Skip to comments.VIDEO: War on Cameras: Man Faces 75 Years in Prison for Filming Police
Posted on 09/01/2011 9:47:17 AM PDT by blog.Eyeblast.tv
In what seems to be a growing trend, a man is facing hefty charges all because of an incident involving a camera and the police.
For the crime of recording police during a citation and taking a tape recorder into the courtroom, 41-year old mechanic Michael Allison faces a life sentence in prison.
The state of Illinois has charged Allison with five counts of wiretapping, each punishable by four to 15 years in prison.
(Excerpt) Read more at mrctv.org ...
How dare a mere serf try to hold the corrupt fascist cops accountable? We live in a police state. They can do anything they want. We are all slaves to the State. We need to rise up and show the tyrants the we are taking our freedom back.
We need to punish the real fools and that is the government.
one jury I’d like to be on.
Eavesdropping. Corrected. Sorry about that and thank you!
Apparently the State has the right to install cameras anywhere it sees fit to observe and record everything Americans do in public and private. But let a citizen record some public official (police, politician, etc), in public, then the government squeals like stuck pig.
Honest cops have absolutely nothing to fear from having their actions recorded.
I got another seat belt ticket the other day, the first thing the cop said when he came up to the car was that I was being recorded , audio and visual.
Like there is nothing you can do about it so you sit back and enjoy it. The cops should do the same
good luck finding an honest cop, which is precisely why this happened.
Oh my Lord, that is really to much.
I think there are some murderers and pedophiles who face less time than this.
cops like this are part of the 95% that give the other 5% a bad name.
75 minutes is too much, given that he hasn’t committed what we would recognize as a crime.
I would love to be on this jury.
and the Barney Fifes we call police these days, the thin skinned line we’re told we cant do w/o. LOL...
What if it were a security tape from a building? and if that is legal, what if you had a video security system on your vehicle?
I hate Illinois Nazis.
I don’t see the point , cops never lie and we never get any outrageous behaviour out of judges..
He needs to learn how to be covert..
4GB Hidden Spy Pen Recorder DVR Video Camera 1280 x 960 http://www.ebay.com/itm/4GB-Hidden-Spy-Pen-Recorder-DVR-Video-Camera-1280-x-960-/320724594441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aacacef09
If one of us had filmed them back, I'm sure it would have gotten ugly.
Is this still the country I went off to war for?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.