Skip to comments.The Thirty Best Quotes From the 2012 Republican Convention
Posted on 08/31/2012 1:29:34 PM PDT by Dysart
30) Self esteem comes from achievements. Not from lax standards and false praise. Condi Rice
29) (My father) stood behind a bar in the back of the room all those years, so one day I could stand behind a podium in the front of a room. That journey, from behind that bar to behind this podium, goes to the essence of the American miracle that were exceptional not because we have more rich people here. Were special because dreams that are impossible anywhere else, come true here. Marco Rubio
28) Fifty-five years ago, when my dad was a penniless teenager, thank God some well-meaning bureaucrat didnt put his arm around him and say let me take care of you. - Ted Cruz.
27) None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us. Paul Ryan
26) And on a personal note a little girl grows up in Jim Crow Birmingham the most segregated big city in America her parents cant take her to a movie theater or a restaurant but they make her believe that even though she cant have a hamburger at the Woolworths lunch counter she can be President of the United States and she becomes the Secretary of State. Yes, America has a way of making the impossible seem inevitable in retrospect. But of course it has never been inevitable it has taken leadership, courage and an unwavering faith in our values. Condi Rice
25) With all their attack ads, the President is just throwing away money
and hes pretty experienced at that. Paul Ryan
(Excerpt) Read more at rightwingnews.com ...
I like Christie’s quote, not the most memorable; but applicable to strong women. “In the automobile of life, my father was the passenger”.
That is THE most memorable quote I heard all convention. And it so clearly sums up everything wrong with the Obama Administration perfectly, too.
I watched almost all the coverage all this week. Nice collection of quotes.
4) The EPA is now the Employment Prevention Agency. Bob McDonnell
My favorite, “2008-2011 lesson earned. 2012 mistake corrected.”
I need to watch Davis’ speech on youtube. And Mia Love for that matter.
Yes, “fading Obama posters” is delicious imagery.
President Obama is the kind of politician who puts promises on the record, and then calls that the record. Paul Ryan
***** “4) The EPA is now the Employment Prevention Agency. Bob McDonnell” *****
Clint Eastwood missed a great opportunity to use one of his movie quotes. While he did the “Make my day” quote, he didn’t say to Obama/chair, “A man’s got to know his limitations!” (From:”Magnum Force”)
One Of my favorites was “ When the world Needs someone to do the really
Big stuff, you need an American”.
I heard today that the ministry of propaganda has determined that phrase to be...that’s right...racist.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.