Skip to comments.How Will They Confiscate Your Guns?
Posted on 03/11/2013 4:50:11 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
For decades I have heard gun owners claim that the government would never be able to confiscate our firearms because the government would lose too many men. The implication being, of course, that gun owners would actively resist confiscation, even to the point of shooting back. But I believe this thinking is outdated and doesnt align very well with reality. But before you tell me how big your honor guard in Hell will be when that day comes, lets think about how the government could really do it.
Suppose, for the sake of argument, the government bans all civilian possession of firearms at the end of this month. Congress passes a total ban and the President cuts his own re-election throat by signing it. Gun owners get some grace period to turn them in, even beyond the deadline, without being charged with a crime. If we use Australia and Britain as examples there will still be a significant number of firearms that are not turned in. Some estimates put the Australian turn-in at less than 25% and the British faired only about 28%. But Australians and the British have long been used to obeying almost every gun control law. Not so the Americans. When laws are passed that we dont like, we bite. We scratch. We vote. So here we sit after the guns have been collected and the amnesties have run out. Now what? Send out the personnel carriers, swat and shock troops to seize the guns from those militia terrorists who refused to turn them in? Dont be silly.
The government has lots of records about you. If you purchased a firearm since 1968, chances are that they have some record of it somewhere....
(Excerpt) Read more at keepandbeararms.com ...
And body bags.
Yes. Get a suitable sized piece of oil-resistant PVC pipe. Put a couple of your pieces in it for ‘long term storage’. Fill it with clean motor oil taking care to make sure that all of the air is removed. Seal it.
Then geo-cache it somewhere that only you or your family will ever find it.
Quite simple. They won't.
1. The Attorney General of NY will receive a 'tip' that a person has an 'illegal' firearm.
2. He will then seek a warrant based on the tip to search the persons home and businesses.
3. They will confiscate the firearm.
4. The Attorney General will file charges against the ONE individual and a COMPLIANT press will destroy the person. He'll be charged with weapons offenses with a possible sentence of 10-20 years.
5. He will stand trial. He will be found guilty. Even if the jury acquits him the liberal judge will over turn the verdict.
6. He will be sentenced to 10 years in jail.
7. They will then issue a warning that EACH and every 'illegal' gun owner will suffer the same fate.
8. End of story. The guns will come flooding in.
9. Liberals win without ever firing a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What guns? I turned all of mine in for a couple of Big Mac gift certificates. No questions were asked.
Not one of my 20+ arsenal has paper on it. Millions upon millions of guns out there have no paper on them linking to the current owner.
How Will They Confiscate Your Guns?
....if their smart, through osmosis
Freakin Muslims in the desert still aren’t beaten and how many armies tried to take them down? Do you really think that the resistance will wear red and stand in straight lines to defend? Once it begins a lot of people on both sides of the issue will die. The demographics are in the resistances favor and a lot of armory keys will be handed over freely to increase the resistance firepower.
If they are smart, they will continue to cleanse the country till all these gun grabbing a-holes are turned into fertilizer.While they are at it they should sanitize the cities of all the vermin that have turned this country into a golden teat for 47%.
Sounds like a plot for a great flick. Will make Red Dawn look like the Mickey Mouse Club.
“3. They will confiscate the firearm.”
In one out of 5 cases there will be a dead LEO... JMHO
Empty and hot.
Aside from the fact that this article is either out of date or just slightly off, it doesn’t make sense. Let’s go straight to the endgame. The assumption is that the BATF is going to search and confiscate guns while you’re not home. That’s idiotic.
1) Any assumption that that many people in the BATF and IRS are going to collude and undermine the Constitutional rights of Americans is incorrect. Many would openly resist. Many would resist covertly (notifying the owners).
2) Unless the government controls ALL information (an impossibility) then it would be common knowledge that you get searched when you are at your IRS appointment. All it takes is one person to stay home and fight for their weapons (unless you also believe they will be using IR to determine if anybody is home).
3) People don’t live alone and if they do they have friends. Again, all it takes is a few tyrant stooges to get shot and it all falls apart.
4) This couldn’t be done stealthily. Who’s to stop neighbors from taking out the confiscators?
In short, this would never happen.
They will raid your home while you are out, not while you are ready and armed at home. They will shoot to kill from several hundred yards, not charge with pistols and no body armor. They will blockade your home, cut off your power and water, and starve you out. They will burn you out with incendiary tear gas. We are talking about Obama, Pelosi, and the rest of the far left - we are talking about power-hungry, amoral socialists. They will follow the same strategies that the national socialist and soviet socialists followed, the strategies from Ruby Ridge and Waco, except that they will have learned to be even more ruthless while using even more effective propaganda to pretend that they are doing this for our own good and not to enslave us.
It will get ugly, and many decent people will die. The alternative though is to live as slaves and condemn our children to slavery. I will not allow my children to becomes slaves to Pelosi's followers. The trick is to keep the initiative and not wait for today's Brown-shirts to come for us.
It’s simple. In those states with registration, or a new fed registration law, the gov’t knows who has how many guns.
Don’t turn them in? The state invalidates your drivers license and any other state issued licenses (contractor’s, etc.). Revoke our vehicle registration. Confiscate tax refunds, cut off state assistance.
In short, they can nearly destroy you. It is at this point, folks might use the guns they cling to.
With estimates of 450+ million firearms owned by some number of Americans north of 100 million I think that is highly optimistic to think they could compile all of that date in three years. More like three decades. Millions of guns never had paper on them from day one. Most of those 4473s are still sitting in gun shops and sporting goods stores. There are already rumblings of of having 4473 burnings nationwide if they keep pushing.
Easy. Break into your home when you are at work or away on holiday. Then rip our every board until they find them.
Works for finding hidden guns and children...
So you don't think even a handful of gun owners will go Dorner on the authorities? Or a dozen? A dozen dozen?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.