Skip to comments.I'm Not An Organ Donor.
Posted on 05/12/2012 10:09:45 AM PDT by JoanVarga
click here to read article
Sorry, I don’t understand why it didn’t come up. The name of the movie is “Never Let Me Go”.
I’ve been around here a very long time, and this ranks at the very top of the most absurd and selfish things I’ve read on this site.
I can’t be bothered to figure out if you’re a troll or not, and frankly don’t care.
Shame on you.
That triggered the memory of an article I read by Dr. Paul Byrne who said the apnea test often hurts the patient's chances for recovery, causing irreversible brain damage, and begins the process of organ donation. If the patient doesn't breathe on his own the hospital will declare the patient "brain dead," turn the ventilator back on to keep the organs fresh, and begin the process of acquiring and extracting his organs. The patient is still, in fact, very much alive and the removal of vital organs is what actually causes death.
I’m sorry you’ve taken offense. None was offered.
As for your shaming, I reject it, and stand in fine company.
Please don’t let my personal boundaries trouble you further.
Not so “brain dead”
* Brain dead woman recovers after husband refuses to withdraw life support
* Woman Diagnosed as Brain Dead Walks and Talks after Awakening
* Brain dead Quebec woman wakes up after family refuses organ donation
* Doctor Says about Brain Dead Man Saved from Organ Harvesting - Brain Death is Never Really Death
* Doctors Who Almost Dissected Living Patient Confess Ignorance about Actual Moment of Death
* New study questions brain-death criterion for organ donation
* Coma Recovery After 19 Years Poses Questions About Terri Schiavo
* Polish Man Wakes from 19-Year Coma, Talks and Expected to Walk Soon
* Man Wakes from Two-Year Coma was Aware and Remembers Everything
* Boy in Hopeless Vegetative State Awakens and Steadily Improves
* Commentary: The Significance of that Case of the Man Trapped in a Coma for 23 Years
* Girl Once Comatose and Scheduled for Euthanasia Will Testify against Attacker
* Comatose UK Man Chooses Life by Moving Eyes
* Womans Waking After Brain Death Raises Many Questions About Organ Donation
* Russian Surgeons Removing Organs Saying Patients Almost Dead Anyway
* Denver Coroner Rules Homicide in Organ-Donor Case
I’m unchecking the box on my drivers liscense next time i renew it, my family can approve the organ transplant after my body has ceased to live, i’m not leaving it up to a doctor with an agenda of greed.
“That borderless attitude has let in enough virulence from Mexico (MMM and Whooping Cough)”
Doctor friend told me that USC (which runs a public hospital here in Los Angeles) has quietly, with no fanfare, opened a HANSEN’S DISEASE clinic in an obscure basement.
Hansen’s Disease is the PC name for leprosy.
Because we have huge numbers of aliens from countries where it thrives. And they’ve brought it here.
Open borders and Multiculturalism: the gifts that keep on giving.
She Lion bump!
I always wanted to say, "I'd like to, but I'd better not. My family has all kinds of congenital health problems, you know..." Just to see them step back a little bit, like I might be contagious at that moment. LOL!
20 years ago, my vaccinated son, at age 9, got the German Measles while we were living in Mexico City. 365 days later, he got the mumps. 10 days after that, my husband (who had already had the mumps as a child) contracted them and almost died.
Booster shots, everybody. People are dying in Washington State (a big Mex population center) from Whooping Cough.
LOL good point....I’m using up all my organs, that is why they were given to me...
The doctors at the hospital assumed she was unconscious, and spoke freely with her family about how they should sign some papers so that they could harvest her organs as soon as possible, because when the body dies there is always some damage to the organ, so it would be best if they could remove them while the blood was still flowing.
Fortunately for her, the family did not give in, and eventually she came out of the coma.
If you own it, be careful to whom you would offer it. Unknown future entities (i.e., govt doctors) do not inspire confidence.
I’ve always wanted to have a pet monkey, and... wait, what?
Thanks for the ping, I think?
LOL. Well, between Sunken Civ’s list(?#) and mine(~80), a lot of people were alerted. May have been that there was nothing left anyone wanted to say on a ghoulish subject.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.