Skip to comments.Rick Perry, time to get America working again
Posted on 08/15/2011 9:56:28 AM PDT by Todd Kinsey
Rick Perrys promise Ill work every day to make Washington, D.C. as inconsequential in your life as I can.
(Excerpt) Read more at toddkinsey.com ...
And by “America” he means illegals also.
You got that right.
Former Democrat Rick Perry never met an illegal he thought shouldn’t get free medical care on the taxpayer’s dime.
Hey, he’s got to take care of the Chamber of Commerce and their appetite for cheap, illegal labor.
Did Perry have any LaRaza recognition events in Texas as governor?
One cannot say the same about Sarah Palin because she is a true conservative and HOT;)
This is one of the best lines in politics since Reagan. DC should be irrelevant!!!! Let’s make it so!
I applauded that line
As a compassionate state, we know that for our children to succeed, they must not only be healthy, but educated.
The future leaders of our two nations are learning their fractions and their ABCs in classrooms all along this border. Immigrants from around the world are being taught in Texas classrooms, and our history is rich with examples of new citizens who have made great contributions.
We must say to everyTexas child learning in a Texas classroom, we dont care where you come from, but where you are going, and we are going to do everything we can to help you get there. And that vision must include the children of undocumented workers.
Thats why Texas took the national lead in allowing such deserving young minds to attend a Texas college at a resident rate. Those young minds are a part of a new generation of leaders, the doors of higher education must be open to them. The message is simple: educacion es el futuro, y si se puede.
The “get America working again” is a predictable and welcomed slogan.
I don’t care about amnesty. It’s a secondary issue, caused by both parties.
Managing immigration from this point forward is a primary issue. That means hard border management, setting expecations for language and integration with our culture. I expect future immigrants to take an oath of loyalty to the constitution and be on probation for deportation, should they violate it. Other recent legal immigrats would agree.
Does he mean by being a champion for TARP, Stimuluis, et al again?
On a radio show in Houston they were describing a handsome and cavalier Perry checking out the border and responding into a radio device back to Bob Perry the homebuilder how many hires he spotted. PRETTY FUNNY!
Amnesty, should it come to pass, will be the LAST issue we ever worry about again... because it will be the end of the republican party in America forever.
...and the constitutional republic known as America.
Will it be the law of man or the rule of law??
Whoever drug in the transcripts from Greta/O’Reilly on immigration and Sara Palin.He/she is the grand prize winner!
Reagan did the amnesty thing after congress PROMISSED border security—the Dem congress LIED! Reagan would have fallen for such a con and niether should we.
Until even Speedy Gonzales can't illegally enter the US there will be NO AMNESTY.
Some say both parties were to blame for our broken borders—that is only partially true—the Dems and the RINOs were at fault.
I'm with Levin on Perry—being a liberal on illegal immigration could be a deal killer for me as well.
And yes, my link is from a lib website. They see his flip-flop as “nightmarish.” I call it “revealing.” This guy is nothing but an opportunist.
Reagan would NOT have fallen—I meant to say.
And not only that, he is a flip-flopper. That goes to the man’s character and trustworthiness. He sticks his finger in the wind to determine his beliefs.
Kinda like Neut (spelling intentional) and his commercial on the couch with Nancy Pelosi.
I knew what you meant! ;-)
Dont Believe the Hype. Meet the Real Rick Perry
Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas Sends Warning to Republicans Nationwide About Perrys Tax and Spend Record
AUSTIN, TX - Texas Governor Rick Perry may be the flavor of the day for a lot of Republicans, but Texas Republicans who are familiar with his record are a lot less enthusiastic about his presidential run. Perry has a unique talent for finding new ways to raise taxes and loves to use taxpayer money to subsidize his business cronies, says Secretary Dave Nalle of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas. His supposed belief in limited government and states rights conveniently disappears whenever it conflicts with the demands of the special interests and corporate cronies who he serves.
Governor Perrys record of big government, big spending, big taxing and attacks on the fundamental rights of Texas citizens is a familiar to Texans, but seems to be much less well known to Republicans outside of the state, which may explain his high initial showing in the polls. The Republican Liberty Caucus of Texas is compiling a complete dossier on Perry to share with fellow Republicans outside their state so that they can be informed about what they are being sold in a Perry presidential candidacy.
The file on Perrys abuses of power, insider deals with cronies and tax and spend policies is thick, but for a start here are what Texas RLC members voted as the top five Perry scandals which GOP primary voters need to know more about:
1. Business Slush Funds: Perry made heavy use of business incentive slush funds which used taxpayer dollars to subsidize selected businesses, many of them run by his major campaign contributors. Just two of these funds, the Texas Enterprise Fund and the Texas Emerging Growth fund, spent over $700 million to subsidize businesses to move to Texas or expand operations in Texas, with little evidence that these handouts of taxpayer money produced job or revenue growth anywhere near sufficient to justify the expense. In fact, many of these businesses eventually downsized or relocated long before they had earned the money Perry gave them, or even went bankrupt with $25 million fund dollars like Contrywide Financial. source
2. Toll Roads and Land Seizures Perry has never met a toll road project he wasnt willing to seize huge amounts of private land for and then give the exclusive management contracts to foreign corporations. Perrys time in office has set records for eminent domain land seizures - over a million acres have been seized. His toll road projects have confiscated family farms and torn communities apart. Toll roads have been used as a massive off-the-books tax program, taking money from Texas drivers and feeding it to foreign financial interests and management groups which lobbied the governor for special deals which produce much higher tolls and higher profits than are typical in other states. source
3. Forced Vaccinations: In 2007 Perry issued an executive order which would have forcibly vaccinated every girl in Texas entering the sixth grade with Mercks Gardasil vaccine for Human Papilloma Virus. This massive violation of the privacy rights of Texas teenagers and their parents would have come at a cost of $360 in taxpayer money per shot. It would have been a huge windfall for Merck, which had paid Perrys former Chief of Staff $250,000 to lobby the governor and legislature to promote the forced vaccination program. source
4. The Job-Killing Franchise Tax: Knowing that it would be impossible to pass an income tax against popular opposition in Texas, Perry promoted the idea of a special business tax called the Franchise Tax which taxes businesses at different arbitrary rates set by the government. This tax expands business taxes to types of businesses which are not taxed in most states and in many cases taxes small businesses more than large corporations they compete with. For example it taxes small car repair shops at double the rate it taxes large dealerships for car repairs. Its a small business and job killer. source
5. Scuttled the Ant-TSA Bill When Rep. David Simpson led the Texas legislature towards passage of an enormously popular bill (HB1938) to hold the TSA accountable for intrusive searches of airline passengers, Perry played a key role in making sure that the bill was not passed. When the TSA and the Justice Department began pressuring him, although Perry had promised to submit the bill to the special legislative session, he delayed submitting the bill until it was so late in the session that it was virtually impossible to hold the constitutionally mandated votes necessary for passage. That way he could score points with the public for submitting the popular bill while at the same time making sure that it wouldnt pass. Its a classic example of Perrys insincere pandering. source
Dont be fooled by campaign hype. If Perry says hell cut taxes or get government off our back, look up his real record. Look up his past statements. He supported TARP. He supported the bailouts. He was even Al Gores Texas campaign manager back in 1980. A vote for Perry in the Republican primary is a vote for more big government and more taxes and more of the the same deficits and irresponsibility we had for 12 years under Bush and Obama. The Republican Party and the nation need real leadership, not more of the same with a nicer head of hair.
RLC of Texas Chairman Judson Vandiver asks, Lets hope Republicans outside Texas see through all the hype. Lets all say to to Perry what he said to a Texas state trooper when he tried to bully her after she pulled him over for speeding YouTube: Why dont you just let us get on down the road?
Here ya go:
Why is Perry sucking up to a known racist organization whose primary tenant is the establishment of an Aztlan empire in the American west and southwest?
I like Texans. They are good people and I even like them when they boast about Texas, especially we you can see in their eyes they don’t realy believe what they are saying either, but it’s fun! Its when Texans believe their own ‘Tall’ Tales to be true that I get to were I can’t stand them. Texas has produced only one really good President and that was Sam Houston and he was just President of Texas not the Union. And then what did they do to him? Forced him out as Governor when he refused to take Texas out of the Union. How did that work out?
they have no idea how to resolve any of the country’s problems.
taxes are their power. period.
stop giving them power
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.