The NRA is just an organization. How about polling the favorable opinion of the 2nd Amendment?
The Dem/libs have been engaging in a slow but steady push to limit our right to own guns and reduce the number of guns in private hands for decades. And this is how it has been working out for them in the last two decades...
- The percentage of Americans who own guns has increased.
- The percentage of Americans who believe we have a right to own guns has increased.
- The number of guns owned per gun owner has increased.
- The amount of ammunition possessed per gun owner has increased.
- Concealed carry laws have spread from state to state like wildfire.
- Castle Doctrine laws have been passed in numerous states that didn't have them.
- Stand Your Ground laws have been passed in more states than had them before.
- Gun rights lobbying groups have become a cottage industry unto themselves sprouting up like mushrooms after a rainstorm.
- In the worst economy since the Great Depression the firearms industry can't keep up with orders or expand fast enough.
- Americans Buy Enough Guns in Last Two Months to Outfit the Entire Chinese and Indian Armies
If the lefties keep pushing gun control this way in another two decades one out of two Americans may be gun owners instead of one out of three.
MOLON LAVE! meanwhile WE'LL BUY MORE!!!
posted on 01/19/2013 10:59:07 PM PST
(Stupid is a Progressive disease.)
I don’t particularly like or dislike guns. They’re simply tools, no different really than cars or hammers, and I haven’t ever had much use for them. That said, the left makes me want to go out and buy some. Without guns, there’s no defense against hordes of criminals or an all powerful, totalitarian state, both of which could occur after an economic collapse. The founders were right, and no one except criminals and statists need fear an armed citizenry. I feel the need to be prepared for the worse.
posted on 01/19/2013 11:34:20 PM PST
(Why celebrate evil? Evil is easy. Good is the goal worth striving for.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson