Skip to comments.Men, How Are We Viewing Women? How Are We Viewing One Another?
Posted on 01/15/2013 5:54:47 PM PST by Morgana
Men, How Are We Viewing Women? How Are We Viewing One Another?
To spiritually love our wives. What a beautiful thing! To understand their physical bodies in light of their spiritual reality! What significance might a womans bre asts have spiritually? How can we truly come to see our wives in this way? How can we come to love our wives in spirit and in truth? The way they deserve to be seen as bearers of the image of God.
Anyone is able to love someone in the physical, focusing only on the physical reality of the person they are with, while the person they are focusing on remains in a state of spiritual death and decay. But if the "flesh counts for nothing", and yet Jesus calls us to love one another, then is He calling us to love one another in what does not count (the flesh)?
When we come together with our wives, are we to only be focusing on that in our wives and enjoying that in our wives that counts for nothing? That, which will not last, but is going to eventually perish (the flesh)? Absolutely not. It is appropriate to enjoy the physical aspects of our wives, but the emphasis needs to be placed on Christ within them. HE needs to be the focus of our affections. Otherwise we set ourselves up to be able to enjoy the physical aspects of anyone and anything whether Christ is a part of those things or not. We set our wives up as well to respond favorably to this type of affection - which can come from anyone.
How many mothers focus only on the physical aspects of their children in the name of love and do exceptional jobs of raising perfectly healthy children who are spiritually starving to death and in a state of spiritual decay? How many husbands focus only on the physical aspects of their wives in the name of love and do exceptional jobs of leading a perfectly healthy woman who is spiritually starving to death and in a state of spiritual decay?
When most Mothers raise their children they are focused only on the physical state of their children instead of their childrens spiritual reality. When most couples engage in physical intimacy they are focused only on the physical state of their intimacy (themselves) instead of each others spiritual reality (Christ within each of them). When people view pornography, they too are focused on the physical and not on Christ in themselves or in the people or persons they are viewing and yes, this would include mental images one may think of while fantasizing (mental pornography is what it is). And whenever anyone focuses only on the physical, they are able to enjoy the person they are focusing on regardless of that persons spiritual condition (reality). They are able to in the name of love show no concern whatsoever (true love) for the starving spiritual condition of the person they are essentially using. We do not mean to do this to ourselves or to others. Adam and Eve did not mean to do this to each other either. But nonetheless, in both cases it is what it is. And somehow we are disconnected from the truth (reality) of what we are to be focused on.
Are we attracted to physically dead, decaying people? Not at all. Have you seen a coke advertisement using a rotting corpse lately? Probably not. How can we become reconnected to the meaning that is truly there? Someones or somethings spiritual reality. Remembering that the flesh counts for nothing.
It was Jehovah God that the Israelites were to enjoy in the richness of the Promise Land (spiritual). Not just the Promise Land itself (the physical). But because the Israelites failed to see this, they failed completely.
If attraction, arousal and intimacy were seen for what they are, for what they must be, for someones spiritual condition, and we werent so focused on what counts for nothing (the flesh), then it would not be so easy to be tempted by pornography. Adultery would be seen for what it is. Countless television shows would lose their appeal and be canceled, and on and on and on.
We are viewing each other with eyes that will one day rot and decay. We are not viewing the reality of what is around us, which can only be seen with our minds. And because of this, we are being deceived. Appearance seldom equals reality. Just because someone is nice or physically appealing does not mean that theyre good.
Why would someone want to have children with a dead person? Why would someone want a dead person to kiss them, make love to them, raise and teach their children? Can spiritually dead people make God feel good? Are they able to please God? Should spiritually dead people be able to make us feel good? In movies, music, as friends and even family. Who were Christ's mothers, brothers and sisters? Which reality was HE focused on? Remember, that it is His image that we bear.
All of the above has everything to do with the "soil" of untruth that enables pornography and pornographic thoughts to take root and grow. = There are basic untruths needed in order for pornography / pornographic thoughts to be enticing to anyone.
As we come to know the truth of our own sexuality and of God's original blueprints for intimacy, pornography (a major untruth) will automatically begin to lose its grip within a person's life (being renewed with the mind of Christ). = As we come to know God's truth (Light), the untruth in us (darkness) is automatically driven back. And we begin to be set free.
When women demanded equality, they demanded a lessening of their status.
I remember those days before His coming to me.
I thank Him eternally for his courage to overcome that demonic urge!
Ok, ill be the first penguin to jump off the iceberg. The first sentence or so, fine. But why do articles on this concept never fail to manage to wind up kinda creepy towards the end.
Sex with corpses? Took a sick mind to dream that one up.
Thanks for the ping. You always give me something to think about.
“Sex with corpses? Took a sick mind to dream that one up.”
You’ll never have sex outside of marriage again if you just think of it that way.
We always hear “the rules” from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note... these are all numbered “1” ON PURPOSE!
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us bitching about you leaving it down.
1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
1. Sunday = sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
1. We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.
1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that last for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Check your oil! Please.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
1. If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us. We refuse to answer.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it’s genetic.
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
1. Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it’s Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn’t really matter what the hell they’re saying anyway.)
1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn’t matter which quiz.
1. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don’t mind that, it’s like camping.
1. I’m in shape. ROUND is a shape.
“1. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless its Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesnt really matter what the hell theyre saying anyway.)”
Gerry you weight in on that.
If each of us - or just more of us - looked at other people primarily as eternal souls, I think that would change a lot of things.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.