Boner is going to be the Dem Prez in 2016...
...WHY THE HELL ELSE!?!?!
This is not even kicking the can down the road. They kicked the can into the recycle bin to be melted down into obscurity.
It’s bad policy, and it’s bad strategy. Otherwise, I can’t see anything wrong with it. It’s just greasing the handbasket so it goes faster.
The Repubs are still practicing their folding lawn chair schtick? Who would have guessed?
Boehner’s apparent treason does suggest another possibility: that he has info on a potential short-term catastrophe that would occur were he not so compliant. But what?
He probably was - but then the banksters made clear to him what was expected of Congress, so now everybody is back on the same page.
What a sorry excuse for a "leader".
John “Surrender Monkey” Boehner
Capitulation assumes boehner does NOT want to raise debt ceiling. My take is boehner doesn’t care about debt limit but just wants to spend less and tax less than obama. Typically RINO or dem lite position
Ha! As if the bulk of our Representatives' income comes from paychecks. :)
If Bonehead lies or cries (or even dies) in the woods, will anybody give a smelly Obama?
Boehner is a Democrat working as the leader of the Designated Opposition which is the present function of the Republican wing of the Democrat Party.
You knew he would. The only question was when.
Supposed to be a telephone town hall tonight with my Congressman. They phoned yesterday to say they’d be calling at 7PM.
I’ll be there: I have 4 points.
1) NO AMNESTY/CITIZENSHIP whatsoever,
2) I don’t care whether the FED goes insolvent, no debt limit increase,
3) ABSOLUTELY NO VOTES FOR ANY DEMOCRAT GUN-CONTROL PACKAGE, no universal checks, no registrations, no AWB, no mag limits, period.
4) If my congressman ever votes to make Boehner speaker, I’m done with him.
There needs to be a public effort to send Boehner lipstick and ladies undergarments.
John Boehner is so flaky and wishy-washy. Blows whichever way the wind goes... The House GOP should revolt and elect a new speaker......one that actually has a SPINE, like Michele Bachmann.
1) Focus on budget and spending into the summer means no talk about anything else, especially gun control
2) Rubio has a reasonable immigration plan that is worth a look. I think we can find some middle ground and put that issue behind us.
3) Spending and deficit is a huge issue, and polls show public on our side. However, if we dig our heals in and fight to the death then we lose. That may not feel good but I believe that is fact. It is what it is.
4) Anger and rage do no one any good. Pick our battles wisely and fight to win. Retake (or make headroads to) the Senate in 2014 and add a few seats to Congress.
5) Retake the White House in 2016
I understand the frustration, but expectations are a bit unrealistic in my opinion. If the goal is to marginalize the Conservative cause then we are well on our way. In my opinion you can reach the same end point while rebuilding the GOP brand (which is badly tarnished). Just my 2-cents.