Skip to comments.Proposed Concepts for the Constitution of the New Republic of Texas
Posted on 11/14/2012 1:30:01 PM PST by grumpa
The United States federal government has usurped its power under its Constitution. It has become oppressive and unresponsive to the people of America. Under both major political parties, it has lost control of its fiscal responsibilities which will irreparably harm us and our posterity. It is time that Texans free ourselves from such oppression and peacefully secede. But before doing so, we should have direction for a new Republic. This document is an outline for concepts to be incorporated in the new Constitution for the independent Republic of Texas.
Reasons for Texas to Peacefully Secede:
(1) Freedom. We would control our own destiny. (2) Financial. A free and independent Texas would experience an unprecedented economic boom. People would be moving here in droves. Whatever debt we have to assume of our share of the US government could be paid off.
(Excerpt) Read more at freetexasconstitution.wordpress.com ...
1. It would mean war. Answer: This is not 1860. Even the Soviet Union broke up without war.
2. Obama will never let us go. Answer: There is one reason why he might--34 electoral votes that are always a problem for liberals. Anyway, to rephrase Davey Crocket, "To hell with Obama, I'm going to Texas."
3. The civil war settled the issue. Answer: The north won by force, but that did not settle the issue. A free people always have the right to govern themselves and have the right to separate when their government usurps their rights.
4. It'll never happen. Answer: It has happened before; it will happen again. The yearning for freedom is greater than any impediment.
5. What about the US debt? Answer: Texas would have to assume its share of the debt. But the huge economic boom we would experience would help us pay off the debt.
Good luck with that. Lol
6. What about the people on Medicare and Social Security in Texas?
7. The Demographic question?
I see the re-election of Obama has literally driven people insane.
The only way any state is leaving this country is after the country no longer exists at all.
I’m absolutely sure that there were the same remarks made in 1775 by some of the Brits..LOL
Why have you excerpted your own garbage?
And how would Mayor Castro of San Antonio still be a rising star in the Democrat party, if Texas isn’t in the union? Would Texas Democrats have to move to some other liberal state which was still in the union, so they could pursue their political destiny???
The left is in control and has obtained total control in California. As I see it this secession movement is in fact a statement to the left that we on the right can no longer live with you. We have nothing in common with the left.
I’m not a secessionist, but Progressives have been fomenting civil war for a century. I wrote Surviving Civil War II as a look at the structure of modern civil war in the Internet age. Obama is already fighting an asymmetric civil war using union brownshirts, OWS anarchists, illegal aliens, the EPA etc. as proxy army.
I don’t see any signs that a majority of the people in Texas want to secede. And if they did, I doubt that the populations of Austin, San Antonio or Dallas would want to go with them.
Anyway, to rephrase Davey Crocket, “To hell with Obama, I’m going to Texas.”
That’s basically one main problem Texas has today with the influx both legal and illegal.
5. What about the US debt? Answer: Texas would have to assume its share of the debt. But the huge economic boom we would experience would help us pay off the debt. ALSO, Texas would cap the debt as of the separation. We won’t have to accept endless added debt.
6. What about the people on Medicare and Social Security in Texas? Answer: Either they emigrate to California or Wisconsin where their fate will not be the responsibility of the people of Texas, or they transition to whatever system the sovereign people of Texas may put in place in the Republic of Texas.
7. The Demographic question? Answer: The Republic of Texas will be able to put into place whatever measures deemed appropriate to control its borders and put into place appropriate immigration policies without interference from distant statist busybodies. Beyond that there is no “demographic” question.
It would be awesome, but its not going to happen. I’d totally be in favor though.
See my petition at White House.gov dealing with the folks of Austin:
We could go statewide with the program.
But one suggestion I would put forth is not copy the bill of rights verbatum. Change a few words here and there, eg first amendment clarify freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion; and the second amendment, place with emphasis the phrase INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to keep and bear arms, with language preventing the kind of crap we see today, eg "assualt weapon bans."
Talk to us... about all the reasons you believe it’s garbage.
This is no time to hold back, using a seven word sentence to deliver an insult to stifle discussion. Being blunt is cool, but not in these times. I’m all ears.
“Im absolutely sure that there were the same remarks made in 1775 by some of the Brits..LOL”
It’s not 1775.
Texas isn’t leaving the Union.
The seniors aren’t going to be willing to give up their SS and Medicare, even the conservative seniors won’t support that.
In 1775 there was no cable TV or X-Box or smart phones or any of that. Average people aren’t going to do anything that hard.
What happens to all the national business based here.
The secede now group is dreaming and all because they lost an election.
What states realistically would consider secession? Those big wealthy states like Mississippi? Lol
Any new confederacy would be stone broke before the ink was dry on their new constitutions.
Right after that the states that left the union would turn on each other.
I kind of think this isn’t anything but a breath holding tantrum by a very small percentage of voters who have become unhinged over the loss of an election.
Because it's a blog and it's excerpted in order that the pimp gets a few hits.
That alone makes it garbage. Posted in full it might not be garbage.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.