Skip to comments.The Obama Hope Artist Is Going To Jail?
Posted on 02/27/2012 10:52:32 AM PST by The Looking Spoon
Artist Shepard Fairey, who created the iconic "Hope" campaign poster featuring then-Sen. Barack Obama for the 2008 presidential campaign, pleaded guilty in Manhattan Federal Court on Friday to one count of criminal contempt for destroying documents, manufacturing evidence and other misconduct.
See the story here.
I know it's not spelled the same way, but it looks like Mr. Fairey may get a chance to live out his name behind the slammer (that's a lot of innuendo for one sentence!).
I whipped up a couple of parting gifts for him...
This one is from me to liberals
And once again; it’s not the crime, it’s the cover-up. (Unless your name is Clinton...)
Send him the party size tube of Astroglide,he’s gonna need it.....
Obamas Venomous Artist-Fundraiser
Fairey has a company ("Obey") that produces his own artwork, such as these.
See Fairey's website: http://www.thegiant.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Prints
Obama has written Fairey that he admires "the political messages involved in your work."
The political messages in Fairey's art are:
1) Communist dictators are god-like supermen
2) The United States is a police state at home and an imperialist oppressor abroad
3) Capitalism is an evil system based on greed and exploitation
4) Ordinary Amerikkkan workers are guilty of blithely supporting an unjust system
5) The only good Americans are those who fight The System
6) The communist Peoples' Armies will soon triumph over Amerikkkan imperialism and bring peace to the world out of the barrel of a gun.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.