Skip to comments.Open Letter to Liberal Churches: A Dirty Dozen Questions on Social Issues
Posted on 06/08/2013 6:10:03 PM PDT by grumpa
Liberal Christians have much that you can teach us conservatives. Your passion for loving thy neighbor is admirable. But, Ive got a few questions for you:
1. Have you let the culture influence you rather than the other way around? If so, how is that biblical?
2. Are you offering a message of hope and forgiveness (from the pulpit) through repentance and faith to those who may have strayedon these issues: Adultery, Homosexuality, and Abortion? Remember, there are two sides to sinthe sin itself, and the recovery and healing.
3. Do you care about the TRUTH of homosexuality (or just your idealized vision of it)that statistics clearly show that it is a horribly destructive behavior physically, emotionally, spirituallythat it is marked by early death, disease, disappointment, promiscuity, perversity, addiction, and misery? The truth is that the real threat to persons in the homosexual lifestyle is not discriminationbut physical devastation. How compassionate is it really to encourage this lifestyle?
4. Do you care that you have been lied to by the politically correct crowd about being born that waysince all of the evidence points to the fact that there IS NO GAY GENE and that many many people really do leave the homosexual lifestyle completely?
5. Can you see that marriage is a God-given institution between one man and one womana fundamental institution so important to society and the raising of children that no government has the right to take it away? Can you see that the gay marriage issue is societys attempt to marginalize Christianity, even making the Bible HATE SPEECH and thus a crime? Cant you see where this is leading us on our precious religious liberty?
6. Are there some sins that you are willing to preach against, but arbitrarily white-wash other sins from your preaching and teaching? Would you preach the truth even if it cost you membership in your churchor even your job?
7. Do you acknowledge, even out of the corner of your eye, that the Bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is not only a sin, but a heinous one often presented along with others in the context of idolatry? Woe to those who call evil good (Isaiah 5:20).
8. What right do you have to arbitrarily ignore anything in Gods Word? They are HIS rules, after all, not yours. If you are going to throw out part of it, whats to stop you from throwing out other parts you dont like? How is this helping the Christian cause? Are you effectively telling non-Christians that the Bible is fungible?
9. Are you willing to publicly admit that abortion is murder, since it is both medically and theologically true that it takes a human life? (How about the Sixth Commandment?) What twisting of logic have you used to convince yourself that you have to leave this one alone?
10. How does your view of compassion for the least of these square with the fact that the most dangerous place to be for an innocent unborn child is in her mothers womb? If you could have saved the life of even a single child from abortion by speaking out, isnt the blood of that child on your hands?
11. Is your big tent big enough to include a conservative with a biblical worldview? Or is your big tent really just an arbitrary and hypocritical excuse to surround yourself with people holding to your own political views? Is your passion for tolerance limited to those you arbitrarily choose to tolerate?
12. Can you see that the decline in mainline denominations is consistent with your caving on the social issues? Are you really leading people to Christ or giving them a mixed message and false conversion while aiding the decline of Christianity in America?
For statistics, studies, and sources, see the Christianity and Culture section of Faith Facts:
Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem;
Creatorem caeli et terrae.
Et in Jesum Christum,
Filium eius unicum, Dominum nostrum;
qui conceptus est
de Spiritu Sancto,
natus ex Maria virgine;
passus sub Pontio Pilato,
crucifixus, mortuus, et sepultus;
descendit ad inferos;
tertia die resurrexit a mortuis;
ascendit ad caelos;
sedet ad dexteram Dei Patris omnipotentis;
inde venturus est
iudicare vivos et mortuos.
Credo in Spiritum Sanctum;
sanctam ecclesiam catholicam;
vitam aeternam. Amen.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ,
his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived
by the power of the Holy Spirit,
and born of the Virgin Mary,
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
he will come again
to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen
what gets me how many blacks and others say they’re Christian or Catholic, especially in the north east and then vote for everything thye are supposed to be against , much like the dopes you see driving a pick up truck or an SUV with an Obama sticker on.
Guess they must really like oabma’s energy policy
Liberal = misplaced compassion
I have but one question: “Do you worship Jesus or Caesar?” or put differently “Do you worship the Carpenter or the Tax Collector?”
The article begins with a false premise. It's a fact that liberalism and Christianity are polar opposites. The intersection of those two ideas forms the null set. While not all Conservatives are necessarily Christian by definition, all Christians are Conservative. The teachings of Christ are unquestionably Conservative in every aspect.
Uh... that first false statement swore me off the entire piece.
Liberals, mostly wealthy, white elitists, actually despise their social "underlings," but use them as political pawns.
How about: You say you’re against gay marriage and abortion - then why do you keep voting for politicians who are pushing these abominations?
First of all you won’t find many liberals anywhere near a church on Sunday morning. They’re trying to sleep off their hangover...
Boy, I could write volumes on this subject. What has happened to our society and to liberal churches is that they no longer base their core moral values on biblical Christianity. If you try to argue with a liberal, especially on theological issues, you will find someone in which the Scriptures are no longer normative in matters of doctrine and practice. Everything is based upon feelings. When they do use Scripture, they misuse it to fit their ideology. For instance, the judgment against Sodom and Gomorrah was because of a lack of hospitality, not homosexuality (sodomy). I could give you a hundred examples on how Scripture is deliberately twisted by liberals. Nietzsche described our culture when he proclaimed that “God is dead.”
Me too. It is definitely a falsehood that has flourished that liberals are more compassionate or love thy neighbor more.
I confounds me that that particular falsehood has been debunked many times, but seems to live on.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.