read that there is approxiamtely 2 1/2 gallons of water in the water pipes of a typical American 1800 square foot house with 2 and 1/2 baths. 9Flushing a toilet by pouring water into the bowl rather than the tank saves about 1 1/2 gallons per flush.]
If you’re gonna use an outhouse, have a supply of lime. Fresh crap can be detected hundreds of yards form the source.
I've been through hell and would like to share some wisdom tested in real life situations. Please reflect on it and think how it applies to you.
1. When I told a close friend of mind that we should stock up on military-type rations and offered him to take a half at symbolic cost, he told me without blinking "you stock up, I'll know where I will find food". I was shocked.
The morale: make sure to get rid of fair-weather friends before you start preparations.
2. Most humans are not mentally prepared to kill another human. If you have firearms, condition yourself to shoot to kill with the first shot. Plan ahead, and practice with pop up targets.
3. Make a blueprint of your home as if you are house invader. Plan to install booby traps. Leave one weapon in EVERY room, you'll have no time to go to another room for your rifle. Keep spare pants close to weapon - never fire weapon without your pants on.
4. Sleep is a weapon. The more you sleep, the more alert you will be when awake. The more you sleep, the less calories you will need. But you need trusted buddy to be on watch while you sleep.
5. Stock up not only on foods, but luxuries as well. Cigars, luxury chocolates, luxury perfume. Use it to treat family members to keep their and spirit high. The name of the game is not to survive, but to survive as YOURSELF. If you become an animal in the process, it is not worthwhile.
6. Shave every morining. Even if eating Spam, dress up like for the nigh on the town. It will keep your spirit high and your mind alert.
7. Depression could kill you. Arm yourself with antidepressants if you are at risk.
8. Fill an Ipod with the music that uplift your spirit. It will keep you amused while you lube your weapons.
9. I've heard from people who have lost all their possession that they miss their family photos the most. Don't be like them - backup all your family photos and keep digital copies at various locations, online, with your friends, everywhere. If you have to leave your home, your most prized possession will be safe.
10. Buy manually operated reverse osmosis filter. And again, buy manually operated reverse osmosis filter.
11. If streets become dangerous, make habit of emptying bowels and bladder before getting out. In case you are injured it will help.
12. Prepare nondescript street smarts uniform for all your family members. Hoodie, baggy pants, doc martins. Predators will look for affluent people. Escape their attention. I hope that Freepers with actual survival training and/or no-nonsense experience will continue the list. Godspeed to us all !
That must be why Obama wants to move the debt ceiling talks to Camp David?
From what I hear about barry bassturd doinmg a presser Friday in the AM, it sounds like there will be plenty of fresh crap for the complicit sycophantic media whores to spread around.
Must be time to fertilize ‘Moochelle’s garden. ;-)
SO few facts..
There is a guy named Ferfal that has a blog covering the fall of Argentina.
You all should read it. You just might learn something.
Read it and weap.
There will probably be more rats than dogs and cats. Think about it, eh?
“Leave the bodies in the road as a message.”
And mount the heads on pikes beside them. No better visual aid to remind the ferals, “we got them..and we`ll get YOU!” When Blackbeard`s head was staked down at Hampton Harbor, suddenly the number of “visits” by other pirates slowed to a manageable trickle.
I’ll volunteer for dog watch....an can tie a sheep shank !
That’s a handsome boat. Motor sailer, I believe, from the high freeboard and cabin roof. For years I dreamed of owning one. More living space than the typical sailboat.
But when SHTF, won’t coastal waters be swarming with high speed pirate boats that would put Somalis to shame?