Skip to comments.
The 10 Commandments of Government
directorblue.blogspot.com not Zero Hedge ^
| November 2, 2013
| Doug Ross
Posted on 11/02/2013 11:27:50 PM PDT by Zakeet
- Generally speaking, government always grows -- it never shrinks -- whether times are good or bad.
- In each area it purports to "assist", government attempts to replace individual decision-making with central planning.
- In order to implement its grand central plans and solidify its power, government must take from one citizen to give to another; this is, in effect, lawful theft.
- No matter how many times central planning fails, the self-appointed masterminds in government assert that "this time is different" and that with only a few tweaks and more money, their delusional plans will succeed.
- Because it uses funds confiscated from taxpayers, self-restraint is no obstacle to government's ambitions.
- Its fundamental misunderstanding of human nature notwithstanding, government must claim to grant "rights", which require it steal the labors of one citizen to give to another (such as food, shelter, employment, and health care).
- No matter how widespread the harm it causes, government will never provide an honest and historical accounting -- a report card -- of its failures.
- As more individuals and families are harmed by the failures of central planning, government must find suitable scapegoats, must lie to do so, and therefore must also repress dissent.
- In order to build its network of redistribution and grow a culture of dependency on its services, government must inevitably undermine the family unit, religion, and the notion of God-given rights in order to cow, bribe, or intimidate its citizens.
- As government grows ever more powerful, it must also become increasingly oppressive through compulsion and force. To do otherwise would mean government must shrink, and this it cannot do.
KEYWORDS: centralplanning; government; liberalism; socialism
The above list and this image pretty much nail the problem ... in my opinion.
posted on 11/02/2013 11:27:50 PM PDT
To: Jim Robinson
This article does a good job of summing up many of the arguments that you have made since you founded this site.
posted on 11/02/2013 11:31:08 PM PDT
(Democrats haven't destroyed your freedoms ... you can still visit them at the Smithsonian)
A government that constantly grows was prophesied in 1 Samuel 8, especially from verse 11 to verse 18.
And he (Samuel) said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots. / And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots. / And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers. / And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants. / And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants. / And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work. / He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants. / And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.
Now this manner of excess has been exceeded by far by modern rulers. Guess not enough people are affected to the point where they cry out to God yet, or . . . ?
posted on 11/02/2013 11:39:45 PM PDT
Comment #5 Removed by Moderator
posted on 11/02/2013 11:46:14 PM PDT
("If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain)
This list is a how-to guide for Barack Obama’s entire administrative tenure.
posted on 11/02/2013 11:54:21 PM PDT
(Early 2009 to 7/21/2013 - RIP my little girl Cathy. You were the best cat ever. You will be missed.)
>>>Now this manner of excess has been exceeded by far by modern rulers. Guess not enough people are affected to the point where they cry out to God yet, or . . . ? >>>
Please see my tag line.
posted on 11/02/2013 11:56:33 PM PDT
(STORM THE HEAVENS WITH PRAYERS FOR OUR COUNTRY.)
No matter how many times central planning fails, the self-appointed masterminds in government assert that "this time is different" and that with only a few tweaks and more money, their delusional plans will succeed.
Bingo. And the sheeple nod their collective heads in unison, bleating "thank you government for fixing this...." all the while being fleeced yet again.
posted on 11/03/2013 4:30:32 AM PST
(God save us.)
posted on 11/03/2013 7:02:47 AM PST
by capt B
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson