Skip to comments.Israel can't count on America
Posted on 12/13/2013 10:30:08 PM PST by tedbel
America today is the same America that:
1. Stopped Jewish immigration in the twenties.
2. Turned anti-Semitic in the depression
3. Allowed its citizens to finance the Nazi war machine.
4. Banned Jewish refugees from entering the US during the Holocaust.
5. Refused to bomb the railways transporting Jews to extermination centers.
6. Refused to bomb the extermination camps.
Refused entry of a boatload of Jewish children during the holocaust 7. Was against the creation of Israel. Fortunately countermanded by Pres Truman.
- 1951 Kermit Roosevelt, the CIAs operations chief in the Middle East set up a fake anti-Israel lobby in Washington called American Friends of the Middle East. Its job was to weaken popular support for the Jewish state.
8. Placed an arms embargo on Israel after its creation which lasted until after the Six day War.
9. Forced Israel to withdraw from the Sinai after it conquered it in 1956.
11. Ordered Israel to wait to be attacked before the 73 war which wasted precious hours.
10. Refused to resupply the IDF in the 73 war in the early days when it was sorely needed.
11. Prevented Israel from delivering the coup de gras in that war.
12. Sided with Egypt in demanding Israel retreat from every inch of the Sinai.
13. Forced Israel to put Jerusalem on the table in the Madrid Peace Conferance
- violated a plea bargain with Jonathan Pollard and incarcerated him for close to 30 years which is grossly unprecedented for similar crimes.
14. Was against Israel bombing the Osirak reactor in Iraq.
15. Ordered Israel not to attack Iraq in the Gulf War in 91 even if attacked.
16 Demanded full withdrawal by Israel from all territories contrary to UNSC Res 242
17. Demanded Israel dismantle some settlements and stop building them.
(Excerpt) Read more at israpundit.com ...
Even if America had done every single thing right instead of wrong here (and to be sure, America has done a lot for Israel that this list completely ignores) Israel still ought to be looking solely to her God for salvation. Everything else is “just the business, sweetheart.”
America should learn how to control its borders from the experience of Israel.
Americas friends are left behind in Barack Obamas new plans
Aren’t you the ultimate blog pimp?
You simply post a link and then split.
The changing demographics in the United States is affecting the level of American sympathy and support for Israel.
When Israel did look to God, they had a series of victories and started to dominate the region. When they started to look to men (like Carter), their gains started dissolving.
For a year and a half, too.
This is a very damning list of wrongful deeds to Israel done by or not impeded by the United States. It’s a wonder Israel still exists at all today in any form. I guess for the most part, the U.S. has been the least destructive or the least maliciously harmful toward Israel. No man or woman now breathing is a perfect being, but I have much admiration for the strong sense of survival and the will to thrive seen in many cultures older than America. I have great admiration (each for different reasons) for the countries of Israel, Germany and Japan. Each has had to reinvent itself after complete and utter defeat.
It’ more like 8 years.
Absolutely a blog pimp. I went back to 2008 and he has never responded to anyone. A “hit and split” artiste. Kind of like that knockout game.
What in the world are you talking about- “Everything else is “ just the business, sweetheart.”
To this day, does not recognize the capitol of Israel.
One must scroll all the way back to May of 1916 to see any comment from you:
You’re not looking at the most important number. How much money has tedbel contributed to FR in the past ten years?
Nobody can count on America any more.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.