Skip to comments.Barack Obama is no liberal – he’s a lying, corrupt, lawbreaking, power hungry, crony-capitalist.
Posted on 07/18/2012 2:55:12 PM PDT by grundle
1) In April 2009, antiwar activists who helped elect Obama accused him of using the same off the books funding as his predecessor George W. Bush when Obama requested an additional $83.4 billion from Congress for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan a provision which Obama had voted against when he was a Senator.
2) In May 2010, it was reported that the Obama administration had selected KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq, just hours after the Justice Department had said it would pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of taking kickbacks from two subcontractors on Iraq-related work.
3) While running for President, Obama had promised that he would not have any lobbyists working in his administration. However, by February 2010, he had more than 40 lobbyists working in his administration.
4) Although Obama claims to support the Occupy Wall St. movement, the truth is that he has raised more money from Wall St. than any other candidate during the last 20 years.
5) Under President Obama, abuse of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay became even worse than it had been under President Bush.
6) In June 2011, U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said that Obama had violated the Constitution when he launched military operations in Libya without Congressional approval.
7) While Senator, Obama voted for the $700 billion TARP bank bailout bill.
(Excerpt) Read more at danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com ...
Hes a lying, corrupt, lawbreaking, power hungry, crony-communist.
“hes a lying, corrupt, lawbreaking, power hungry, crony-capitalist”
So Ted Kennedy wasn’t a liberal either?
Honestly I don’t care for the term liberal. It insults people of worth who in the past used the label.
I prefer Leftist, and Obama sure as hell is a Leftist. Crony capitalism, which he loves to no end, is a long term love affair of fascists and progressives, both of which are Leftist species.
There is a difference between a classical liberal and a modern liberal.
A classical liberal is someone who advocates free markets, free trade, private property rights, fair elections and maximum civil liberties.
Classical liberals were men like John Locke, Adam Smith and Patrick Henry.
Since 1913, socialists in the USA have changed the meaning of the word liberal.
A modern liberal is someone who advocates censorship, gun control, planned economics, collective ownership, government regulation and excessive taxation.
You say potato, I say .....
Totally agree. He definitely came off as a communist during the anti-business “you didn’t get here yourself” speech. He was clearly making the case for why the PEOPLE collectively owned the means of production; not the business owner who got their on our backs!! Clear as day to me.
I’m reading a book called, “The Death of Liberalism” by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
He makes your points exactly. The classic liberal was nothing like today’s liberal/progressives.
When you read their differences .. it’s stunning!!
Obama is not any kind of hyphenated capitalist, he is a marxist through and through.
Communists throughout history partnered with capitalists to advance their agenda and fund their needs......providing those capitalists never spoke out against the Communists.
If you are a good, loyal supporter, you will get bailouts, tax breaks and lax enforcement of regulations.
If you are not..........they destroy you.
You forgot to mention that he is running against a liberal, crony capitalist from Massachusetts...
Left off was blood-sucking parasite!
A “liberal,” at least as I try to use the word and as most used it years ago, meant someone with an open mind but not an empty head. I prefer the word (possibly of my own creation, I don’t know) “Librul,” which denotes someone with a closed mind and an empty head.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.