|The Gore Effect
(Links may expire over time.)
- GORE HEARING ON WARMING MAY BE PUT ON ICE
Mon Jan 26 2009 17:59:26 ET
Al Gore is scheduled before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday morning to once again testify on the 'urgent need' to combat global warming.
But Mother Nature seems ready to freeze the proceedings.
A 'Winter Storm Watch' has been posted for the nation's capitol and there is a potential for significant snow... sleet... or ice accumulations.
"I can't imagine the Democrats would want to showcase Mr. Gore and his new findings on global warming as a winter storm rages outside," a Republican lawmaker emailed the DRUDGE REPORT. "And if the ice really piles up, it will not be safe to travel."
A spokesman for Sen. John Kerry, who chairs the committee, was not immediately available to comment on contingency plans.
Global warming advocates have suggested this year's wild winter spells are proof of climate change.
- HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM (Drudge Report ) February 13, 2007
- March 1, 2007 --- Minnesota Public Radio's "Global Warming: The Home Front" scheduled for March 1 was cancelled due to insufficient global warming ("based on current travel advisories ").
- March 7, 2007 --- A Congressional subcommittee meeting on Energy and Air Quality Hearing on "Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?" was cancelled due to a snow advisory. "A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING."
Recall that greenhouse hypothesis maintains that warming due to increases in the greenhouse effect is anticipated to be greatest in the winter.
- Frostbite, equipment damage end latest Bancroft-Arnesen trek
March 12, 2007
MINNEAPOLIS - A North Pole expedition meant to bring attention to global warming was called off after one of the explorers got frostbite.
What follows is a sampling of how Mother Nature enjoys ridiculing promoters of the global warming scam.
The Gore Effect: Politico, November 2008
First October snow since 1922 blankets London as global warming bill debated: Register, October 2008
Global Warming Vote on Snowy Day in Washington - Senate committee debates expensive climate change bill as snow blankets D.C.:
- First October snow since 1922 blankets London as global warming bill debated: Register, October 2008
- Global Warming Vote on Snowy Day in Washington - Senate committee debates expensive climate change bill as snow blankets D.C.: Business and Media, December 2007
- HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER SNOW/ICE STORM: Drudge Report, February 2007
- NOT AGAIN! DC 'Snow Advisory' Issued on Day of Congressional Global Warming Hearing: Times, March 2007
- Gore decries 'global warming' in bitterly cold NYC: WND, December 2006
- Gore delivers environmental message at Harvard ...with near 125-year record breaking low temps: MOTLS, October 2008
- Global warming activists urged to focus on Earth Day rallies and ignore snow as it 'piles up outside our windows': Alarmism, April 17, 2007
- No Joke! Cyclists 'braved freezing cold temps' to promote global warming awareness in New York: WKTV, October 22, 2008
- Global warming protest in Maryland frosted with snow: Baltimore Sun, January 2008
- Global warming rally in the snow: Alarmism, April 2007
- Snow won't dampen global-warming rallies: Live Daily, April 2007
- Brrrr - Obama to global warming demonstrators: 'This is probably not the weather to hold up those signs...it's a little chilly today', Space Daily, October 28, 2008
- Global Warming Awareness Walk Braves Snow Storm: Nashua Telegraph, March 2007
- The Gore Effect, Cont. - Gore speaks in Italy during 'rare' cold and snow: Planet Gore, December 16, 2008
- Climate protest canceled 'due to rain and cold': Telegraph (Australia), Nov. 23, 2008
- Penguin Ice Sculptures refuse to melt 1997
- Three British explorers trying to ski to the North Pole to measure the thickness of sea ice only have one day's food left as bad weather hampers supply flights March 17, 2009
- Texas Email Subject Line: 'Global Warming Lecture Postponed Due to Cooling' Houston Chronicle via NewsBusters, December 5, 2009
- Al Gore Warns of Global Warming Doom Seconds Before CNN Reports 'Monster' Winter Storm (NewsBusters) December 9, 2009
- Record Cold To hit Global Warming Conference (Copenhagen To Break Dec 17th Record by 7 Degrees!) December 17, 2009
- Snowstorm squelches climate change protest Copenhagen, December 30, 2009 ... A downtown protest of the climate change talks in Copenhagen became a victim of Wednesday's snowstorm. "Not many people showed up because of the blizzard conditions," said organizer Clea Major, an international studies student at the University of Utah... She called Wednesday evening's effort a success and possibly the first in a series. As for the snow, it's not entirely new; a protest she attended last year in Washington, D.C., suffered a similar fate..."There is always the irony element," Major said. (There is also the reality element of the globe's current 11 year cooling cycle, Clea.)
- Gore effect strikes Cancun Climate Conference 3 days in a row December 8, 2010
- Gore Effect on Steroids: Six straight days of record low temperatures during COP16 in Cancun Mexico more coming December 10, 2010, Watts Up With That
- Record Cold at Cancun Climate Confab 11 Dec 10, New American