Skip to comments.
Farewell to UCLA's Sondra Hale
Campus Watch ^
| Cinnamon Stillwell
Posted on 01/10/2012 7:14:00 PM PST by SmithL
The rabidly anti-Israel University of California, Los Angeles anthropology and women's studies professor Sondra Hale has retired. Her list of dubious achievements is long and, over the years, Campus Watch has chronicled a good number:
- Hale was one of the founding members of the organizing committee for the Campaign for the Cultural and Academic Boycott of Israel. At the time of its inception, she touted her prominent involvement, telling the Daily Bruin in February, 2009 that, were it to go into effect, "foreign exchange and cooperative programs with Israel would cease."
- At an October, 2009 conference at the Center for Near Eastern Studies (CNES)--for which she served as chair of the Faculty Advisory Committee--Hale equated the pro-Israel groups StandWithUs and the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) with "Nazis" and "McCarthyists."
- In response to widespread criticism regarding the blatantly anti-Israel and, at times, anti-Semitic nature of a January, 2009 "Human Rights and Gaza" CNES symposium, Hale penned an op-ed in the Daily Bruin, slamming UCLA student and member of Bruins for Israel, Ben Meiselman, for having the temerity to publish a piece criticizing the symposium.
- Hale was one of the signatories to a ridiculously conspiratorial 2002 open letter warning that Israel would use the Iraq war to perpetrate "ethnic cleansing" against the Palestinians.
- Shifting focus to her other specialty, Africa, Hale suggested in November, 2007 that Islamist-perpetrated genocide in Darfur could be prevented by sending in "mediation, negotiation, healing and psychotherapy . . . professionals to work with people when tensions are building up."
UCLA now has an opportunity to make amends for Hale's years of agitprop and politicization . . .
(Excerpt) Read more at campus-watch.org ...
TOPICS: Conspiracy; Education
KEYWORDS: antiisrael; campuswatch; seenthelight; ucla
posted on 01/10/2012 7:14:11 PM PST
To: Cool Guy; CounterCounterCulture; Arkat Kingtroll; pbear8; Jerez2; SunStar; Mr. Jeeves; ...
posted on 01/10/2012 7:17:26 PM PST
(If you reward certain behavior, don't be surprised if you see more of that behavior)
posted on 01/10/2012 7:20:25 PM PST
They will have a replacement which is probably worse. Never underestimate the evil leftists.
posted on 01/10/2012 7:59:39 PM PST
(If RINO is your selection then failure is your election)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson