Skip to comments.Teacherís Union VP Calls Questions About His Involvement W Marxist Conference To Be McCarthyism
Posted on 12/05/2012 9:43:46 AM PST by Starman417
During a WLS radio interview, Jesse Sharkey Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) Vice President had a difficult time explaining his participation in the Midwest Marxist Conference. He refused to answer questions pertaining to why he was there and how the Chicago teachers are involved with the conference and the sponsor, the International Socialists Organization.
Bruce Dan and Dan Proft interviewed Sharkey on their show to discuss the school closing controversy being waged between the CTU and Chicago Public Schools. Sharkey was addressing the Chicago Teachers Union's coalitions that had supported the teachers' strike this fall, until Proft asked about the teachers union ties to "revolutionary movements."
Using the classic first defense of the cornered Leftist, Sharkey accused Proft of McCarthyism.
Sharkey: What our union has done, is work very hard to build a coalition between people who work in the schools and depend on the public schools and the people who go to school, the students and community And, uhm, I think the fact that were dedicated to that is reflected in the fact that theres been broad support for the things we're trying to do.
Proft: Where do the revolutionary movements fit into that coalition? I understand that a couple weeks ago that you appeared at the Midwest Marxist Conference at Northwestern University to talk about the important support that Chicago teachers get from revolutionary movements use of the strike weapon. Whats the alignment with Marxist organizations and revolutionary movements?
Sharkey: Ha, ha, ha, look guys, I mean, thanks...
Proft: Thats a legitimate question. Thats actually just happened. Thats actually true. Thats not McCarthyism.
Sharkey: Thanks for the 1950s McCarthyism.
Proft: Its not McCarthyism.
Sharkey: Uh, uh, well look it, the, the, the umevery time that unions or social movements have raised issues about whats fair and what isnt in base and equality, people have branded them as communist. I, I know
Proft: Wait a second. You spoke? Did you, or did you not, speak at the Midwest Marxist Conference?
Sharkey: I [pause] No I did not speak at the Midwest Marxism Conference.
Wolf: You were there though.
Proft: You didnt?
Wolf: You were there.
Wolf: You were there. Weve got you on video there. Why were you there? Sharkey: Uh. Im allowed to attend a Marxist conference, like Im allowed to [inaudible]
Wolf: Do you subscribe to their beliefs Mr. Sharkey?
Sharkey: Eh. Look, look guys, I mean, if you want to have me on as part of a, uh, uh, witch-hunt
Wolf: Its not a witch-hunt. What do you believe?
Proft: You attended this conference, Im just asking you what value you derive from this conference and how you see revolutionary movements as so described to connect to the teachers unions, thats all. Its not a witch-hunt. Its something you did.
Sharkey: Ah, uh, look gentlemen; Im not sure where youre going with
Sharkey was at the conference and his participation was recorded by a Breitbart reporter in a breakout session discussing relationships between revolutionary organizations including the International Socialists Oorganization's involvement in the teachers' strike. Sharkey contributed by discussing his views on what he termed an interesting dilemma:
(excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...
Stinkin’ no-comment blogpimp:
In this case the dude got caught red handed consorting with Commies ~ so it's true.
Joe would approve of outing this puke!
McCarthy was right.
We need more 1950’d McCarthyism!
McCarthy was right. If we had listened more to him we’d not be in the shape we are now.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
McCarthy was right, history has proven it. God Bless US Marine Joe McCarthy, he almost singled handedly saved America whule there was still time.
I don’t understand how anyone with any brains or any trace of human feeling can embrace Marxism. If you happened to point out the horrid record of places where Marxism has been implemented, a guy like this would say Marxism has really been tried yet, or it hasn’t turned out the way it was intended. Whatever. The bones are piled high in all Marxist countries, without exception, and that’s good enough proof against Marxism for me.
Do you feel it beneath you to comment or interact with the people on this forum?
You just post your blog crap and scurry away!
I did believe McCarthy way back then, but I must have been the only one. Everyone else dismissed him as crazy, until I was afraid to talk about him, but they were reading the leftist newspapers even back then, and believing what they wrote.
hat’s Bruce Wolf, not Bruce Dan.
Absolutely correct and here's some more.... The Truth about American Education Hero John Dewey
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.