Skip to comments.Rahm Emanuel Wants $65.00 Registration Fee For Every Illinois Handgun.., An Idea For Obama Too?
Posted on 02/10/2012 10:33:12 AM PST by Sasparilla
Is Rahm Emanuel floating gun control ideas to Obama for use during his second term? Does former Presidential advisor and current Chicago machine politics confidante Rahm Emanuel, with his own personal team of bodyguards, really believe that requiring a $65.00 per handgun registration fee every five years for every handgun owned in Illinois will really have any impact on gun crime in Chicago or anywhere in Illinois?
Grooming himself for a run at the Governors office, Emmanuel claims that such a gun registration scheme will make the streets safer. He even thinks that this registration will cut illegal gun sales. But, he ignores the fact, as all anti gun rights groups do, that the vast majority of violent gun crimes, robberies, and assaults are committed with black market unregistered guns, or stolen guns registered to their former legal owners, but are possessed and used by street thugs. They cannot provide statistics to the contrary for the tremendous amount of Chicago shootings. Street thugs will always have access to guns whether they are registered by someone else or not at all. Criminals certainly won't register them. They never have and never will.
With out of control crime, some Politicians even called on Former Mayor Daley during his administration to call in the National Guard to quell crime. That piece of history is all but forgotten.
Consider the following representative 2011 headlines about street thug shootings during five consecutive months in Chicago. These shootings werent done by legal gun owners who cant even carry their already registered guns into their garage from the house...
(Excerpt) Read more at armedselfdefense.blogspot.com ...
1) Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition: $65 per year to say anything about anything, per utterance.
2) Right to keep and bear arms: $65 per year per gunowner per gun.
3) Conditions for quarters of soldiers: You pay $65 per year per soldier to keep them out of your home.
4) Right of search and seizure regulated: If you don't want us to search of seize your stuff, pay $65 per year per family member.
5) Provisions concerning prosecution: We will charge $65 each time you are read your Miranda Rights. Instead of "Pleading the 5th", the response is "None of your f'n business.".
6) Right to a speedy trial, witnesses, etc.: If you want a speedy trial, $65.
7) Right to a trial by jury: Pay $65 per juror
8) Excessive bail, cruel punishment: You haven't seen nuttin' yet, Jocko. $65? Phsttttt!
9) Rule of construction of Constitution: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people who pay $65.
10) Rights of the States under Constitution: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people who pay $65.
Yup. Great idea Rahm.
Illinois, however, yeah... Those gun owners might get screwed.
I'm surprised that 'Firearm ID Cards' with 5 year expiration dates and per-gun registration fees aren't an idea from California. They're building a magnificent society of the future out there, you know. Hundred billion dollar bullet trains to nowhere, and so forth.
The Illinios fast-track to a prison cell. Good luck, Rahmbo.
Precisely. Laws can’t be enforced ON those that don’t break them. The answer is to make so many laws that it is impossible to not violate one.
Start small, and no one will notice. This is a start.
Hey aclu!!!! What about our AMERICAN RIGHTS!!!!
Wow. I thought the mayors office in Chicago was the final stop for a Chicago politician. The Dailys made it their retirement jobs. Living large getting plenty of kickbacks. What the heck does Emanuel see in the Governor's office? Is there more bribery opportunities in the Governors chair? Maybe he's figured out how the previous governors got caught and ended up doing time and he's not going to make the same mistakes. Getting caught that is?
His proposed gun tax is nuts. If that doesn't work is he going to register ammunition? He's a retarded ballerina that's missing part of his brain like he's missing part of his bird finger.
“City Writes $399,950 Check To Gun Rights Group”
Doesn’t mater to him. He can always raise taxes or fees to cover that and much more. But, this tactic is cagey. He’s not doing this through the City of Chicago. He has found a useful idiot lawmaker to introduce this as a bill in the state legislature. Can you imagine the kind of cash the state will have to spend to defend this if it becomes state law? Poor Illinois taxpayers.
That was my thought, too. Once they know who has a gun, they will come to collect them a few years down the road. The 2nd amendment is all the registration we need.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.