Skip to comments.Matt Taibbi Lists The 5 Things The Occupy Wall Street Protesters Should Demand
Posted on 10/13/2011 7:57:07 AM PDT by george76
The man who called Goldman Sachs a "great vampire squid" has some advice for Occupy Wall Street.
1. Break up the monopolies. He's talking about the 20 or so "too big to fail" companies in our country that could single-handedly take down our economy.
2. Pay for your own bailouts...
3. No public money for private lobbying.
(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...
Demands the protesters should make:
1. Demand Warren Buffett pay the billon dollars in back taxes he refuses to pay.
2. Demand George Soros do prison time for his insider trading conviction (recently upheld by a French court)
3. Demand Michelle Obama stop mocking the jobless by flaunting $42,000 diamond bracelets.
4. Demand free potty training for fellow protesters so they stop pooping on police cars.
5. Demand Barack Obama return EVERY CENT of the millions of dollars Goldman Sachs gave to Obama’s campaign.
— ht comments
3. Toilet Paper
4. Hand Sanitizer
5. Lysol (giant Economy Size).............
I have a list too.
4. Public restrooms.
5. Did I mention SHOWERS?
free subscriptions to Rolling Stoned magazine, too.
I fire hose on full stream should do the trick.
If the OWS gang had confined their issues to getting rid of the bailouts and crony capitalism, I'd be right there with them.
Of course, it was a safe bet I'd never be called upon to back up that promise.
Matt Taibbi is absolutely awesome at uncovering half of every story
Problem is that the OWS (if it really exists outside of a small cabal of paid activists, which seems to be the most likely scenario) is not interested in any program that does not include massive transfers of private income into government or ACORN/SEIU/UNITE HERE hands.
“4. Demand free potty training for fellow protesters so they stop pooping on police cars.”
As I said to my youngest son the other night: the things most crucial to fix are the things both the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street are complaining about, but the solution is the one proposed by the Tea Party, not OSW.
The proposal sounds fair and would put the damper on some of the market manipulations like high-frequency trading. But it's a slippery slope, like Cain's 9% federal sales tax. 0.2% and 0.02% would give plenty more left over to fight global warming and poverty.
Worse, there is the question of financial markets moving to avoid these taxes. London is afraid that an EU tax on financial transactions would shift business from London to New York. The Obamination would have a simple solution -- a global tax with part of the proceeds going to the UN.
Bernie Sanders has chimed in with a set of his own.
1) Break up banks that are “too big to fail”
2) Revive usury laws and cap credit card interest rates
3) Force the Fed to provide the same deals on loans to American small businesses that they’ve been giving to foreign banks
4) Stop Wall Street speculators from manipulating gasoline and heating oil prices
5) Force Wall Street to invest in the job creating “real” economy and to stop gambling on things like derivatives
6) Impose a per-transaction fee (Tobin tax) on options, futures credit/default swaps and derivatives
None of you want to hear this, but a few of those will garner support from a lot of people who are not necessarily hippies.
Don’t forget the ammonia to get them really clean!
!. First & foremost:
STOP giving billions of dollars to countries who exist solely to attack the USA & Israel.
Why should we feed/harbor the fox who wants to kill all our chickens?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.