Skip to comments.Why donít South Carolina conservatives like Lindsey Graham?
Posted on 05/09/2013 8:07:06 AM PDT by cotton1706
Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) faced his most vocal critics this weekend at the annual South Carolina Republican Party convention, though aides and state party leaders say this years criticism of the senator didnt match the opposition hes faced in previous years.
As theyve done several times in the past, a few hundred tea party-inspired activists attempted to seat a convention chairman who would help them remove Graham from the party, but their efforts failed when party leaders declined to recognize their motions and moved on with the days proceedings.
Adding to the weekend drama, a recent Winthrop Poll found that Grahams approval rating among Palmetto State Republicans and GOP-leaning independents is down from 72 percent to 58 percent. In an encouraging sign for Graham, however, the same poll found that a majority of registered voters, Republicans and GOP-leaning independents backed a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, if they took a series of steps to earn citizenship.
So why does a well-entrenched member of the Washington establishment, who is often quoted and well-regarded on issues of national security, continue to face such strong, vocal opposition among diehard conservatives and GOP activists back home?
Dorian Bucholzs body language said it all. When asked Saturday about Graham, she sighed and smiled: Lindsey does good things and then hell do some bad things. Hell be on the path to conservatism and then steer off that track.
But pressed to name something Graham has done to upset her, Bucholz didnt have an answer. Eventually, she cited Grahams votes for Obamas Supreme Court nominees and for not more forcefully criticizing the White Houses economic policies.
Grahams poll numbers appear to be slipping in part because he may face at least two conservative challengers in a primary contest next year
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
“cease this faggotry at once” comes to mind.
His initials are L.O.G. as in Log Cabin Republican? How ironic!
What’s to like about this RINO?
Because he’s a RINO, Democrat-Lite, prevaricating, eGOP lightfooted nancy-boy?
The dislike of conservatives for Sen. Grahm is not limited to South Carolina.
I suspect that, as John Irving would say, Graham is a “sexual suspect” because he is a single man of a certain age. It’s always a subject of conjecture—from James Buchanan, the bachelor president, to Sam Rayburn, who had a three month marriage to his best friend’s teenage sister. Remember Maxine Waters musing about who Ralph Nader would have sleeping in the White House if he were to be elected president?
And it doesn’t help to have an androgynous name like Lindsay. Is it any wonder that Marion Morrison changed his name to John Wayne?
Because, before being a conservative, he’s an attention hog, the RINO version of Chuck Schumer, except unlike Schmucky he actually works with the enemy. And he has a knack for selling out conservatives at the worst time.
If ya gotta ask the question, you wouldn’t understand the answer.
Uh, because they’re conservatives. Linda is too wishy washy for most conservatives.
ANOTHER Lindsay Graham puff-piece in the libtard press?
Thats 3 from today alone! The marching orders must have gone out yesterday.
The libtards must love his pansy-ass or they would not be trying to get him re-elected, and THAT is what conservatives don’t like about him
The senator is on his last term. We in SC will welcome a new Conservative in the Senate.
I hope there are not TWO conservative challengers
we do this every time.
We have one RINO who wins with 30% (Romney comes to mind) because the rest of the field is splitting 70% 6 ways.
Since Graham became McCain’s Mini-Me and I’ve always despised McCain’s attempts to undermine conservatives, that’s when he lost my support. I was happy with the Graham that led impeachment against Clinton but that was last century.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.